Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:51:33 AM EDT
basically a guy threw a brick at a cop car and got taserd.

the lawyer there with him keeps refusing to affirm or deny those charges saying he cant bc they are pending (BS) and will not discuss it (the fox news anchor had to tell us that was why he was being arrested)

on the vid it did appear he was cooperating and still got tasered but hell, he threw a brick at a cop car and we only see a little part of the vid. hes lucky they didnt return fire....

*cue jackson and sharpton: "he didn do nufin"
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Vid shows he had surrendered with hands on car.   Bad cop no doughnut!  FBI now involved.  What he deserves and what is allowed by law/ policy are two different things.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, at first i was all on his side and thought the cop overreacted, then i heard that he threw a brick at a cop car and still thought it was an overreaction because it looked as though he surrendered.

i just thought it was ironic that his lawyer wouldnt even acknowledge the fact that he threw a brick at a cop... srsly, how stupid do you have to be to throw a brick at a cop and not expect anything though?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
basically a guy threw a brick at a cop car and got taserd.

the lawyer there with him keeps refusing to affirm or deny those charges saying he cant bc they are pending (BS) and will not discuss it (the fox news anchor had to tell us that was why he was being arrested)

on the vid it did appear he was cooperating and still got tasered but hell, he threw a brick at a cop car and we only see a little part of the vid. hes lucky they didnt return fire....

*cue jackson and sharpton: "he didn do nufin"

Didnt see the entire thing, but what I saw looked pretty bad for the officer in my opinion.
Yeah I saw him with his hands on the car. Usually in the movies at that point an officer will begin to handcuff him and explain the nature of the arrest, then if the suspect begins to resist an officer responds with appropriate force.
From what the lawyer was saying, this cop would be getting in trouble with the department because they dont authorize use of taser on a suspects neck. Also it sounded like the officer was not qualified to use the taser.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yeah, at first i was all on his side and thought the cop overreacted, then i heard that he threw a brick at a cop car and still thought it was an overreaction because it looked as though he surrendered.

i just thought it was ironic that his lawyer wouldnt even acknowledge the fact that he threw a brick at a cop... srsly, how stupid do you have to be to throw a brick at a cop and not expect anything though?

You dont think there is a criminal case pending against the suspect? Why would he go on TV and admit to a crime.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Post the vid if someone finds it.  Sounds groovy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#6]
this SHOULD result in several people with poor impulse control and judgement being removed from the streets.....

however, it'll just result in one making money, another getting a paid vacation, and several others slinking away like cockroaches.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Post the vid if someone finds it.  Sounds groovy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RVvLgJ_v_4
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw it.   Slick-Willy liar, I mean lawyer, wouldn't let his client say much.

No sound, but, even if the subject had his hands on the hood, and the cop was giving him other instructions, passively resisting possibly combined with ETOH or other judgement impairing substances, could be cause for the Taser to be deployed.

Use of Force continuims usually allow for the officer to go one step above the subjects actions.  

Now the cop is probably in doo doo for deploying the Taser to the neck, contrary to department policy.

I rode the thing twice, its not that big a deal.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Huh?

There is sound. 40 seconds of the guy screaming as he's being tased in the neck.

Quoted:

No sound, but, even if the subject had his hands on the hood, and the cop was giving him other instructions, passively resisting possibly combined with ETOH or other judgement impairing substances, could be cause for the Taser to be deployed.

Use of Force continuims usually allow for the officer to go one step above the subjects actions.  

Now the cop is probably in doo doo for deploying the Taser to the neck, contrary to department policy.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Geez, he must have made a "furtive move"...  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Huh?

There is sound. 40 seconds of the guy screaming as he's being tased in the neck.
Quoted:

I could barely hear the screaming so if in fact the cop was giving commands for the subject to go prone instead of hands on the car, I didn't hear.  Unknown subject just committed a felony, judgement is assumed to be impaired resulting in his poor decision to throw the brick at a police car, right in front of a police station,  unknown if others involved in the immediate area, guy may look 'froggy',  I'd prone them out. Ask them to prone out, order them to prone out, then if they are still not following command to prone, I'd make him prone out.

I'm not making excuses for the cop, just presenting what may have led up to the subject being Tasered.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#14]
The cop forgets the camera is rolling?  That didn't look good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top