Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/15/2010 4:17:46 AM EDT
I swear we need some hometown forums for over-seas spots...

I'm in Guam till about the 27th if anyone in here and wants to get together for a couple beers or such PM me!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:26:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
I swear we need some hometown forums for over-seas spots...

I'm in Guam till about the 27th if anyone in here and wants to get together for a couple beers or such PM me!

Hmmmm...You're in Guam, until the 27th...You're avatar shows a Japanese flag...

I'm guessing a CAG 5 squadron? Probably doing SFARP...?

I was a Dambuster from 1996-2000...Don't leave there without snorkeling at Gab-Gab beach on Big Navy, or trying the chicken or beef teriyaki sticks at the bowling alley in Anderson AFB!

I keep trying to find a job there...Guam was amazing. Enjoy your time there! (when you're not working your 12 hour shifts!)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:28:33 AM EDT
you're speakin jibberish to me my Sea-going friend

USAF, out of Okinawa here to send my base's shit home after an exercise... 14 days here and only 3-4 days of real work... Damn I love my Job!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:32:25 AM EDT
Is the brown tree snake problem there as bad as I understand it to be?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:35:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kap_x:

I'm not sure Kap, been here less than a day so we shall find out, the mosquitoes sure as hell are though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:41:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
Originally Posted By kap_x:

I'm not sure Kap, been here less than a day so we shall find out, the mosquitoes sure as hell are though.

As I understand it, there is a huge over-infestation of the brown tree snakes (invasive species). No natural predators and an abundance of prey.
I hear it's quite common to open a cupboard and find one of the fuckers inside, and that losing power due to them getting fried on power lines is a fairly common occurance.
Let me know your findings when you're through enjoying your time there

In any case, thanks for your service and godspeed!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:51:15 AM EDT
as long as they are non-poisonous I'm set!

thanks too, Kap_X
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:24:43 AM EDT
I spent the first 2 years of my time in the Air Force on Guam...LOVED it there.

Brown Tree Snakes are a problem & they are poisonous but they're rear-fanged requiring some chewing action before the venom works its way in so no worries. I was bit by one during the Super Typhoon Paka clean-up...had leather gloves on fortunately. The venom is reportedly weak, could kill an infant but not an adult from what I was told.

I was there from 97 - 99, not sure what it's like now but back then the strip clubs on Tumon Bay were like no other.. Club USA & Vikings FTW! :D
The diving & snorkeling is solid, Gab-Gab 1 & 2 down at Big Navy are great, the Spanish Steps was a real cool snorkeling site as well.
Top Top