Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 7:18:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
never seen anyone need an emulator most window games take it automatically I know even arma 3 will do it with a few changes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I use xpadder.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're having problems with a game picking up the Xbox gamepad, use Xpadder. It translates gamepad controls to mouse and keyboard controls. If you're lucky the game will have joystick support and you can assign that to one of the sticks, otherwise WSAD translated to a stick can be kind of clunky.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use xpadder.
View Quote

I haven't use it.

But i have seen this mentioned before in tech forums.

I would also suggest to contact the game maker and ask them to include support in the game. Get people that are interested in the game to do the same.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Im battling this now with GTA4. It looks like any game running Games for Windows Live is limtied to XBox controllers only. I have one and I loathe the thing.

I ended up writing an AutoHotKey script so I can get x,y,throttle and rudder control in GTA4 using a joystick. Everything else is keyboard and mouse though so it probably would not help you.

On the bright side, GFWL is gone so we shouldnt have to deal with this crap anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im battling this now with GTA4. It looks like any game running Games for Windows Live is limtied to XBox controllers only. I have one and I loathe the thing.

I ended up writing an AutoHotKey script so I can get x,y,throttle and rudder control in GTA4 using a joystick. Everything else is keyboard and mouse though so it probably would not help you.

On the bright side, GFWL is gone so we shouldnt have to deal with this crap anymore.
View Quote

Motion joy. Best I've found I use a ps3 controller, and it gives the option on emulating Xbox controller
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top