Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:04:49 PM EDT
a few days back I bought 2 under armor shirts at a sporting goods store and I have a few questions. For one when I tried them on they were really tight, I know they are supposed to be skin tight but in my usual shirt size of large they seemed to be choking off blood flow. Even XL wasnt enough. Tried XXL and liked it but it still fits tight enough. Though now im worried, will the fabric stretch and because of its too big size eventually become too loose to be effective as a 'skin tight' shirt? Should I return the shirts and get them in large instead?

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone had any experience with coldgear? Does it really work as good as they say it does, providing circulation of body heat without bulk? how well does it work? Is it worth the price?

Lastly Id really like to buy a Black under armor visor, either stretch fit or the regular kind will do.  I know they make em but I cant find em on UA's website or anywhere else for that matter. Anyone know where I can get one?

thanx.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It makes you look like a muscled up stud, that's all I know.

No, I don't wear any.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Aren't you in high school ?   What the heck could you possibly need underarmor stuff for ?

Skip that......  Was thinking the old "under armor" stuff with the plastic tubes I remember from a few years back, that cops wore under their vests to stay cooler.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I brought Cold Gear out to the range last time I went. I think it was in thr 40's, no wind, and I was wearing a bullet-resistant vest over the top of it. It was comfortable and kept me pretty warm.

I don't like the normal Under Armor shirts because they feel a little too tight under the arm to me, so I opten for 5.11 "muscle mapping" which seems to work just as effectively when it's hot out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I brought Cold Gear out to the range last time I went. I think it was in thr 40's, no wind, and I was wearing a bullet-resistant vest over the top of it. It was comfortable and kept me pretty warm.

I don't like the normal Under Armor shirts because they feel a little too tight under the arm to me, so I opten for 5.11 "muscle mapping" which seems to work just as effectively when it's hot out.

But, did you look like a pumped up stud?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It's all we wear here, mostly.  Some guys still wear regular tan shirts but a good majority wear UnderArmor.

I usually wore Large/XL shirts back home and I found the L UA shirts to be a bit tight.  I went with XL and they are perfect for me.
6'1, 195#
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The 511 shirts fit a bit better as they are cut bigger. So just up size when you buy one. All these shirts work about the same and you find them in the BX/PX at your local military base. In fact I got this from the PX web site as follows:
The Top 100 items ordered by soldiers deployed to SW Asia from the PX.

1. Under Armour Heatgear Tactical T-Shirt
2. Under Armour Loosegear Tactical T-Shirt
3. Thermotux Cool Aid PASGT Combat Helmet Insert
4. PSALM 91 Camo Bandana
5. Under Armour Heatgear Tactical Shorts
6. 511 Tactical Pants
7. Shemagh Desert Headdress
8. Altama Ripple Sole Combat Boots
9. Polarmax Acclimate All Weather Shirt
10. Wiley X SG1 Sunglass/Tactical Goggle

The USMC has the UA Tee shirt as a basic issue item that you can buy for $12.75 at a base uniform store.
Lastly, you are starting to see a lot of this gear in Nike and Addidas for kids and adults. Works real good for soccer goal keepers. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#9]
yep , size 1 larger than normal works fine with UA for me. Cold gear works well, but is NOT a replacement for long underwear for cold weather /winter. Combine with polypro underwear it works great though. I use UA shirts alot for CCW, prevents chafing of the IWB carried  gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got the UA underwear for the gym.  Great stuff.  It has more of a pouch style front, and not a seam sewn right down the middle.  Much more comfortable.

I don't care for the skin tight stuff.  I bet the long johns would be nice, though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#11]

This is getting too ghey
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have tons of underarmour stuff.

It rules!

You do have to by the shirts a size up from what you wear a t shirt in.  I never wear is as outer wear cuz you do look like a fr00t!.  It's great "UNDER" other garments.

I don't like it under my body armor, however.  It's too slick feeling.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Just wanted to clarifiy. The reason I want it to fit skin tight is because when I work hard I sweat hard and having the fabric close to my skin maximizes its ability wick moisture. If I actually was ripped it would of course show off my muscles, which of course makes these shirts remind me quite often of why I need to get in shape.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#14]
After playing in it for five and a half years (lacrosse) I have the following to say:

The tight stuff should be tight, but still comfortable.

Cold Gear works, but when its REALLY cold (i.e. below 20 degrees) you're gonna want something more.  I wear a heat gear tee under it when it gets that cold.  Overall, the way Coldgear does its thing is that the pores in the fabric open when you get hot, allowing circulation.   Once again, when its REALLY cold your gonna want somoething more, but I go running at night in Champaign during the winter earing only the Coldgear leggings and the Coldgear top and a pair of lacrosse shorts and I'm fine (even with central IL winters).  Overall its a great product.

HOWEVER...  I have currently stumbled across a new product... Nike Dritek.  I would recommend this to anyone.  Its like underarmour perfomance wise, except it feels less syntetic.  It feels almost as soft as a cotton shirt against your skin, not the synthetic feel of underarmor.  I am in love with it.  Of course, my lacrosse team is sponsered by Nike and I got the shirt for free, but its sweet as hell.  I recommend it above underarmour any day.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#15]
it makes my moobs look hot
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Under Armor is about to have an IPO. I may have to invest in them after hearing how much people, especially troops like them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Under-Armor already went public.  IPO @ $13/share and closed today at $28.55.  Symbol UARM.
Toooo laaaaate.

Anyhow, I wear UA loosegear longsleeve shirts at work under my sweatshirts to stay warm.  I can tell a big difference when wearing one versus not wearing one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#18]
My kid, and the other self-imagined football studs at the local middle-school wear nothing but UnderArmor.  I get to laundry his stuff, have no UA of my own.  It does not appear to change size after repeated laundering.  It is damn rugged stuff.  As to sizing, I believe 2 or 3 upsizes is appropriate, and not loose.
DanM
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Fabric undergoes shrinkage in dryer.  Buy one or 2 sizes larger if possible.  Fat men do not fit well in under armor.  Take if from me!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know what you guys are talking about.  The cold gear is the warmest long johns i have ever wore.  I been working in construction for as long as i can remember and tried all the long johns made.  LL Bean, cabelas, lands end. everything.  Nothing is even close to the cold gear.  It is well worth the 100 bucks for the top and bottom.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been Cold Gear for hunting for the past couple of years. Like the others have said, go up a size. I normally take XL, but it was too tight, so I went with XXL. I don't notice a tight feeling after a couple of minutes. It does a real good job wicking away the perspiration.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fabric undergoes shrinkage in dryer.  Buy one or 2 sizes larger if possible.  Fat men do not fit well in under armor.  Take if from me!!

The stuff dries really fast so there is no need to put it in the dryer. I never did and it was dry by morning.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The stuff dries really fast so there is no need to put it in the dryer. I never did and it was dry by morning.

+1, its amazing how fast this stuff dries. When I get a stain on a shirt I just wet the area down and rub the fabric together a little (every now and then with some soap of some kind but most of the time just water and rubbing) and the stain comes out. Within minutes the fabric is so dry no one would ever believe you if you told them it had just been soaking wet 5 minutes ago.

ETA: Im thinking about maybe seeing if I can return my stuff (or sale it online if returning is out of the question) and getting an XL instead of XXL. One thing about the XXL I dont like is its too long and I have to either stuff it in or put it down over my pants and it looks funky. Either way im very satisfied with it. Although when/if I return it I think im gonna opt for a V neck in the heatgear, ive always thought that I needed more room below my neck and full t's usually dont give me that room. Turtle necks drive me nuts. I think im gonna invest the cash for coldgear too. If its as good as yall say it could be one of my best investments.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#26]
We once made love in the back of a car, but she was a dirty whore and I never saw her again.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This stuff blows Underarmor away!!!

but Under armor ist panty hose
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
We once made love in the back of a car, but she was a dirty whore and I never saw her again.

wrong thread jackass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
5.11 Tactical "Muscle Mapping" and tight crew shirts are what I wear. They fit me fine and I don't dry them in a dryer, I wash them on cold and hang-dry them.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I've a bunch of the "Loose fit" shirts that I took to Africa with me last month.

They worked great and were more than comfortable.

I'll be buying more.

+1 on the loosegear shirts - I've got four of them and they are perfect for wear here in HI...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've a bunch of the "Loose fit" shirts that I took to Africa with me last month.

I'll be buying more.

+1 on the loosegear shirts - I've got four of them and they are perfect for wear here in HI...

I havent worn one since I moved back here, wore them in Texas when it was 110 and humid outside, but not hot enough here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I don't think I have called anyone a faggot on ARFCOM. If you wear that you are a faggot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think I have called anyone a faggot on ARFCOM. If you wear that you are a faggot.

Haha, I think youre the second guy who took my comment seriously.  Its a joke man, take it easy.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wrong thread jackass.

sorry as i ma too drunk but i think i once madde love to a fine minden named uner armror.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I wear under armor, tight kind, under a regular t shirt for indoor soccer.  Because I suck and I fall down a lot, I like the abrasion protection.  

They are also comfortable for rolling around a mat during self defence type training.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I wear under armor, tight kind, under a regular t shirt for indoor soccer.  Because I suck and I fall down a lot, I like the abrasion protection.  

They are also comfortable for rolling around a mat during self defence type training.  

Uh, yeah.......
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:24:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'll be buying more.

I like the 'Loose Gear' ones myself.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'll be buying more.

+1 on the loose fit shirts.   And another +1 on the 'I'll be buying more.'
Personally (at least for myself) I dont dig the TIGHT FIT style of shirt.  If I'm performing vigorous activity, I prefer loose fitting clothing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha, I think youre the second guy who took my comment seriously.  Its a joke man, take it easy.  

Oh man, I thought you were serious. We can have a man hug now. I went and did some pushups and looked at a Playboy just to make sure I was still ok after I clicked on that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The tight stuff should be tight, but still comfortable.

+1.  It should be skin-tight but not constrictive.  

I have some UA Heat Gear that I use for camping/hiking during the summer, as a wicking layer under my primary clothes.  Seeing as I go hiking/camping in areas that get snow in June/July you have to be particularly concerned about moisture being wicked/vented away, because you can get hypothermia if you're not smart.

Of course, it helps to not wear Heat Gear as your outer garment, unless you are cut like Terrell Owens.  I saw some guy wearing UA gear as his outer garment ... on a British Airways flight to London from Philadelphia in July.    And he wasn't near TO's physique ....

I also have some of their Loose Gear b-ball shooter shirts for the gym and running outdoors.  They're great.  It feels like you're wearing a polyester pillowcase with arm and neck holes.  

Quoted:
HOWEVER...  I have currently stumbled across a new product... Nike Dritek.  

Hm, I will have to give that a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top