Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:07:14 PM EDT
Mission coming up I am just wondering if anything is still going on over there.  What kind of operations were conducted?  I am looking for some excitement not a boring deployment like kosovo. I'm not saying I want to get shot at all the time just would like to feel like I am doing some good.

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a website for Global RSL?  I just googled it, but nothing relevant came up.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I am here for another 48 hours or so, a year is long enough!

You will definitly not be bored like Kosovo, what is your MOS and I can give you an idea of what to expect.... stay away from Bagram and at the smaller FOB's and life is better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
New Zealand has SAS soldiers deployed to Afghanistan, who knows what they are doing... Best not to ask.

Other than them, I gather there is a fair amount of reconstruction work going on.
Provincial Reconstruction Team's (PRT) seem to be all over the place.
( Provide a strengthened military observer capacity; Monitor and assess civil, political, and military reform efforts through community engagement; Act as liaisons for Non-government Organisations and other civilian organisations; andGather information about what communities need in terms of reconstruction through visiting them and making contact with community leaders)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You will definitly not be bored like Kosovo, what is your MOS and I can give you an idea of what to expect.... stay away from Bagram and at the smaller FOB's and life is better.

Infantry, whats life in the FOBS like?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Infantry, whats life in the FOBS like?

Bagram is too big and home of the REMF's. Salerno is big but still has some common sense, it has all the nice stuff of BAF withou the BS (Small PX, KBR chow etc).

Most of the smaller FOB's have crappy phones, little internetr unless you buy your own system, crappy food, but you are away from the brass and able to get out and do your job. Make friends with the locals, eat the food, and have a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top