Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:30:48 AM EDT
getting a motherboard (abit) and it has a 24 pin connector.  the case i just got has a 20+4 pin connector(s)  is that the same or am i confused?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
getting a motherboard (abit) and it has a 24 pin connector.  the case i just got has a 20+4 pin connector(s)  is that the same or am i confused?

The extra four probably seperate from the main 20 pin connector.

When in doubt, check the pinout diagram for the motherboard and the power supply to make sure they match up before hitting the switch!  

Jim
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When in doubt, check the pinout diagram for the motherboard and the power supply to make sure they match up before hitting the switch!  

Jim

pfft.  I suppose a woman or small boy might do something like this.  Real men just hook together all connectors that fit and turn it on.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

pfft.  I suppose a woman or small boy might do something like this.  Real men just hook together all connectors that fit and turn it on.  

+1, and what doesn't fit will soon fit once you fix it with a hammer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]
yes, a 20+4 connector, on the newer ATX power supplies, work for both the older 20 pin connections and the newer 24 pin connections.  The last four connectors can be "snapped" off, but in your case, you'll want to leave them connected.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Read the frigging manual. It's IMPORTANT.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

sure, i will read the manual.  Oh that right, I have not purchased it yet cause I want to know if it will WORK...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure, i will read the manual.  Oh that right, I have not purchased it yet cause I want to know if it will WORK...

You can go to the company that makes the thing and generally download the manual. IF you've got a name brand one that is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up a ABIT MB  40 dollar rebate on it!!
guess my case PS is only 20 pin- will get an adapeter to make it 24 for now- should be fine since not using SLI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top