Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 6/4/2001 8:33:40 PM EDT
My brother just bought a '67 Mustang and was asking what would happen if you put dextron fluid in a '67 Ford trans? How can you determine a C4 to a C6 trans?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:41:08 PM EDT
I also own a 67 Mustang, a G.T. fastback. I am a Ford senior master technician. The C-4 transmission and also the C-6 use type F fliud, available at all parts outlets, such as NAPA and Bumper to Bumper parts stores.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:44:55 PM EDT
let me clear things up, my brother put dextron fluid in and wonders what might happen. And how can tell if he has a C4 or a C6?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:46:13 PM EDT
The C-4 trans has a square shaped trans pan, and is rather a small transmission compared to a C-6, which has a large pan with a rear corner that is squared off, much bigger trans, and much more rare to find behind a small block.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:49:02 PM EDT
I believe the only small block C6 are behind 351 Clevland.You can tell by the shape of the pan.Do a search on Google and you should come up with some pics.
Top Top