Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 12:19:28 PM EDT
Stopped off at a local bike shop, and sat on one of these.  It seemed to be the most comfortable of the 600’s (Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha) to me.  I have not ridden in years, and was wondering what you (with the GSXR-600 / 2008 model) thought about the bike.  The sell price was 9600, but saw on the Suzuki website that MSRP is 9399.  Is this common practice among motorcycle dealerships?

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife just picked up a Nightster 1200N last week so she could ride with me. They tried the same "doc & crating fee" with her. They eventually dropped the price of the bike to make up for the fee that they "had to charge" to get it back to the negotiated price.

My wife does financing for 3 car lots so she knew all of these things before we even entered the place. If they know you're serious about purchasing the bike they should be able to wiggle a little on the price for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Sport Rider Mag just did a nice compare of the latest crop of 600s.  May want to check that out.  They seemed to prefer the CBR600RR.   All of the models, including the ZX-6R, GSX-R600, Daytona 675, YZF-R6, seem like they'd be fun track bikes.   Try the 'Busa for the street.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Stopped off at a local bike shop, and sat on one of these.  It seemed to be the most comfortable of the 600’s (Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha) to me.  I have not ridden in years, and was wondering what you (with the GSXR-600 / 2008 model) thought about the bike.  

Thanks,
D

I guess it all depends on what you intend to use it for.

Different motorcyles have different purposes.  For example, a phillips screwdriver is great for using on phillips screws, but it would be kind of useless on a nail.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stopped off at a local bike shop, and sat on one of these.  It seemed to be the most comfortable of the 600’s (Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha) to me.  I have not ridden in years, and was wondering what you (with the GSXR-600 / 2008 model) thought about the bike.  

Thanks,
D

Different motorcyles have different purposes.  For example, a phillips screwdriver is great for using on phillips screws, but it would be kind of useless on a nail.
looks to like the OP wants to purchase/ride a 600cc sportbike and wishes to find out what arfcom thinks of the bike
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
D

looks to like the OP wants to purchase/ride a 600cc sportbike and wishes to find out what arfcom thinks of the bike

The shift linkage on the 2008 GSXR600 flips to convert to an inverted shift pattern with no special parts, and it has a slipper clutch to assist on corner entry, but the fork only has adjustments for preload, rebound, and low-speed compression (no high-speed compression adjustment).

Suzuki's contingency payment plan is better than that of the other manufacturers, but since we're already half way through the '08 racing season, you would need to keep in mind that the bike will only be eligible for contingency payment(s) for about another year and a half.

Suzuki does offer the Suzuki Cup, which no other manufacturer offers.

Both programs are only available to expert-licensed road racers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
i rode my friend's '01(?) 600 and i must say, i was somewhat dissapointed.  it was alright, but also just kind of... um... bland.  my other friend's '03 750 on the other hand  but then again i'm not a huge 600 fan.  also have you tried looking for used on like craigslist.  you can always find one that is a few years old with less than 5000 miles on it for about $4-5000
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the feedback guys; there are a few other dealers around here, I plan on checking them out as well.
Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out the Triumph 675.  If it's not your first bike it's a nice bike to commute on.

I use a GSX-R600 as a daily driver.  I've gone +2 in the rear and don't find it lacking for city driving needs.

Triumph dealerships usually allow test drives too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Most jap bikes there is not the amount holdbacks and incentives and whatever like there is with cars
MSRP on a hot bike is a OK deal as good as it gets most times
You can sometimes get 10-20% off MSRP on something they want to get rid of or something that might actually have a incentive ( I can almost guarantee there is no incentive on current year sport bikes )
as you saw the least amount of resistance can negotiate away the fright and set up fees
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top