Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be a good flick, at least its not a remake. If you can look past that its not Mad Mel you will probably enjoy the movie.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
No Mel=No Mad Max.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Doing Mad Max without Mel is complete and utter FAIL.

Call it Fail Road.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm the Nightrider!

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm the Nightrider!  

So it's a post apocalypse zombie movie?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The whole idea of a post apocalyptic Australian scenario had some appeal back when the US and the Soviets were toe-to-toe in the cold war.  Now, with the notion that we just may collapse the whole world through greed, stupidity, and the notion that the clamoring non-productive masses must be appeased, make it decidedly less appealing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The whole idea of a post apocalyptic Australian scenario had some appeal back when the US and the Soviets were toe-to-toe in the cold war. Now, with the notion that we just may collapse the whole world through greed, stupidity, and the notion that the clamoring non-productive masses must be appeased, make it decidedly less appealing.

Prolly gonna be a post-Global Warming Apocalypse scenario. Fucking lame.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to mention that Charlize Theron already has a history of trashing good concepts - i.e. the horrible Aeon Flux live action abortion she starred in.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No Mel=No Mad Max.

My first thought.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Why bother with a post-conversion to 3D?

Skip that bullshit altogether. 3D is for little kids.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Theaters like it for the high ticket prices.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Amen.  3D sucks.

I've seen several films in 3D on the big screen.  Only Avatar was worth the extra 60% on the ticket price.

I am very skeptical about 3D movies.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#13]
They should just do Beyond Max , and do a story about that group that fled with the gas in 'Road Warrior' .

Skip Mel , skip 3-D , skip the big ticket actors . . . no zombies , no werewolves , no vampires   . . . . just a decent , semi-believable story about the group's post - Armageddon survival
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They should just do Beyond Max , and do a story about that group that fled with the gas in 'Road Warrior' .

Skip Mel , skip 3-D , skip the big ticket actors . . . no zombies , no werewolves , no vampires   . . . . just a decent , semi-believable story about the group's post - Armageddon survival
]]

Now that would be a movie worth seeing.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

]]

Still needs to have Bruce Spence in it, however.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
That movie is a Rat Rod/Redneck wet dream...

Yes, that's a Mercedez Benz Limo body on a US Army M931A1 chassis.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

]]

http://www.thevampirelestat.net/cast_spence_main.jpg

Yup , I agree . . . .and Virginia Hey

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/max-rockatansky-mad-max-fury-road/

The film takes place shortly after the events of Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome, and centers around five women (known as “The Five Wives”) who are on a journey across dry, dusty wastelands and face threats from marauding gangs on the road. As in all the previous movies, Max comes in to save the day. Not many more details are known but once we hear more, we’ll let you know.

Filming is underway in the Republic of Namibia, a country in southern Africa, and features an attractive cast of actors including Tom Hardy, Abbey Lee, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Zoë Kravitz and Adelaide Clemens.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
There has been too many remakes, too many re-boots......

.........just walk away.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

]]

http://www.thevampirelestat.net/cast_spence_main.jpg

Yup , I agree . . . .and Virginia Hey

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/ultramagbrion/vh.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/ultramagbrion/MV5BMjE4MTE3OTIxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg

It would have to be her twin sister since she got shot full of arrows and pulled off a speeding tanker truck.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

.........just walk away.

Quoted:

It would have to be her twin sister since she got shot full of arrows and pulled off a speeding tanker truck.

That's right <forehead slap> I forgot .

Damn , I cant remember the last time I watched Road Warrior
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#23]
The links showed pics of Charlize Theron and her newly adopted black baby.

What the fuck is up with hot white actresses adopting black African kids.  Hey I'm going to go to Africa
and pick me up a black kid.  I guess they're cheaper there.  As for the movie I'm sure it will suck ass
like most hollyweird remakes.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interceptor

That's a thing of beauty

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#27]
The movie needs Mel, and he needs to fight off gangs of greedy money grubbing people with hooked noses wearing tallits and yarmulkes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What the fuck is up with hot white actresses adopting black African kids.  Hey I'm going to go to Africa
and pick me up a black kid.  I guess they're cheaper there.  As for the movie I'm sure it will suck ass

It's the 21st century and you can still buy an African.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um Charlize is also African bru.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#30]
back when it was going to be made 10 years ago or so I was looking forward to it as Mel was still going to be in it
but then there was some shit about not bein g able to film in africa due to the war

I'm leaning no mel no max, but I just saw that tom hardy will be max and he's decent now that I've seen him in stuff other than ST Nemesis
plus charlize theron
so maybe it won't destroy my love of the originals
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

.........just walk away.

Leave your plots. Leave your character development. And just walk away...

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Is it just me or does the huffer on that thing look plastic?

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That still doesn't change the fact that she is a hot white actress that adopted a black baby, and no one suggested she wasn't South African.
It's a hollyweird trendy thing to do to adopt black African kids.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

at least in her case it's an African adopting an African
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Interceptor

Probably is . The one in the movie was hollow
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

She's an American citizen, so she's African American.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably is . The one in the movie was hollow

That makes my inner gear-head wanna cry...

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's an American citizen, so she's African American.

*Drool*

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm aware of that. FYI, she became a U.S. citizen in 2007.
And she wouldn't be the first African to own another African.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

thats what I have wanted since the Road Warrior

Max stayed behind and bruse spence became leader and in time the feral kid became the leader,they should have followed this path also no Mel no Max
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I would rather see Mad Max: Furry Road.  

Change it up a little.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would rather see Mad Max: Furry Road.  

Change it up a little.

Alright. Look, we are funny creative people. There are two excellent concepts in this thread that I would readily green light.
One is the angry Jew hating Mel Gibson battling a nomadic band of punk rock hasidim scooter trash and the other is this one.
He already had to wear that big head in Thunderdome so a fur suit wouldn't be a stretch for him.

Whatever happens, Charlize Theron is naked for most of the picture.
It doesn't matter if she plays a furry or a Jewess, her contract says she's naked 90% of her screen time.
And we ice her nipples, there's a sub-clause about that on page twelve of her contract.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No Mel=No Mad Max.

I'll wait for the reviews, the cars do look bad ass. Maybe they'll be able to pull off something worth seeing, maybe.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I expect epic fail and gehness of the once great movie/story

ETA-remake, redo, recycle other peoples and previous ideas and successes...

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No Mel=No Mad Max.

Yep, if they are going to change up the characters, then do a complete recreation like Batman.  Make it a start over, not a sequel.  It might actually be good then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top