Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2011 3:54:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the other ladies here, but when I buy a top like that I do so knowing full well that it might draw some glances or stares.  If I didn't want that kind of attention, there are plenty of attractive tops out there that don't show cleavage.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^ What she said.

When I buy tops like that, I wear them knowing that I have cleavage showing. If I choose to wear a top like that to work, I make sure it is work appropriate before leaving the house.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Like stated above - we know that a blouse is low cut.  

I don't buy them myself, but I can pick up a shirt never take it off the rack and know if it is going to be too low for me.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks - that's what I figured.

Another question: Are you offended by the commercial? The reason I ask is that as a guy, it appears to portray women as, well, stupid. "Gosh - my coworker is staring at my boobs? I'm offended. How dare he! I never figured that anyone would stare down my cleavage!"
I think the idea of it is utterly stupid, don't know if I would specifically say offended though.

I think that if someone wears something like that out in public they are asking for guys to look at their boobs/them and shouldn't complain because a guy they didn't want looking at them was, in fact doing what they initially wanted men to do in the first place.  If you want a certain to look then wear it in private with him.  

Men will look at boobs if they get the chance, if you don't like it or don't want it to happen to you don't wear lowcut/super tight tops.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm watching "Mr. Majestyk" on some movie channel, and they run this commercial for a product called "Cami Secret". It's apparently this "apron" you clip on your bra to make revealing shirts not so revealing:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSonwEL81uTcQ6jkOsy68E2nyrE1H-4R7J7Qh7pozKmqAbLdRFf

Ostensibly, it's to avoid situations like this in the office:

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cami_secret_office.jpg

So you ladies riddle me this: Why would someone buy a top like that, wear it to the office, and only THEN become aware of the fact that she's showing too much cleavage and men are ogling her?

I guessing sales with H.R. (Human Resources) managers are disproportionately high.  
Re:  dress code enforcement...
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
cleavage rulz
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cleavage rulz

An informal survey of women's apparel in public shows that virtually EVERY SINGLE TOP worn by women is a V-neck or some other shape that exposes cleavage. You may be onto something.

Negatory, general.

I hardly wear cleavage inducing tops. When I do, I mean to wear tops like that.

I don't think the commercial is offending at all. I understand that it is a sales pitch, and I treat it as such.

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
cleavage rulz

couldnt agree more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 3:12:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
cleavage rulz

Some of us will never know.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Some of us hardly notice cleavage, having set our sights somewhat lower.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I view the commercial the same as any other ronco type gimmick looking for tv watching suckers.  (was going to say boob tube but decided against it)

That said, I like the femine assets and have what I think of as good skills in not staring at them but still see them without being an ass.  I like am all, from near A on up.  I'm not prejudiced.

ETA-  oops, I was in Active topics and didn't realize I was in the WF.  content not edited.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a large wardrobe. Most of it is too cleavage-y for work. As a result, most of my clothing sits in a closet and gathers dust. something like that might actually be nice. It's not a permanent alteration, but it would allow me to wear my favorite clothes.

There is a time and place to wear something revealing. It's called date night, or girl's night out, or shopping trip... not work. I don't buy something scandalous and think, "Gosh, I'm gonna wear that to work."

Besides, I could have cleavage in a turtleneck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Thought that commercial was lacking in subtlety.

Link Posted: 1/4/2011 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An informal survey of women's apparel in public shows that virtually EVERY SINGLE TOP worn by women is a V-neck or some other shape that exposes cleavage. You may be onto something.

Negatory, general.

I hardly wear cleavage inducing tops. When I do, I mean to wear tops like that.

I don't think the commercial is offending at all. I understand that it is a sales pitch, and I treat it as such.

That's MARSHAL to you, soldier.

I wasn't specific - not every top is LOW cut to expose maximum cleavage, but it seems like most women's tops have at least a modest "V" neck - there's something that accentuates the fact that women have cleavage. Plain-neck shirts seem to be very uncommon.

It was captain. Be glad I gave you a promotion.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
cleavage rulz

yes it does
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Thought that commercial was lacking in subtlety.

agreed, the commercial as it is is completely retarded. A better commercial would be:

1) better video camera

2) Girl gets off of work and doesn't have time to make it home to change before heading out with her girlfriends. She hops in her car, checks her lipstick, and pulls the "cami secret" out of her shirt. With that, she's no longer wearing something frumpy and is ready to meet up with the ladies.

a commercial like that would appeal to a much more interested demographic. I actually think I might get some of these, despite their terrible advertising...
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#21]
The fact that that I had to watch the commercial multiple times before I reached that conclusion says something...

Think you could write TV ads, XCR?

Link Posted: 1/5/2011 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#22]
heh, I enjoy good advertising. Geico gets me. It seems like most commercials these days are idiotic and completely miss their demographics. I'd be lying if I said it's a career that didn't interest me.. however, I need to do something that gives back and makes me feel good. I don't think advertising is for me, ultimately.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This thread is now about XCR making advertisements about her cleavage.  

You wish
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#25]

I just recently became aware that men, being taller, see more of my cleavage than I do when I look in a mirror.

I have a very modest wardrobe, so it's really not an issue. I just bought 2 cleavage blouses because I realized that I can actually get away with showing some cleavage.

Those clip on dickie things make sense. I would just wear a cami, but it would be practical to go from work to going out with just a couple clips being undone.

Stinkymonkey mentioned wanting to get some for the range as brass-in-the-cleavage preventers. As it is, he'll just lend women a shop shirt to cover up with.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#26]
This is how we really feel about it:
Cami Secret Parody (Boob Apron)

Boner killing tit-kerchief owns page two.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wish

with a name like Boobs Mongler she doesn't have to advertise
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 5:13:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I just recently became aware that men, being taller, see more of my cleavage than I do when I look in a mirror.

Who spilled the beans?  Man Law has been broken!
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It still kills me every time I see that commercial.

The woman pulls the top out and shakes her head. "Oh gosh. It shows too much cleavage. I can't wear this!"

WTF?

YOU.
FUCKING.
BOUGHT.
IT!

Did the fabric just disappear since you brought it home from the store? You had no idea that men would stare at your cleavage when you decided to put that on this morning before going to work? Congratulations - you make women look like a bunch of dipshits!

Sorry for the rant.

I've got to defend her. Sometimes you pull out stuff you bought when you were younger. Sometimes your work blouses are dirty and you need to get one of your weekend blouses to look "decent". Sometimes you buy an outfit while feeling temporarily "sexy" and think better of it when you get home. I know my girlfriends try to talk me into skimpier clothes than I want to wear.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It still kills me every time I see that commercial.

The woman pulls the top out and shakes her head. "Oh gosh. It shows too much cleavage. I can't wear this!"

WTF?

YOU.
FUCKING.
BOUGHT.
IT!

Did the fabric just disappear since you brought it home from the store? You had no idea that men would stare at your cleavage when you decided to put that on this morning before going to work? Congratulations - you make women look like a bunch of dipshits!

Sorry for the rant.

I've got to defend her. Sometimes you pull out stuff you bought when you were younger. Sometimes your work blouses are dirty and you need to get one of your weekend blouses to look "decent". Sometimes you buy an outfit while feeling temporarily "sexy" and think better of it when you get home. I know my girlfriends try to talk me into skimpier clothes than I want to wear.

This is true. Sometimes I can try on things in the store, and they don't look the same way when I get them home. Who can really see what they look like in dressing room mirrors, anyway?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The fact that that I had to watch the commercial multiple times before I reached that conclusion says something...

Think you could write TV ads, XCR?

Our XCR is amazing at many things.  She's my WonderWoman!

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is how we really feel about it:
Cami Secret Parody (Boob Apron)

Boner killing tit-kerchief owns page two.

"now you support slavery"

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW: My wife and I were walking through the outlet mall and stopped ina  store selling intimates. They actually sold a bra that had a sort of "Cami Secret" thing going on. You could wear it with a low-cut shirt and it would look like you were wearing a camisole underneath. We thought it was funny...

I think we should crusade against these things.  Women should never seek to deny us their cleavage!

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  I suggest we call this organization  Don't Cover Up Puppies, or D.C.U.P. for short.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  I suggest we call this organization  Don't Cover Up Puppies, or D.C.U.P. for short.

for some reason Don't Dare Cover Up Puppies... D.D.C.U.P sound nice to me...

and XCR... as sum1 has stated " this is arfcom your stories are pointless without pics "

"Besides, I could have cleavage in a turtleneck."

sorry our Queen... i had to try and make a valid point...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wish

My Son makes TV commercials for a living,  if You change Your mind. I told Him I'm always willing to lend a hand on the "set" if need be

The Ol' Crew Chief
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top