Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2001 5:05:09 AM EDT
Anybody know where to get decent 96 Chevy Lumina car parts?  The hood is munched.  Backed into it this morning-looks to be the only damage.  Unfortunatley, my truck sits up so high it smushed the hood back.  Is there any reputiable place that paints thes parts and ships em?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
OOPS
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
anybody got a mini gun i can borrow to put this car out of my misery...
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I hit a deer with my 1987 dodge van a few years back and had to replace the grill, headlight rim, hood, and I think bumper. Since it was old and I had to come up with the bucks, I went to my NAPPA dealer and he ordered foreign parts for me real cheap. Everything matched and the holes were in the right places. Saved over half If my memory serves me correctly.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
That reminds me of something funny!  A couple of years ago my wife got up to go to school, and I had parked 40 feet behind her at the end of the driveway.  As per SOP she starts the car puts it in R and proceeds to accelerate to warp 4.  Next thing I know she's at the door bawling her eyes out, I ask what's wrong, and she proceeds to eat my ass, up one side and down the other because I caused her to back into my truck!  Pissed me off good at the time, now it's just one of those funny memories, I still remind her of the incident from time to time.[:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#7]
CIB - Sounds like our wives went to the same driving school.  Bought a new car in 1994.  It was 2 weeks old and she drove it over to her mother's house.  In leaving, she backed all the way down the side of her mother's new 1995 that was less than a week old.  Never understood, why she had to scrap from stem to stern, unless she was backing beyond the speed of light!![BD]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That reminds me of something funny!  A couple of years ago my wife got up to go to school, and I had parked 40 feet behind her at the end of the driveway.  As per SOP she starts the car puts it in R and proceeds to accelerate to warp 4.  Next thing I know she's at the door bawling her eyes out, I ask what's wrong, and she proceeds to eat my ass, up one side and down the other because I caused her to back into my truck!  Pissed me off good at the time, now it's just one of those funny memories, I still remind her of the incident from time to time.[:)]
View Quote

Well, if you hadn't parked your vehicle there, she wouldn't have hit it. [:P][rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
a few months ago i was trying to get out of a gas station. people wouldn't let me out so i decided to back out and try a different exit. while i was waiting at the first exit a little honda car pulled behind me. i have a bronco2 with a four inch lift,well i did not see the little car and backed right  over the hood. i pulled off the poor little car and laughed. i didnt get a scratch but his car had a couple thousand dollars damage.insurance fought for a couple days but mine ended up paying [sex]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]
7 she said those exact same words, except it was all broken up by severe hitching of the breath as she tried to stop crying.  I never caught most of the ass eating because of it.  We live in a different house now, and I'll tell you one thing the damn cats scatter when that car starts up.  I don't know how many times I've cringed as cats loungeing in the sun, in the drive barely escape.  I mean to this day she won't look back when she leaves the drive!  I could understand if she was drunk or something, but she does'nt drink!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
RUN!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hit a deer with my 1987 dodge van a few years back and had to replace the grill, headlight rim, hood, and I think bumper. Since it was old and I had to come up with the bucks, I went to my NAPPA dealer and he ordered foreign parts for me real cheap. Everything matched and the holes were in the right places. Saved over half If my memory serves me correctly.
View Quote

I believe you mean, NAPA, right???

The autoparts store?? I work in a Napa!  :)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
My Dad backed out of his drive a while back and backed into a Mustang that was parked in the road. He was driving a large van and the Mustang was below the line of sight. He can't see anything so he continued to gun the engine but the van would barely move. Finally, he told me to get out and check it out. I then informed him he had hit a car and that was why it wasn't moving. My mom hasn't let him ever live it down. In the end, his insurance paid, but he got out of the ticket becuase the other vehicle was illegaly parked in the middle of the road.

Oh, and gunning the engine doesn't help when you are pushing against another vehicle. It only does alot more damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top