Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 1:57:35 PM EDT
   I found a link on the web to Carolyn McCarthy's office and even though I am not in her district I decided to send a message to her office voicing my opinion (professionally!)
   I figure she is a rep in the congress and I should be able to voice an opinion as an American to the legislation she wants/did introduce. I am asking all of you to join in on the fight and send an e-mail with whatever facts you can give or opinions (be nice!) and maybe we can overwelm her with responses against this evil legislation.
   The link asks for your city and fills in her state and zip, I put my city on the extra line provided and again on the city line (this is the line it will fill in the St and zip. It won't let you continue unless you enter a city!)

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/index.cfm?SectionID=25&ParentID=0&SectionTree=25&SectionTypeID=6

Hopefully the link works otherwise enter it manually or someone with more computer knowledge can repost the link.

Thanks everyone, you have your mission - get going!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Carolyn McCarthy's mind is already made up.  It has been for the last 10+ years.
You're wasting time if you think you're going to change her course by one degree.
After all, gun control is her thing.
A complete waste of postage.

You'd do better communicating with people who aren't 100% invested in this issue, with the hope that you (and others) would tilt the scales in our favor.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
 I may be wasting my time, but I feel better getting my voice heard and my opinion out there. Certainly worth a few minutes of my time and e-mail is free!
 While I was typing the message, my 4yr old daughter came over to the computer and asked, "Who is the lady in the red dress?" I said "She is the devil and she is evil." (Probably shouldn't have said that but I was a little mad about the issue) I asked my daughter "Do you know what she wants to do?" I said "She wants to take away your pink gun." My daughter looked suprised and asked "Why, what did I do wrong? We should call the police on her."

ETA: I have already contacted my local reps also.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF is the point of that?

You'll have better luck coverting Osama Bin Laden into a Jew.

Her family was mowed down by some psychopath. She wants payback because in her low-IQ brain it was the gun's fault. END of story.

Want to get rid of her? We'll have to fund an opponent democrat or republican in her district to oust her.

The reality is, she's not a major threat. What's the difference who submits the bills? If she didn't feinstein would (and does) as does Schumer and the usual bunch. In the House, there's even more rabidly leftwing gun hating thugs than anything there is in the Senate. Believe it or not, the Senate, even with people like Teddy Kennedy still have to appeal to a whole state. Some of those House districts are so overwhemlingly anti-gun leftwing they produce complete Communist Reps.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Politicians who are 100% anti-gun need to here from us also. Their job is politics and they do not want to be "fired" anymore than Mr Zumbo. Many of them will remember what happened after the '94 ban and be aware of what recently happened to Mr Zumbo. It may not change their beliefs, but may change their vote.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Carolyn McCarthy's mind is already made up.  It has been for the last 10+ years.
You're wasting time if you think you're going to change her course by one degree.
After all, gun control is her thing.
A complete waste of postage.

You'd do better communicating with people who aren't 100% invested in this issue, with the hope that you (and others) would tilt the scales in our favor.

+1

She is a Gun Control Nazi, she does not care.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
What a fuckin joke she is. Under "on the issues" all her gun control bullshit is labeled GUN SAFETY.  I had sympathy for her for about all of 5 minutes. That's it. I understand all she wants is for all of us to be as totally helpless and defensless as her husband and everyone else on the train when that asshole opened fire. NO FUCKING WAY...Hog
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
You could have every single person in America write and tell her they disagree with the bill and it would make NO difference.

She's a one-track zealot that isn't interested in reality or facts or logic.  She was voted into office on the dead bodies of her family, much like Fineswine did with Milk and Moscone.

Total waste of time trying to reason with someone like this.  They are RIGHT, you are WRONG and nothing in the 'Verse will even begin to alter their minds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top