Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2005 7:50:21 PM EDT
So im sittin at my desk burning dvds the other night when I get a knock at the door of my apartment. Im thinking its my buddy who usually comes to bother me so I get up and look out the peep hole as usual. Its some black guy with a baby. I figure I was to loud getting up to not answer so I open the door and he asks me if he can use my phone. I hesitate but let him(Im pretty sure he lives downstairs or something)and tell him he can step into my kitchen(its all one big room so I can see him)and let him call. He pretty much asks his lady friend if she is coming over and thats it. Hes done and thanks me and heads back downstairs. No big deal but I think it was stupid that what he had to say couldnt wait. So anyways fast forward to tonight. Same shit happens. He knocks on the door baby in arm and this time I think before I act and quietly get up and look out to make sure its not my g/f with her arms full of groceries or something. Nope its him. I just said fuck it and didnt answer. My tv was loud and he knew I was home but what the fuck. I can see doing a favor but to do it again a few days later. I pay for my phone bill and some broke ass should too.

My little rant but I cant believe people sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You just got cased.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
no good deed will go unpunished.  

until the end.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You just got cased.

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Do things more than once as a favor, it then becomes a perceived entitlement.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You just got cased.

strangely, that sounds very possible
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You just got cased.

cased? Over my head
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You just got cased.

cased? Over my head

Your place has had a good lookin over to see if it is worth comming back too...Cased.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Good decision not to answer the second time.   If he thinks you are NOT home, be prepared.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

until the end.  

Capitalize your sentences!

Your sentence fragment offends me.  Use and elipsis if you intend to imply a continuation of the previous sentence.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You just got cased.

Wow!  That thought never occured to me.  Thanks ARFCOM!  I had a crack ho coming to my door asking for rides here and there.  Wanted to sell me the shoes and dress she was wearing.  SHe eventually asked if she could smoke it up in my house.  HECK NO!  It just goes to show that you can't be nice to that sort, they always come back for more.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You just got cased.

cased? Over my head

Cased, as in he was checking to see what he could releive you of when you are not home.

Releive, as in steal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
He was checking out your place for a robbery.

Im pretty picky about people I let in the house. I almost sent my dogs after Jehovahs witnesses on my porch one day.
There are people I know that I wont let in. My one neighbor could burn to death in my yard before I would open the door for him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
If you dont have a safe or somthing to store your valueables in, you better find one.  When you leave your apartment your gonna get burglarized.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You just got cased.

cased? Over my head

Checking the area to see if it should be robbed or not.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Your sentence fragment offends me.  Use and elipsis if you intend to imply a continuation of the previous sentence.

Thank you.

gO JUMP IN A LAKE...

lET US KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT....
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Classic cased. Get a good friend to watch the place for the afternoon while you buy a safe or move important stuff to the good friend's house.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

Okay, who's troll account is this?

SBG
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

Ahem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
The thought of getting "cased" crossed my mind as soon as he left. I have alot of stuff laying around(no guns they are all locked up) but electronics and such. hopefully he was just a big dumb animal and wouldnt do anything stupid but I warned my g/f not to answer the door under any circumstances.

but really a decent neighborhood as far as that goes and people all watch out for each other. My neighbors got my back so not real worried. We have like 5 black people in south dakota so wouldnt be hard to find him

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

Cool, another classic in the making.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#23]
show him your gun collection next time he comes in, and tell him you always got a firearm on you....maybe he will leave you alone for a bit....helps to come off as a complete nut job.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I assume by now you know which apartment he stays in right? Could come in handy.

Lets say just for the sake of argument he just needs to use the phone. Next time he comes to the door answere in a gimp outfit and be mostly naked. Guarentee he will find another phone. There is a .9% chance you could create a bigger problem though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The thought of getting "cased" crossed my mind as soon as he left. I have alot of stuff laying around(no guns they are all locked up) but electronics and such. hopefully he was just a big dumb animal and wouldnt do anything stupid but I warned my g/f not to answer the door under any circumstances.

but really a decent neighborhood as far as that goes and people all watch out for each other. My neighbors got my back so not real worried. We have like 5 black people in south dakota so wouldnt be hard to find him

Your neighbors got your back? Yeah... uh huh...
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Thank you.

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wow, you guys are really laid back out there.  

I's have an extra dead bolt or two on the door by now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#28]
but if I did get cased why would he come back over to use the phone again. I think he just doesnt have a phone and hopefully Im right. I could hear the chick on the other end and the whole conversation made sense. I also saved the # incase something would happen
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You just got cased.

Yep, I'm now waiting for the ownage post! " I got robbed tonight!"
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Your sentence fragment offends me.  Use and ellipsis if you intend to imply a continuation of the previous sentence.

Thank you.

Fixed it for you.

1911fan, the Grammar_Fascist's Grammar Fascist!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I thought there was six?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
but if I did get cased why would he come back over to use the phone again.

To get a better look around.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

Ahem.

Ahem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would too if managment didnt care. Im a lock freak

My neighbor has been here since I moved in and is a good ol country boy that duck hunts and often walks around with an uncased shotgun from his truck to the apt. He is a good guy and is around often. My neighbors accross from me are computer nerds that I have gamed it up with a few times playing halo. They know me I know them and they all know the people below us and what they look like.

Should I just lay back again if he comes back or answer and say this isnt a charity or answer in the nude with a strap on...................holster
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

gO FUCK YOUR. SELF   I didn't fucking feel like it.  its fucking finals week, I don't give a damn.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but if I did get cased why would he come back over to use the phone again.

To get a better look around.

Or to see if you are home or not.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Forgot to mention that originally I gave him the phone in the hallway but then invited him in so I wouldnt loose my phone so originally he didnt even want in. Guess its the small town in me to be kind
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Forgot to mention that originally I gave him the phone in the hallway but then invited him in so I wouldnt loose my phone so originally he didnt even want in. Guess its the small town in me to be kind

The rest of us could be wrong.  But then again I am just, paranoid....err....suspicious....err...fearfull....err...mistrustful...errr...worried....ahhh...careful...

Anyway, off to practice some dry fires and speed loads...

G'night all.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#40]
I doubt he would have came back more than once if he was casing you.  More likely he is making drug related calls from your phone.  He is probably suspiscious that the "fuzz" is on to him so he uses neighboring phones instead of his own.  Ask a few neighbors, I would not be suprised if they have similar experiences with him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I assume you gave him a cordless phone? Why would he steal it? It is kind of useless without the base station.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

My neighbor has been here since I moved in and is a good ol country boy that duck hunts and often walks around with an uncased shotgun from his truck to the apt. He is a good guy and is around often. My neighbors accross from me are computer nerds that I have gamed it up with a few times playing halo. They know me I know them and they all know the people below us and what they look like.

Should I just lay back again if he comes back or answer and say this isnt a charity or answer in the nude with a strap on...................holster

Just don't answer the door, period! I don't give a shit if he knows you're there or not. If you ring my door bell and I look out the window, even if you see me look out the window, and I don't know you. Please, you can wait there all day long for all I care. If I don't know you and I'm not expecting you, I owe you nothing. Not even the time it takes to tell you I'm not interested! I had a couple of mormon guys walk up my driveway while I was changing my oil this summer. I politely told them I was not interested in becoming mormon and to have a nice day. But that wasn't good enough for them they proceeded to hang around and try to talk to me. So I was polite for the first five minutes, untill I realized they weren't leaving. So I just ignored them. They still kept trying to talk to me even though it is obvious I'm now ignoring them. I finished with my oil change and pulled my vehicle in the garage. When I opened my door to get out of the Jeep, they start to walk into my garage. I asked them to step back because I was about to close the door. They did and I closed the door and went inside. I was rolling with laughter, 'cause these two morons stood in the driveway for about 5 more minutes. I guess they thought I was going to come back out.

Well, I guess I do have an exception. The nieghbor kids on MY street. I'll answer the door for them. It's nice to have candy, cookies, wrapping paper, etc. delivered to my door. Earlier this week I let one shovel my driveway, 10 inches of snow for 15 dollars! Not a bad deal.      
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Yup, for some reason apartments equal "community phone."

Back in my apartment days the loser bitch downstairs sent her little girl up to ask if her mommy could use my phone. I told the little girl to tell her mommy I left a payphone they could use down the street at the gas station.

People would also ask if they could borrow all kinds of food. I used to tell them I left a whole bunch for them at the store.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like South Dakota hasn't changed much since I went to college there in the early 80's  At that time, lock were used primarily to keep out practical jokers. I don't think anyone off campus locked their doors on a regular basis People did watch out for each other, even if it only meant being a good withness.  Where do you live in SD?

Yeah, the number of black permanent residents was small then too. I think Sioux Falls had five black families, amounting to about 15-20 black residents. If you added in the college students, there was probaby 50 blacks living in town. The overall makeup of the town was something like 98% white, 1.9% American Indian, and .1% other.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Your sentence fragment offends me.  Use and ellipsis if you intend to imply a continuation of the previous sentence.

Thank you.

LMAO.

ETA: dam beat me to it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#46]
OR,

He may have come the first time to really use the phone, then thought 'damn, this guys got alot of nice shit' and came the 2nd time to get a better look.

AND, although I wouldnt be affaid to show him the gun I'm carrying, I WOULDNT show him my "gun collection" for sure.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the end.  

Thank you.

Yore lak uf speling skilz off-ends mee  

Try again, ya wannabe  

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Im in Sioux Falls

The phone was my cell phone and only phone I own

I also noticed he kind of kept his back to the wall as to not be nosy and look around although Im sure he caught a glimpse. Had my g/f been home I would have not let him in.

The apartments are off campus and just regular apartments. Nothing high end or anything but controlled access and security. I think he picked my place to ask because they live below me and can hear me moving. I dont plan on letting anyone in again white or black unless I know its one of my neighbors or friends.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't answer the door, period! I don't give a shit if he knows you're there or not. If you ring my door bell and I look out the window, even if you see me look out the window, and I don't know you. Please, you can wait there all day long for all I care. If I don't know you and I'm not expecting you, I owe you nothing. Not even the time it takes to tell you I'm not interested! I had a couple of mormon guys walk up my driveway while I was changing my oil this summer. I politely told them I was not interested in becoming mormon and to have a nice day. But that wasn't good enough for them they proceeded to hang around and try to talk to me. So I was polite for the first five minutes, untill I realized they weren't leaving. So I just ignored them. They still kept trying to talk to me even though it is obvious I'm now ignoring them. I finished with my oil change and pulled my vehicle in the garage. When I opened my door to get out of the Jeep, they start to walk into my garage. I asked them to step back because I was about to close the door. They did and I closed the door and went inside. I was rolling with laughter, 'cause these two morons stood in the driveway for about 5 more minutes. I guess they thought I was going to come back out.

Well, I guess I do have an exception. The nieghbor kids on MY street. I'll answer the door for them. It's nice to have candy, cookies, wrapping paper, etc. delivered to my door. Earlier this week I let one shovel my driveway, 10 inches of snow for 15 dollars! Not a bad deal.      

Should have asked them to help with changing the oil . . . sometimes they will.  If they are clueless, they got what they deserve.  More likely they are starved for conversation . . . it gets boring going around to houses with no one home for hours on end.  But they should have been on the ball and gotten on with things . . . tell them your Mormon friend says that they should get moving and quit trying to slough off.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By Grammar_Fascist:

Worst...gimmick...ever...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top