Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2004 4:13:30 AM EDT
It's been at least 5 days now.
Not looking good for those (several) thousand missing Americans.
Network and cable news doesn't seem to wanna dwell on the (several) thousand missing Americans.
I'm not morbid but it seems that (several) thousand missing americans would be the top story and at least the first two full minutes of any newscast.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Went from 12
to several thousand ..........

maybe it is all bullshit ???
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
There is one more wall st trading day.
maybe the news corporations dont want to damper the year end rally.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I call

With the coverage this is getting, it would be incredibly difficult to bury (no pun intented) a fact like that.

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#4]
You won't get anyone caring about 2-3,000 missing Americans……

Last night the popular view on this board seemed to be that the people killed in the Tsunami was down to 'Gods Population Control' … 'Gods Punishment'… or "serves them right for being in a Third World Shithole"
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:28:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Last night the popular view on this board seemed to be that the people killed in the Tsunami was down to 'Gods Population Control' … 'Gods Punishment'… or "serves them right for being in a Third World Shithole"

Vitto

If I went to Africa -- to say take a  pics safari

went on a walk -- got gored by a  buff

died because there were  no really good  medical facilities .....................

whose fault would that be ???

Vacationing  in a third world country is  ---- risk taking, risk takers , sometime have to pay up.

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Most news stations have been saying 12 Americans confirmed dead with thousands still missing.

Anyone one the beach or in a hotel by the beach in most of those countries is gone.  And that is where the tourists would be hanging out.

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#7]
If you went on Holiday to the SF Bay area and the 'Big One' let rip and killed you and a few hundred thousand  Cali residents… would that be your fault to?

ANdy
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you went on Holiday to the SF Bay area and the 'Big One' let rip and killed you and a few hundred thousand  Cali residents… would that be your fault to?

ANdy

Of course, given his brand of "logic."
Actually, according to Cy's twisted version of reality, ANYTHING that happens to you is your fault.  Except when it's President Bush's fault.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ANdy

It would be my responsibility for having been there.

My fault ? ---------- no just my responsibility .

I take responsibility for my actions ............. and do not want or accept pity for having done so.

I  believe in the golden rule ----- do unto others .......................
Have a good year Andy
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I  believe in the golden rule ----- do unto others .......................
Have a good year Andy

Thanks Cyanide…

You too!

ANdy
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 5:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Went from 12

You really are a pestimist you know that?

Life doesn't always suck.....

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ANdy

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#15]
It may shock some from the board, but there are probably more Americans touring the world, than any other single nationality.  It's almost comical to read some of the 'Why were they there?" posts.  From what I can see, it was a very beautiful place...
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

ANdy

It probably wouldn't shock you to hear, but there are those here who actually want CA to be wrecked by the big one.  It's sometimes fun to throw that out when CA does yet another thing badly, but it's hardly serious.  Unfortunately, for some, it IS!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#17]
any updates on these missing americans?

The state dept's website is giving no update either way,
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
any updates on these missing americans?

The state dept's website is giving no update either way,

Yeah it went from 12 to 13

But keep sending them your money --- cause Tammy Faye and Jim Baker have had their day ...
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Went from 12

Sgat1r5

Realist ...................... pragmatic
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Lots of American surfers down in Indo.  Many of them seek out remote locations.  I imagine the death toll will keep climbing.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Went from 12

Sgat1r5

Realist ...................... pragmatic

No, realist you are NOT.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#22]
We Americans don't go "on holiday".
We take a vacation.
We also stand in line, not in que.

Quoted:

ANdy

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Thousands...

...of Shadow People

or maybe a abducted by the Grays.

mmmmkay?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

ANdy

Sounding awfully DNC when everything in the world, natural or otherwise, has to be someone else's fault.  Shit happens.  If you're there when it goes down...there's no fault, it just is.  The human mind is not usually equipped to handle "it just is" anymore.  Emotions have taken center stage in everything.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Sounding awfully DNC when everything in the world, natural or otherwise, has to be someone else's fault.  Shit happens.  If you're there when it goes down...there's no fault, it just is.  The human mind is not usually equipped to handle "it just is" anymore.  Emotions have taken center stage in everything.

WAY to true. Its not anyones fualt, it simply is.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vitto

died because there were  no really good  medical facilities .....................

Vacationing  in a third world country is  ---- risk taking, risk takers , sometime have to pay up.

Keep flapping your big gums from your ivory tower that provides you safety and security, it really reveals your true colors. I have a feeling if you had a loved one missing right now you wouldn't be running your big fucking mouth the way you are. The fact is the Tsunami was a WORLD disaster, it wasn't just isolated to the area where the wave hit. This disaster is/will be felt world wide for years to come.

If you were ever in a disaster I have a feeling you would be crying like a little bitch hoping someone would send some help your way. You better hope not everyone is an asshole like you if that time ever comes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vitto

Keep flapping your big gums from your ivory tower that provides you safety and security, it really reveals your true colors. I have a feeling if you had a loved one missing right now you wouldn't be running your big fucking mouth the way you are. The fact is the Tsunami was a WORLD disaster, it wasn't just isolated to the area where the wave hit. This disaster is/will be felt world wide for years to come.

If you were ever in a disaster I have a feeling you would be crying like a little bitch hoping someone would send some help your way. You better hope not everyone is an asshole like you if that time ever comes.

BTDT

earth quake 1989 ------ (not sure , ok that was the year so I am sure now) SF

nope your wrong ------------- sorry.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

My philosophy: Shit happens. Adapt, survive, move on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Wow, we have an EST grad in the house!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:31:02 AM EDT
[#30]
The U.S. toll

17 Confirmed dead

20 Presumed dead

1,809 Missing

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The U.S. toll

17 Confirmed dead

20 Presumed dead

1,809 Missing

Source?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Various news outlets quoting figures provided by the folks in charge
www.state.gov/
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Went from 12

Sgat1r5

It probably does if you are him.

I suspect the actual number of US dead is not nearly that high, most of the “missing” are not really missing. While some Americans will go that far for vacation most don’t. The Caribbean and the South Pacific are both are closer to the US than the Indian Ocean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top