Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:58 PM EDT
I love it when these fucking companies lay off thousands and then put out commercials about how they care so much about everybody and their safety. What a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i agree.  what a piece of stink.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that comercial tonight.
What a joke.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
we car about you... as long as we don't ahve to PAY you
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I love it when these fucking companies lay off thousands and then put out commercials about how they care so much about everybody and their safety. What a bunch of crap.

If they cared they'd have made decent cars in the first place in order to stay competititive in the workplace.

They're reaping what they've sown through piss poor management of costs, acceptance of horrendous quality and even piss poorer service.

If I managed my department on the same model, I'd be out of business.

Sadly, it's the workers who'll be taking the brunt of  it up the shitter.

THAT'S the real bunch of crap.

SG
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Ford has a responsiblility to its stockholders as well.

Tell that to the UAW though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Fords quality is not what it once was.

Have a Ford minivan
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck Ford
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wow the third anti-Detroit post in a day.

You missing the California comments?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to say i have a ford with over 150k miles with only oil changes and brake pads.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Glad to say i have a ford with over 150k miles with only oil changes and brake pads.

You should go buy a lotto ticket.

You're a lucky one.

SG
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
saw that commercial tonight as well.

they come up with more gimmikery and useless gadgets to make for a truly mind-numbing driving experience.

lane deviation warning - so i guess that means the driver can pay less attention to the road now and more on eating/reading/putting makeup on/dozing off.  (i know a few import companies have this feature as well)

car-in-your-blind-spot warning - once again, lets dumb ourselves down and forget about the basic skills required to make a lane change and lets throw situational awareness out of the window.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Think they are trying to save their company, by selling more of the cars they produce, advertizing and cutting costs, overpaid union workers with too many bennies.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Think they are trying to save their company, by selling more of the they produce, advertizing and cutting costs, overpaid union workers with too many bennies.  

Too little, too late.

They poorly managed thir production costs of overpriced junk.

Quality was Job 998,756. Not Job 1 as the old Ford slogan went.

That's what's got them in trouble.

SG
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Family has three Ford pick-ups and 2 Expeditions.    Never had problems with any of them in the last ten years of owning them.   We were a GM/Chevy family but the shit GM put out in the 90's was crap.   As you can tell I actually like Fords.   Why their pick-ups are pick-up not POS tin cans like the other car companies.   The 500 series is sweet and the new mustang is an excellent design.    The tarues were a crappy design though.

Every American company is having problems with their bottom line these days.  The dollar is not what it use to be.   Health care and insurance cost for an employ are through the roof.   This year our company came to us and said here are the numbers.  You want health insurance get it yourself or pay the increase.   If not someone is going to have to exit stage right.   Dealing with a union we want more....

Then there is the retirement plan.   Use to be pension plans, then went to 401ks, now your ass is on your own, for most people.    So if your a company that has a union contact and still has pensions, they are in big trouble trying to compete next to a company from somewhere else whos country has universal health care and a retirement plan.

Now unions were good in the 20's and 30's but today...  I dont think so.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Right, much preferable they run themselves out of business instead of takign steps to keep the company afloat.

Dont have much of a business oriented mind do you? You should check out the Democratic Party, they like being led around by emotional feel good shit too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the new mustang is an excellent design  

The new mustang is beautiful from the outside, but has a horrible interior.  High square dash, with round recessed guages wrapped in plastic bling-bling trim.  The situation is reversed on the GTO.  It was not bad, but not great on the outside, but had a great interior.  Ford too retro too far.  What's next, retro rustproofing?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Ford sucks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#19]
The USA-Big3, didn't regard the non-USA-Big3 as competition, Ford only regarded Chrysler and GM as competition and of couse vica-versa, and they disregarded Toyota and Nissan etc.  Of couse the USA-Big3 only realized the off-shore competition when it was too late, and they were too strong.

If Ferd really cared, they would fix the problem with the Taraus transmission, it was a know problem since the early80s, and the problem is still with us today.  When the tranny fails, it costs something like $2,500 to fix.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]
improvement starts from the top down.

with that in mind how many corporate execs and bean counters has ol bill ford let go
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank the union.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the new mustang is an excellent design  

The new mustang is beautiful from the outside, but has a horrible interior.  High square dash, with round recessed guages wrapped in plastic bling-bling trim.  The situation is reversed on the GTO.  It was not bad, but not great on the outside, but had a great interior.  Ford too retro too far.  What's next, retro rustproofing?

DUDE you are SPOT-ON with that.

I drove a Mustang as a rental a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed by how crappy the interior was.  

Has Ford never heard of 'soft touch' plastic? Even lowly Hyundai has nicer interior materials.

What's even worse is that the plastic trim in the trunk and door trim was already cracked from the cheap material and cold weather.

To make matters worse the car just wouldn't stay centered and required constant correction on the highway, plus poor outward visibility and an overall claustrophia inducing cockpit.

VERY disappointing from such a nice looking exterior. Real let-down.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm done with American made cars altogether. First off non of them are truly American anymore. Dodge engines are japanese, most have jap parts, and are partially assembled in the US. As odd as it sounds, for what I have heard the only truck %100 assembled in the US is the Toyota Tacoma. I have a GMC Sanoma now, and it is such a pice of crap. It's falling apart all over the place.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#24]
If they really cared they would have bought back that lemon Taurus they sold me, it was a total piece of crap, they couldn't fix it and wouldn't replace it.  The lemon laws have no teeth, no lawyer would even touch it.

I understand that sometimes bad cars are manufactured, it happens, nobody's perfect, but when you make a lemon you should take care of it, not blow off the person who bought it.  Their attitude ran off a long time Ford buyer, permanently!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#25]

I have a GMC Sanoma now, and it is such a pice of crap. It's falling apart all over the place.

Nice to see that someone's driving my Silverado's long-lost twin. I hate my truck. Soon however, I plan to be rid of it, and will never again drive anything made by the so-called "big 3".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top