Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:50:29 AM EDT
air America Phoenix has shut down due to lack of listeners and has been replaced by a christian format radio station. naturally DU is not taking this well.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x547256
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Good, I can't remember what I used to listed to before AA came on, but I'm glad they are off the air.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#2]
It took just a few months for them to tank in Charleston, SC.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Nelson himself said it best.

HA HA!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#4]
We have AA here in Cincy. Sometimes I flip between them and Rush.

Rush can often be really out to lunch rambling about nothing. But mostly he's on target or at least close or he's talking about something funny or he's just talking about something that he finds interesting.

AA is always on message. America sucks and is headed down hill fast. Bush is an evil stupid liar. Blah Blah bitch and moan Blah Blah Blah. Occasionally they have a good point but it's rare. Mostly they are just annoying.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]

This was a hit job by the "Christian" right
This was not about spreading the word of God. This was about silencing Liberals.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This was a hit job by the "Christian" right
This was not about spreading the word of God. This was about silencing Liberals.

DU quote?

Suspect it was about market share. But commies don't believe in free markets . . .
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Their rich socialite underwriters are probably getting tired of footing the bill to cover their operating losses, along w/ talking-head Al Franken's $2M salary.

They operate w/ the same sort of rabid communal economic mindset that dug a $28B budget hole in Kalifornistan.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

AZ has too many libertarians that listened for the "Bush is the Devil" entertainment value to let it die that quick.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I came across that cunt Randi Rhodes show once. It was typical libtard insanity. Everyone that called and disagreed with the cunt was met with here screaming at the top of her lungs "YOU'RE AN IDIOT, YOU'RE AN IDIOT".

That type of childish bullshit can't be expected to last too long.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AZ has too many libertarians that listened for the "Bush is the Devil" entertainment value to let it die that quick.

this is true, I would listen to it when in the garage working on a gun project and libertarians were always calling in and flaming the local hosts.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
How ironic that Air America is replaced by a Christian station.
"Schadenfraude moment of relaxation"

And I agree about Randi Rhodes, she is only months away from a mental institution. I think the November 2006 elections will finish her off.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Your buisness plan can't consist soley of..."We hate Bush!"
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Another board I'm on has a few very loud liberals that I love shutting down.  I read this, and the first thing I did was run and post it there
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, you sure know how to scare a guy.  This is good news.

From the title, though, I thought an airliner had crashed.  How about editing the title?  "Air America Radio Network in Phoenix, down in flames!" or something similar, maybe?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#15]
[tin-foil-mode] I think it was just a way to funnel money to al franken to use so he can run for office this November.  Ya know, to get around the campaign laws.[/tin-foil-mode]

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Ah man. I occasionally used to listen when I drove through Phoenix (on my way from visiting a church or to go shooting usually).

It would get me in a foul enough mood to really exercise my 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think Nelson himself said it best.
clarityandresolve.com/archives/nelson.jpg

HA HA!

Official comment link here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#19]
You mean nobody really does want to hear their message?  We are the unenlightened masses then.  

I can’t get to DU from here, but they are surely having massive spasms over another AA radio site shutting down.  
Top Top