Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 6:25:13 AM EDT
I graduated in may and am currently looking for LEO jobs while working as a security guard.  lately i have been thinking about joining the military.  Only reason i have not done it is that next october, i am the best man in my friends wedding.  We have been best friends for almost 15yrs.  i dont want to miss it and make them change things for the wedding.  Do you guys know if new military is sent to iraq for a period. thats what i heard.  I would most likely go into the army as infantry or mp.  Please no flames about any of this, i really do want to join up but i cant mess up their wedding either.  thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to join, you should consider that the lifestyle is much more disruptive than simply removing you from a wedding as best man.
If you join, you should be prepared for the possibility that you will be deployed when the wedding date comes around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top