Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 10:20:29 AM EDT
My son is 24 years old, has earned two degrees, written, starred and directed a radio drama and has acted in numerous plays and musicals.  My son is also autistic.  As a hobby he travels around the Pacific Northwest speaking out in schools and colleges about autism.  It has been very insightful for his audiences to listen to him and as a mother of an autistic child I would have paid money to hear what he has to say.

He wants to start a blog about his autism and his acting.  I thought he should start it on facebook so he asked my sister to help him get it started.  She did but she told him to link his blog to his Facebook account.  I think it is better to have him post directly to Facebook.  

Does anyone know anything about this?  He could use some tips on how to reach as many people as possible.  He is currently writing a documentary on autism and he has auditioned for the new Star Wars movie coming out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Facebook is not really designed to work as a blog.  They have implemented some new features that make the interface more blog like, but twitter still pretty much owns the blogsphere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Facebook is not really designed to work as a blog.  They have implemented some new features that make the interface more blog like, but twitter still pretty much owns the blogsphere.
View Quote

You can post on a Blog and have it automatically (or you can manually) link the post to both facebook and twitter.

Google's Blogger is actually a blog, and has the features you'd want, plus plugins, and has adsense built right in and everything.

This is a good example of how big a blog can get: http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/

TOTAL PAGE VIEWS SINCE AUG 2012: 18,517,890

And you can see by looking that Joe also has all of the social media sites connected.

Top Top