Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 4:24:59 PM EDT
Many of you have been to Sarco and know the manager, Glenn Deruitter.   This weekend Glenn was at the Easton Pa. range firing a straight pull 6 mm Lee navy.  The gun blew up and killed him. Glenn certainly knew firearms, and I was suprised to learn of this tragic event.  

If you are so inclined...
                               Martin's Funeral Home
                                Rt 31 Clinton
                             Tues 2-4 & 7-9                       This is all the info I have.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Please send my regards his family...

[usa]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is eulogy for Glenn deRuiter
[url]www.sarcoinc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
This is from the SARCO web site:

We must say a painful goodbye to our dear friend,
GLENN deRUITER

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FirearmTom1%2Fglenn2%2D7102%2Ejpg[/img]

Glenn was involved in a tragic accident this past Saturday, the 29th.  He was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, but was not able to recover.  He was 54.
Glenn was a devoted employee of Sarco for 28 years, and specialized in military firearms. He had a tremendous love for guns and was passionate about his work.  He was among the most well respected and knowledgeable people in the industry. He was a member of the Forks of the Delaware Weapon Association, the New Jersey Arms Collectors Club, a life-time member of the National Rifle Association, and a committee member of Boy Scout Troop 191, Bethlehem.

Glenn was a good friend and was very much loved by everyone. He had frequent visitors here at Sarco who looked forward to intelligent conversations with the gun connoisseur.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to Glenn's family and friends.  

He will be painfully missed.

There will be a funeral service on Wednesday, July 3rd, 2002 at 10 a.m. at
MARTIN FUNERAL HOME
1761 Route 31, Clinton, NJ
(908) 735-7180

Visitation will be Tuesday, July 2nd from 2-4 and 7-9 pm
at Martin Funeral Home.  

Directions for Martin Funeral Home

In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Glenn deRuiter may  be made to Boy Scout Troop 191,
c/o Scoutmaster Joe Smith,
201 Asbury-West Portal Rd.,
Asbury, NJ. 08802

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:51:07 AM EDT
[#4]
my condolences to the family..................

BUT...!! 11 grains of Unique in that old rifle is what killed him !!

he had a [b][red]DETONATION...!![/red][/b]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#5]
The web site said he was devoted employee, and passionate about firearms.
At least he died doing the thing he loved most, putting rounds down range!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#7]
You have any pics of the 6mm lee navy weapon that killed him.(a net photo not the actual weapon)
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Glen was a great guy, I knew him for a long time. He will be missed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Where are you getting your information on using 11 grains of UNIQUE?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You have any pics of the 6mm lee navy weapon that killed him.(a net photo not the actual weapon)
View Quote

[img]http://www.spanamwar.com/Lee1895.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
my condolences to the family..................

BUT...!! 11 grains of Unique in that old rifle is what killed him !!

he had a [b][red]DETONATION...!![/red][/b]
View Quote

CactusJack, why the hell you keep on spreading this incorrect information? The books you cited on the other thread contained nothing to support this idea, as far as us guys who own the same books can see.

Methinks you've gotten FAST powders confused with SLOW powders and now don't want to admit your mistake.

Oh, I see this is actually an older thread revived. But anyway...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Catus Jack are you the same ass hole that said JFK Jr Was just a clown that wasn't INTS Cert so therefor he killed himself?  We are talking about a man that was killed because a rifle blew up and killed him!   Sorry to hear that, would be enough on your part.

Sorry to hear this about another gun owner and avid shooter,much like myself.    Peace to his family who are having a hard time enough justifying this lose in this way.   God Be with you.  

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top