Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 5:18:26 AM EDT
Is it just me, or are the rest of you beginning to feel that the van is just a decoy, since it's [u]ALWAYS[/u] seen leaving the scene, but never actually able to be captured..?

Maybe, as someone else has pointed out, the van has toggles installed that turn on/off specific tail or side lamps, to give a witness a false description, and then are able to pass cleanly through a checkpoint.

While the entire civilized world is looking for the infamous white van, the maroon Chevy Celebrity ([i]containing the shooter[/i]) passes by without an ounce of suspicion.

This was exactly the case in the movie, "Smokey and the Bandit", where Burt Reynolds and his T/A played the rabbit, so the reefer truck could haul contraband, unnoticed!

[*] While this may sound a bit far fetched and be some wild assed notion, the more these shootings tale place, the more likely this could be the case![/*]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I failed to mention that the description of the occupants of the van also seems to vary...

1 person [i]-vs-[/i] 2 persons
Light skin [i]-vs-[/i] dark skin [i]-vs-[/i] olive skin
Sandy hair [i]-vs-[/i] dark hair

It really tends to make you wonder!

BTW: I now go on record as publicly stating that my "theories" seem to change daily, with each new bit of information!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Welp, since someone else said it, that's exactly my thought.  I think the guy is having someone else drive like a maniac to get out of there, then taking a nice slow drive away or stashing his tools in the trunk of some car and walking away for a while and coming back for the vehicle.

What would they get the guy in the van on, reckless driving?  If its clean they have nothing on the van driver.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully the LEO's have been running the tags for every white van,truck they stop. And comparing plates to VIN #'s. If the same van/VIN # keeps getting stopped at check points after each attack.....
View Quote

From watching the duration of these checkpoints on TV, there doesn't appear to be enough time to do this...  Also, the vast number &
frequency of the VIN checks, would shut down the system, via overload.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it's like Cannonball run - the white van goes into a car wash and comes out a red van.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top