Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/4/2003 12:52:28 PM EDT
From FCSPI....  (Fifty Caliber Shooters Policy Institute)

[b]Just after 12 noon Pacific Time, the California Assembly voted to ban 50 bmg rifles. 42-26.

The bill is now referred to the Senate.

In the last week we’ve managed to light up the phones, faxes and mailboxes of California Assembly members.  FCSPI representatives along with folks from the NRA, CRPA and others have been at the Capital all week fighting the bill.

We lost this battle – we will not lose the war in California.

At the same time, legislation is moving in the New York Assembly to ban 50 caliber rifles there as well.  The gun grabbers are funded by multimillionaires and they are doing their best to start a two front war that will drain FCSPI of its ability to fight back.

They are mistaken.

FCSPI will continue to fight both bills and we have the means to prevail.  Our supporters are growing and the grassroots support from other concerned gun owners and activists gets bigger every day.

The author of the California 50 ban, Paul Koretz (D-Hollywood) has called 50 caliber target rifles, military assault weapons.  His words to California 50 cal owners, “register your guns, big deal.”

Right now FCSPI is fighting 50 cal bans in New York and California – You can bet that if either state passes a ban into law, the gun grabbers will get a lot of press and support as they seek to export this ban to the rest of the country.

It doesn’t matter if you live in California, New York, Wyoming or Alabama.  Every American concerned about liberty and freedom needs to be in this fight.

Please help FCSPI by making a contribution.  You could win a CALIFORNIA MADE 50 bmg rifle!  Visit our web site for more details…

[url]www.fcspi.org/wina50.html[/url]

Sincerely,

John Burtt Mike Marks
Chairman Executive Director

[/b]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
And so it begins, the next wave of attacks which will erode our rights and turn us into common criminals. Bring it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/6013013.htm [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I beat them to the punch by buying an AR-50 at 10:30 this morning.  Now I have even more reason to be righteously outraged.

Bastards.  I'm going to call Koretz's office after I calm down.

[50]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The gun, Koretz said, "built for military, not civilian use," was among the weapons that the Branch Davidians possessed during the 1993 standoff near Waco, Texas.

Under the bill, if the gun was used in a crime, it would be punishable by up to 12 years in prison.

People who already own those guns would be allowed to keep them, but would have to register with the state Department of Justice.

"It requires a permit for people to buy them in the future," Koretz said. [b]"If terrorists want to buy them, hopefully we can catch them and prevent that."[/b]

I'm speechless at this idiocy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In the last week we’ve managed to light up the phones, faxes and mailboxes of California Assembly members.  
View Quote

How Naive.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

Whatcha gonna do when the reasonable and common sense gun safety laws go rolling over you!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
His words to California 50 cal owners, “register your guns, big deal.”
View Quote

This asshole should register his piehole.

If it's not a fckn big deal then why bother?

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Imbro, I bet you would love to see a ban on people who show up to work sick too, eh?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Whatcha gonna do when the reasonable and common sense gun safety laws go rolling over you!
View Quote

Feed the hogs?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Just flipped through the Barrett Group Buy order. No Kali sales but it looks like some NY guys might be getting their .50s in the nick of time.

I had a few people in CA waiting for the next Serbu Group Buy and I have a bad feeling it will be too late for them.

This is sureal. Even though I saw it coming.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Whenever I hear this:

I'm reminded of this:

Losers try their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#13]
More bullets. We need a lot more bullets....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]

I guess the states are finally exerting their 10 Amendment powers eh?

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Whenever I hear this:

I'm reminded of this:

Losers try their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.
View Quote

nonononono, its "Your Best? Losers always whine about "their best." Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Feed the hogs?
View Quote

Yup.
View Quote

More like cover over the old line and redraw the new line in the sand.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, gentlemen, we ain't got nothing available to feed them hogs.

Source: [url]http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/ab_50_cfa_20030604_010507_asm_floor.html[/url]

AB50

4)Provides that any person who manufactures, imports, sells, gives, lends, [b]or possesses any .50 BMG cartridge ammunition [/b]is guilty of an alternate felony/misdemeanor, with exceptions.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#18]
[b][red][size=5]I'm sorry to say, but us gun owners are pussies.
If this were two hundred years ago, the blood of the anti gun lobby would flood the streets.

They are winning the battles, and they are winning the war. Slowly.

What do we keep doing? Write letters that they don't read, call and leave messages they dont hear.

Only things left to do is a massive protest, somplete show of force or soon turn in all of our firearms. Which will you choose?

Or are you too busy with more important things.[rolleyes]

I am sickened.[/b][/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Imbroglio:  8,672 posts and still maintaining a signal to noise ratio of almost exactly zero.  [stick]

How DO you do it?  [lol]

Maybe you're playing Devil's Advocate, but if so, you should at least state that you're doing so. Otherwise,  you look like The Enemy.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this were two hundred years ago, the blood of the anti gun lobby would flood the streets.

What do we keep doing? Write letters that they don't read, call and leave messages they dont hear.

Only things left to do is a massive protest, somplete show of force or soon turn in all of our firearms. Which will you choose?

View Quote

Are you advocating the killing of cops?
View Quote

i say kill them if they come to take your guns away by force

is that against the conduct code?

i don't think so

the conduct code says you can't suggest illegal activity, but defending yourself isn't illegal

[moon]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#23]
All I can say is that if this legislation is passed into law, the .50 cal. owners of the prohibitive states will have safe haven here in Nevada (thank goodness for that).

On the other hand, for the people of those states to allow this legislation to not only commence, but to become law, is so far above the rational reasoning of normal thinking, I almost want to say that they "are getting what they deserve." (not the .50 owners of course....)

Heaven Help Us and God Bless America....

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Source: [url]http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/ab_50_cfa_20030604_010507_asm_floor.html[/url]

AB50

4)Provides that any person who manufactures, imports, sells, gives, lends, [b]or possesses any .50 BMG cartridge ammunition [/b]is guilty of an alternate felony/misdemeanor, with exceptions.
View Quote

What the fuck is an alternate felony/misdemeanor?
Does that mean the the DA can just flip a coin to decide which level to charge you?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AB50

View Quote

What the fuck is an alternate felony/misdemeanor?
Does that mean the the DA can just flip a coin to decide which level to charge you?
View Quote

Ya, in Kommiefornia some crimes can be charged as either.  Though to consider this a crime is bullshit.

Wobbler.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]
passed by 2 votes ....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe he is advocating the killing of those attempting to take away our Constitutional guareenteed right.  Just because someone wears a badge, doesn't make them the good guy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone notice Koretz tried to get his name added to become
The Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Act of 1989 and the [b]Koretz .50 BMG Control Act of 2003[/b]

Clearly a megalomanic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone have a source for the info on New York State?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lead on brother.

Oh wait you're from Maryland.  Never mind.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a source for the info on New York State?
View Quote

[url]http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A07039[/url]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I also check this site daily to see what these shithead's are up to...

[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/index.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#34]
NOW FOR SALE!!!!

.49999999999999 cal BMG

possibly interchangible with 50 bmg, but not reccomended!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Um the NY ban will outlaw Shotguns. Read it. It makes no distinctions between rifles or anything.

BTW There was one of these in 2001 if I remember right. Right after 9/11. They kept on about how "terrorist" would use them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Imbroglio:  8,672 posts and still maintaining a signal to noise ratio of almost exactly zero.  [stick]

How DO you do it?  [lol]

Maybe you're playing Devil's Advocate, but if so, you should at least state that you're doing so. Otherwise,  you look like The Enemy.

CJ

View Quote

I am just trying to help out the best I can under the circumstances.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I can't wait till I can get out of the PRK and go back to Texas!!!  Then I hope it falls off into the ocean and give the ocean front property to the states that deserve it!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Feed the hogs?
View Quote

The rest of us will believe it when we see it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How DO you do it?  [lol]

CJ

View Quote

2,864 post and you haven't figured out that Imrboglio is ALWAYS playing the devil's advocate yet?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the last week we’ve managed to light up the phones, faxes and mailboxes of California Assembly members.  
View Quote

How Naive.
View Quote

Why naive? This bill was tabled last year due to opposition.

Or should we all just follow your example and change our names to handoveryourrights?
View Quote

Naive - believing that calls, faxes and emails matter.  I was in Annapolis a couple years ago when the Gov spend $181 million buying SB211 in Maryland (ballistic fingerprinting, integrated locks, etc....).   Those legislators were going to pass that bill come hell or high water.  They didn't care about the disabled, the old, the working man, women, whoever.  Every object was ignored and passed by, as they raced to pass this bill.  I've seen it in action, it's a frightening thing.

Those legistlators are going to do what they want, they don't care about what the few "radical right" believe.

Why did they shelf it last year?  I don't know, but I doubt it was from lighting up their switchboards.

The Liberals truely believe they are right on the issues, and truely believe their views are in step with America's.  In fact, they just started a new Think Tank called [b]The American Majority Institute[/b].

What does that tell you about where the DumoRats are coming from?

What would I recommend Kali residents do instead?  I don't know.  They are going to get steam rolled regardless of what they do, but you do need to try, so when the bullets fly you can hold your heads high and proclaim "we tried to work w/in the system"

They banned the AR's, the AK's, now the 50's.

Are we [i]THERE]/i] yet?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:54:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lead on brother.

Oh wait you're from Maryland.  Never mind.
View Quote

Cant do everything on my own.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:57:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could you please tell me where in that post it says-"I think you should go kill police"?

Nope, it doesn't say that. In fact I gave a peaceful solution such as a march or protest that gun owners should think about doing.

But, thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:13:31 AM EDT
[#44]
So when does the .499 Koretz come out?

I heard some lawmakers in RI or another state were very angry about the PCR-15.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Gun owners are pretty througly screwed here in CA. Lefty Democrats control enough of the legislature that they think they can hose gun owners with impunity.

Dang it, now I'm going to have to order that Serbu and a ton of ammo before the next group buy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I was just lucky to have the funds to buy an AR-50 an hour and a half before the Caliban Assembly vote.  The CA measure has to go through the Senate committee process.  That should take some time since the main item of business in the whole legislature SHOULD be the annual budget bloodbath.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I believe the "line", is close for a lot of people. If I'm correct, we will start to see random acts of resistance in some states soon. Just in time for Congress to take up the AWB, and Bush to sign it.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

AB50

View Quote

Same source:

5)Provides that any person who legally possesses a .50 BMG rifle may legally possess the .50 BMG cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Passive resistance.

Do not comply.  Do not register.  Do not, do not, do not.

DO, however, file suit against EVERY legislator who votes for the ban, and DO file suit against the state as well.  The charge is conspiracy to deprive you of a Constitutionally protected right.

If enough people did this,  you'd win, one way or another.

CJ
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top