Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 7:07:29 AM EDT
I recently finished making up the whole family's emergency packs,I got a good deal on ebay for a lot of gear including ALICE packs and other gear that you would want or need to put in your BOB or emergency pack.
The family (Wife & Sons) have taken to teasing me and calling me "Rambo" and "GI Joe".
It's good hearted ribbing but it still bothers me a little ,they always stand behind me in whatever I decide and this is no exception ,they willingly gave me some clothes for thier pack (with some grumbles).
Now the packs are put away for safe keeping until we ever need them (hope never) and the teasing has stopped but I felt like maybe I am being a little paranoid until I remembered the Boyscout motto from my childhood.
"Be prepared" and those reasons were explained to me at an early age why you should be prepared.    

Call me Rambo or GI Joe or what ever you want just so long as I do the Job of Husband and Father and the main job ,Protector of the family.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I recently finished making up the whole family's emergency packs
View Quote

What happened,did Cactus Jack tell you he was coming on his F-4 to drop napalm? [:D]
View Quote

I knew you were keeping up with that thread Edsr, LOL
It must have killed him when I told him I was going to let you hit the ban button to boot him at HCT.
He threatened to call the feds on members and a few other reasons thats why I booted him.
I opened the door back up for him and it's his last chance at redemption,PERIOD!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Knowing is half the battle. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
People who have never experienced a significant earthquake think I'm crazy because I always carry 1 liter of drinking water, a first-aid kit, a small amount of food, tools, and extra clothing everywhere I go.

Let them think whatever they want.  I won't be the one drinking out of the toilet tank when the Big One hits.

[peep]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Cactus jack was 4-f(draft exempt)Flat feet.
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Amateurs study tactics.

Professionals study logistics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top