Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:16:30 PM EDT
I go in and talk to one of the salesmen. For this story lets call him "Henry" and the other guy "Bill"

Bill: Hey Henry did you show DrFrige your new pen?

Henry: No I havent... Hey DrFrige, you have to check out this laser pen.

DrFrige: Oh, Ive seen hundreds of those. Nothing new.

Henry: Not like this you havent. (Finds a piece of paper to write on) Here, write your name with this

(I go to write and notice the pen is retracted so I go to push the button to get the pen out and...)

[size=4]ZZZZZZZZZZZAP!!![/size=4]

I get the zap of my life out of this pen I almost shit myself. somehow this pen must have some sort of step up transformer in it that takes a miniscule AAA battery and feels like you just stuck your finger in a socket...

...I was "TOTALLY SHOCKED"
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I want that.

No idea why. But I do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope no backrubs were involved in this incident...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have also heard of lighters designed to do that. They're fricking nasty. Luckily by the time I got to see the lighter, there was no power left.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the lighter. Its 3 times worse than the pen.
We had the pen at work around the holidays. We were telling our co workers that it played xmas carols when you click it. HAHAHAHAHAHA
then we hid all the pens and left it on the sign in clip board for the drivers. We could hear the screams in the breakroom!!!! This fvcker HURTS. They did it to me.... I thought i had a stroke! I thought something in my head POPPED and i was dead cause no PEN would make you hurt that much....till i noticed my coworkers pissing thier pants and falling to the floor laughing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone did that to me I would stick their finger in a socket.  BZZZZZZZZZZZT!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Where can I get these?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#8]
One time in the HS cafe some dude was playing with a stungun and zapped someone he knew.  That someone he knew proceeded to punch the stungun idiot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Alien orgazm!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:36:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:38:11 AM EDT
[#11]
That doesn't sound too nice.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone I work with bought one of those from a gas station. He said he bought it cause it said "Not for people with pacemakers". It was good for a laugh till he did it to the wrong person and it got smashed on the floor.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:52:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Someone I work with bought one of those from a gas station. He said he bought it cause it said "Not for people with pacemakers". It was good for a laugh till he did it to the wrong person and it got smashed on the floor.
View Quote

I was just gonna say this. I would hate to see someone charged with involuntary manslaughter for a dumb ass thing like this. It's still pretty cool though. Just make sure the recipient doesnt have a heart history...

Robert
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a few in high school (15 yrs ago).

I would pass it around with a clipboard taking a survey.  Nailed a lot of people (suprisingly it was never stolen).    It broke when a teacher took the survey!  He liked it, but his reaction threw the pen across the room.  The mechanical device in there is supposed to oscillate, like a buzzer, to pulse the voltage.
It could never be re-tuned, so I ended up buying a few more, for $20 each.  The next survey I passed around had it tied on really good to some heavy duty string.

Then a few years later, I got a shocking cigarette lighter.  It was KOOL at clubs, etc.  But it did look fake.  However, recently I saw an updated version at the Big Town Gun Show in Dallas.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I prefer the shocking computer mouse. Works great for those pricks who like to mess with your PC while you are away from it :)

Or for that PITA lush, the shocking beer can.

[url]www.gagworks.com/id_shocking.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Not very funny at all.  People have had their heart rhythms disrupted by what would seen to be a minor electric shock.  That's why any electric shock, no matter how minor, at my workplace requires that a paramedic and ambulance be called to take the person to medical evaluation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I am constantly being bugged to borrow my pen at work. Lazy fuckers that don't want to be bothered with keeping up with their own pen types. I gotta gotta gotta have one of these!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not very funny at all.  People have had their heart rhythms disrupted by what would seen to be a minor electric shock.  That's why any electric shock, no matter how minor, at my workplace requires that a paramedic and ambulance be called to take the person to medical evaluation.
View Quote
That's correct, it doesn't take much to kill a man. Electrocution occurs when a small, specific amount of electrical current flows through the heart for 1 to 3 seconds. 0.006-0.2 Amps (that's 6-200mA milliamps) of current flowing through the heart disrupts the normal coordination of heart muscles. These muscles loose their vital rhythm and begin to fibrilate. Death soon follows.[xx(] AMPS are dangerous and that's what kills you, even seemingly low amps as noted. The source also matters because I regularly get jolted with 50,000-60,000 volts from high output ignition coils while troubleshooting cars that are not firing on all cylinders, with no adverse effects. Recently I came up with a good way to do this without the chance of getting shocked.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Lol, I have been shocked by Stun guns (no tasers thank god) Maced, Stabbed and worst crap.

The electricity is the worst thing.

Thats a pretty funny story.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I regularly get jolted with 50,000-60,000 volts from high output ignition coils while troubleshooting cars that are not firing on all cylinders, with no adverse effects. Recently I came up with a good way to do this without the chance of getting shocked.[:)]
View Quote

Let the highschool kid on a summer job do it? ;)
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I had one of the lighters once, those things rock
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I saw a stapler the other day that was set up like this.  If it was sitting on a table and you pushed down on the head, it would staple.  but if you picked it up to staple something, you would get zapped.  Something else that works really good is if you get one of the generators from a TA312 field telephone (they are removeable)  the little thing you crank to make the one on the other end ring, run one wire to a metal chair and the other wire to the metal band around a table and when someone leans on the table, give it a crank, you can really toast somebody.  It works best when wearing shorts and T-shirts like at picnicks.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have also heard of lighters designed to do that. They're fricking nasty. Luckily by the time I got to see the lighter, there was no power left.
View Quote

My buddie and I were at our local bar one night and he asked if he could use the lighter that was sitting there,the guy grinned and said sure go ahead, my buddy hit the ignite bitton and dropped the lighter on the ground ,the guy and his buddy start laughing really hard.

My friend benches 400 and wrestled in high school, he's a nice guy until you fuck with him,I once saw him hold a guy's head to the ceiling by his throat for saying some sexual remark to his sister, he held the guy up there one handed for a long time until the guys face turned bright red.

Anyway he had dropped the lighter and he bent down to pick it up and the guy in a really rough tone demands the lighter back, my friend told him he could have the lighter after he jolted himself and his buddy, the guy balked and my friend held the lighter against his face and hit the button,that whimp screamed like he was shot,LOL

I was laughing so hard I didn't notice the second guy get up but my friend did ,the second guy went to the emergency room with a broken nose and other cuts and bruises.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top