Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 7:05:24 AM EDT
[red]{Rant Mode On}[/red]

[b]So, why all the trash talk lately..?[/b]

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a huge disregard for other members and the rules here again..?  It seems that in nearly every thread, somebody has to let loose with obscenities, for absolutely no reason.

We've seen it before, and all it does is make you look like a bunch of foul mouthed idiots with no social graces!

Is it really that difficult to comprehend that there is a strong majority of members that would rather not read this crap..?  Is it asking to much to ask you guys to put an end to it..?  What about the women and children that read this site..?

Frankly, I feel that this site has taken a major turn for the worse lately, with the foul language running rampant. Also, it would appear that it is [u]not[/u] a bunch of newbies doing this, but more so the senior members with little to no regard for others and/or this website.

What is really sad, is that with the national advertising that the BRC is receiving, we're going to be receiving an influx of new visitors, and first impressions are everything!

To make matters worse, these new visitors will be greeted with a barrage of senior members that will immediately refer to them as trolls, if/when they ask a question that someone else feels they should already know the answer to.

While it's one thing to be an anonymous "Keyboard Commando", it's most certainly another to be a "Diplomat" on behalf of the firearms community... and that's what we should all be. It is about time that many of you take a serious look at how you want us to be perceived by others, and then adjust your own personal actions accordingly! [pissed]

[red]{Rant Mode Off}[/red]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
This site was infested with educated right wing gun owners with an attitude who "like to hunt and shoot little furry animals, barbecue, drink beer, etc," We did not suffer Leftists or mall ninjas here for long. This was us. If we are not that, well, we are different. We would be politically correct, pedant snobs, rather than the politically incorrect snobs we are, D*mn It.

The only difference I see is that if you mix us snobs with them snobs, tempers flare and words are spoken in anger. I mean typed in anger.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Anti,

I have noticed this a bit lately, but I'm hoping that it is just one of those cycles.  It is important that we realize the potential exposure we may get, especially after the BRC.  I'm not saying that we can't have fun, but the last thing we need is bad PR.  Just my $.02.

I'd also like to point something else out that I have noticed lately.  Apart from the amazing (and never-ending) generosity of the Avilas, members here have been initiating "good deeds".  Maybe it's just me, but I've felt even better about the people on this board in general.  Thanks everyone!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
HEY,

Are you talking to ME?

ARE...YOU...TALKING...TO...ME??

I don't see anyone ELSE around here.  You must be talking to me.

Big talk for a guy who flashes every opportunity he gets:

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=jimmybcool&album_id=59083&image_id=13&courtesy=1[/img]

[shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock][shock]

Actually, it does seem some folks are bit testier.  I don't get it.  We should be a family sharing info and stories.  instead, sometimes it gets into a pithing match for no reason.

Anyhoo, probably my last post for a while.

Nah, not going away mad.  Just going to Thailand in 11  hours.  Yeehaa.

James
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Beekeeper1 started it!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DID NOT!!
View Quote

TASTES GREAT!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DID NOT!!
View Quote

[size=2][b]DID TOO!![/b][/size=2]

Now, should that be "to" or "too"?
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#9]
"So, why all the trash talk lately..?"

well...ak-47.net has been down for awhile...
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have not said anything about any of my ex-wives. What trash talking ???? Just a good old boy here. [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

[b]So, why all the trash talk lately..?[/b]
View Quote

Anti, IMHO its usually the parents fault when the kids throw fits in KMart...

EX: You have a COC, but when people violate the rules,  offenders are given a [pink]'timeout'[/pink] until they change their post to reflect proper conduct.

When boundaries are constantly relocated for little Johnny, instad of the promised action, Johnny knows he can get away with murder, and all Mommy will do is howl at the moon (read rant).....

If you want conduct according to the rules, they need to be enforced [b]CONSTANTLY[/b] and [b]CONSISTENTLY[/b]. Not just when its McUzi or SA.....

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I have noticed that too. I have been guilty of it on 2 occassions the last month.  I was under a pretty good anger/stress thing.  I apologize to all I have offended. One I was wrong on the other I attacked when I was clearly wronged and then deleted my rebuttal.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW:  The Mods and Staff get attacked here, there and everywhere if they take actions on much of anything anymore... It was for this very same reason that I stepped down!

It just seems that lately anything goes, and we're only hurting ourselves, by fitting the stereotype that the liberals have been yakking about for years.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]
9:00 waldo.  And we expect you to be in charge of providing the Smores.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#16]
waldo only does steaks, aka knob creek "roughing it"...grilled to perfection!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Although I am still a newbie on this site I have witnessed the same type behavior on others.  I attribute most of it to that "internet anonymity" factor.  I have seem members type words here that I doubt very much that they would say if the situation were one on one, up close and personal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I am a newbie also.  I lurked for about 3 months, reading posts and deciding if I wanted to sign on.  While I agree that there is some trash talk, I also think most of the people posting here do not engage in this.

I figure if I ask a "dumb" question I better be able to take some ribbing.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[red]{Rant Mode Off}[/red]
View Quote

[:K]

j/k, anti...

Speaking for myself, my language on these forums is actually quite a bit cleaner than in face to face conversation.  That's quite possibly a Good Thing (TM), since I'm certain that I'd either be asked to tone it down or, if DonR was in a REALLY pissy mood ([:D]), be punted off the site faster than Blaze of Glory.

That's most of my opinion on the matter.  The rest I'll keep to myself for the time being.

the_Reject
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I [i]do not[/i] get in pissy moods, thank you very much! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It just seems that lately anything goes, and we're only hurting ourselves, by fitting the stereotype that the liberals have been yakking about for years.
View Quote

I agree.  But whenever you bring this up people will scream about censorship and how anal this site is.

And yes, the mods do take a lot of undeserved heat for a tough job.

Should I not be starting sentences with "and" or "but"?  Been doing that a lot lately.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I [i]do not[/i] get in pissy moods, thank you very much! [:D]
View Quote

All in fun, DonR, all in fun...  Don't go "nuking" my account to kingdom come just yet...

I swear to god, you are so temperamental...

[:D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I am not!! [:(]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#26]
The "Vagina" thread immediately comes to mind...  

Lets see if we can't count all of the different terms for vagina, and then lets ask your wives and daughters which ones they prefer..? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lets see if we can't count all of the different terms for vagina, and then lets ask your wives and daughters which ones they prefer..? [rolleyes]
View Quote

They all prefer the term "frog".  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Some people here have got a little too big for their britches and the personal attacks (forum conduct code violation #7) are getting out of hand. My suggestion is to place a 5 day ban on the violator's posting privileges.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#29]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anti, agreed... I cringe at some of the language.. But what does one expect with the word Vagina in the subject much less a standard topic  I'll delete the Thread if it will help.   It would be nice if the thread author had the power to change bad words in reply's... I am headed to work now... If the thread is not locked when I get back tonight, I'll delete it...  

Realist out
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#31]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Some people here have got a little too big for their britches and the personal attacks (forum conduct code violation #7) are getting out of hand. My suggestion is to place a 5 day ban on the violator's posting privileges.

View Quote

That wouldn't be AntiUSSA calling me an idiot in another thread would it?

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#33]
send all threads that are deemed to be "offensive" over to the ak side/coliseum form. that is why it was set up, wasn't it? wth?

problem solved. send the check to my home address. thanks.

hell, i love a good flame war and talking about vaginas! hmmm? maybe a flame war ABOUT vaginas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top