Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 2:56:25 PM EDT
Just saw on Fox that Shumer is trying to pry open the NICS records to "search" for terrorists.

Luckily, "our" guys are fighting it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, what a twisted thought.  "Terrorist are buying guns at gunshows so they don't undergo background (NICS) checks".  Then he wants to open the NICS records to search for terrorists?  Is this what happens when you do too much cocaine?

BTW, didn't Ashcroft limit the time these records are stored to 24 hours or something very short term?

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That scrolling news ticker on the bottom of the TV screen just said something to the effect of[b] "Attn. Gen Ashcroft defends decision to deny FBI access to national gun purchase records as part of terrorist investigation"[/b]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This is kinda funny though,....I mean, if the criminals and terrorists all buy their weapons at gunshows, without background checks (as the Brady Bunch, and other idiots would have us believe) Then there wouldn't[b] be[/b] any NICS records of the [b]ALLEGED[/b] terrorist/criminal purchases. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
last gun i bought at a show was called in with the yellow paper... i must be going to all the wrong shows
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Sarah Brady came out with a cheap shot against Ashcroft today.  She lambasted him for not using those records in order to hunt terrorists, saying that it's just proof of what she had been saying all along: that he's a tool of the gun lobby.  Ashcroft said that using those records would be illegal, and he wasn't going to break the law.

I wish that cunt would hurry up and die.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Even if they WERE able to gain access to the files, how would they know which ones were the terrorists?? Probably by the types of weapons purchased. [sarcasm]Of course, anyone who bought "assault weapons" must be a terrorist, because everyone knows that assault weapons are only used for one thing, and that is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time.[/sarcasm]

They make the rules and the definitions, and they then make logical deductions based on the assumption that the premise is true in the first place; the average Joe fails to see the fallacy in this line of reasoning and is convinced that it all logically follows. It's for the children.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I can honestly say that I am all for closing the "machine gun sniper rifle hi-capacity revolver gunshow loophole." [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top