Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 6:38:56 PM EDT
Read it here:

[url]http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=%5CNation%5Carchive%5C200306%5CNAT20030609b.html [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Would be nice if he could also make his M82A1 a bit cheaper, for us average joes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope this helps us in some way, at least one public opposition to these infringements are finally heard.  He should prohibit sales to the military also in the Caliban land.

In a December letter, Barrett wrote that he wouldn't sell or service guns to anyone who opposes constitutional rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Now, he wants other gun manufacturers to do the same.

"Anybody that's anti-Constitution or anti-United States government, I don't do business with them," Barrett said. "I will not be doing any business with any state agency or local agency that tries to disarm the law-abiding citizen."
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
[SALUTE]

About time every other gun manufacturer does the same thing.

Enough is enough.

What's that I smell? [size=1][white]REVOLUTION?[/white][/size=1]

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Ronnie Barrett for President[:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
EM-BAR-GO! EM-BAR-GO! EM-BAR-GO!

I call upon ALL firearms/tactical gear/ammunition/reloading companies to refuse to sell to ANYONE (military, civilian, law enforcement) in kalifornia. Any company or companies that break the embargo should be blacklisted.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Extend the embargo to Hollywood movie studios, Imbro. Hit 'em where it hurts.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...I call upon ALL firearms/tactical gear/ammunition/reloading companies to refuse to sell to ANYONE (military, [b][red]civilian[/red][/b], law enforcement) in kalifornia...
View Quote

And here I thought the idea was to keep guns in the hands of the average joe.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
It's all a moot point.  In a few more years California will have to file bankruptcy and become a ward of the feds.  The Feds could pay down the national debt (and return millions of illegal aliens to their native country) by selling off the state to Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Sigh. Cali bashing is everybody's favorite sport.  Pretty funny when it comes from within the state, though, huh Brian!

If all you people in other states would just stay the fuck where you're from, maybe we wouldn't fill up with all other people's trash.  

Just too bad there's jobs and things here.

[:P]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If all you people in other states would just stay the fuck where you're from, maybe we wouldn't fill up with all other people's trash.
View Quote

Well, if your damned Democrats would quit Californicating Colorado, there wouldn't be so much damned room for the damned trash to move *into*. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The practical aspects of this will be interesting.  If keeping these guns away from the LA police is as successful as keeping guns away from criminals.....well you get the idea.

Still I like that he stands up for what he believes in and makes it clear that his product is not a political toy for the idiots to play with.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if your damned Democrats would quit Californicating Colorado, there wouldn't be so much damned room for the damned trash to move *into*. [:D]
View Quote

Amen KeithC!!

DScott, I promise I'll never move to California if you promise you'll never move to Colorado.
Deal?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it all right if we just come and ski? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sigh. Cali bashing is everybody's favorite sport.  Pretty funny when it comes from within the state, though, huh Brian!

Just too bad there's jobs and things here.

[:P]
View Quote

I think your worst enemy is already there and firmly embeded. Walk out your front door and look right and left. Yup there they are. Number 2 enemy is flooding from your southern border also.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You bet!!!  We love tourist dollars.
Enjoy the skiing, enjoy the scenery, and enjoy your trip back home.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#19]
What if I want to stay in my house in Vail?  OK to pay property taxes?

Howzat?

[;D]

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
the keyword in his statement is [b]AGENCY[/b]

he did NOT say he is going to stop selling to civilan gun owners of Calif.
just to the STATE AGENCIES!!!.

i think its a great idea to not sell to STATE AGENCIES, but keep the guns flowing into civie hands.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I call upon ALL firearms/tactical gear/ammunition/reloading companies to refuse to sell to ANYONE (military, civilian, law enforcement) in kalifornia. Any company or companies that break the embargo should be blacklisted.
View Quote

Why? So you can corner the market in crappy reloads?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sierra's ain't good enough for you?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#23]
He was bitching about LAPD in particular.  the Chief held up his products for one of the dog and pony shows and the they had the effrontery to send a Barrett in for repairs.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well seems CA won this one. This is exactly what the CA legislature wants. For all manufacturers to stop selling in CA.

Barrett is only hurting CA gun owners [:(] Can't say I support them for this. They should really fund to help gun owners repeal some of these laws.
View Quote

LT, if California bans .50's and Barrett decides not to sell to Cali government, how is that hurting CA gun owners?  He's saying what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and I salute him in that.

Of course, this will be interesting to watch unfold.  If the Feds decide to stop purchasing Barrett firearms in retaliation, will he be able to keep his business going on civilian sales?  I can't imagine that there are many gun enthusiasts who can pay the price for his .50's in this economy.  But I still salute him for standing by his beliefs.  The industry needs more like him.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with this, except the civilian part.

What would Chicago and DC say if their cops couldn't buy guns, or spare parts?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:58:09 AM EDT
[#26]
[b]Quoted:

I call upon ALL firearms/tactical gear/ammunition/reloading companies to refuse to sell to ANYONE (military, civilian, law enforcement) in kalifornia. Any company or companies that break the embargo should be blacklisted.[/b]

Great Idea!!

[b]It's all a moot point. In a few more years California will have to file bankruptcy and become a ward of the feds. [/b]

Hard to stay solvent w/ the vast amount of liberal social engineering and programs Cali has.  Also, kinda tough when 1 out of 3 people is an Illegal Alien!!!  [:O]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:13:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I would say we have just as many illegal aliens in TX as Cali if not more and we are doin' just fine.

On a side note, the other night I had a dream I shot the president, all of california's representatives and senetors, and Bill Clinton.  Now I don't know why I chose Bush with all them, but I eventually got shot by a rouge secret agent.  Oh and almost forgot, people in the news kept saying I was Mr. Boothe (guy who shot Lincoln).  Needless to say I woke up in a panic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Howzat?

[;D]

View Quote

House in Vail, huh?  Well, I suppose that makes sense.  After all, prior to Colorado's pre-emption law, the town of Vail had banned AR-15s.  You probably felt right at home there.

Personally, I don't care if you want to live in your mountain chalet in east Vail, but I can't figure out why you'd leave the paradise of California, what with all the jobs and things you have there.

You might see my work in some of the homes in the area...particularly Beaver Creek (Avon) and further up the valley in Cordillera.  Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Howzat?

[;D]

View Quote

House in Vail, huh?  Well, I suppose that makes sense.  After all, prior to Colorado's pre-emption law, the town of Vail had banned AR-15s.  You probably felt right at home there.

Personally, I don't care if you want to live in your mountain chalet in east Vail, but I can't figure out why you'd leave the paradise of California, what with all the jobs and things you have there.

You might see my work in some of the homes in the area...particularly Beaver Creek (Avon) and further up the valley in Cordillera.  Let me know what you think.
View Quote

Actually, I'm just pulling your leg, and perpuating an image for the fun of it...  

I did own a little Vail stock at one time, but would never buy there- way overbuilt for my tastes.  I do appreciate fine craftsmanship, however, wherever it is.  

Everybody loves to bitch about California, but there are no shortages of idiots (or idiotic laws) in other places- been to Denver lately?  

It always amuses me to hear comlaints about *our* laws, all the while completely ignoring all the regulations ya'll are forced to live with.

And we do end up with many of the dregs- why would people leave their homes and come to live in California if everything was just fine where they are?  It's only fair that we export some of it... [;D]

Enough of this thread hijacking...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#30]

It always amuses me to hear comlaints about *our* laws, all the while completely ignoring all the regulations ya'll are forced to live with.
View Quote

Okay, one last tiny bit of hijacking (or "conversational commandeering"). [;)] The Denver apparatchik is losing its collective mind over two laws Gov. Owens just signed into law. One makes for statewide "must-issue" standards for CCW and the other states that no municipality can have tougher gun restriction than the state itself, as outlined by our constitution. Suddenly, Denver starts screaming "home rule!" and is rallying the lawyer brigade. Heh, heh, heh. Bite me, Wellington.

Right after Columbine (forgive me, God, but I'm sick of hearing about frigging Columbine), Mayor Webb was doing some sort of emotionally manipulative "guns kill kids so ban them" rally when some brave soul shouted out about the Constitution. I will never forget hearing fat-ass Wellington Webb say, in public and on camera, "My people came here in chains! It ain't *my* constitution!" My wife and I just stared at the screen, slack-jawed. A popularly elected mayor of an American city disavowing any connection or loyalty to the U.S. Constitution *and* playing the victim card. Never forgave him, never stopped bringing it up in letters to the editors, never saw it mentioned again or my letters in print. Sickening.

Okay, another one of the hijackers is surrendering.... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Well I posted this over on pre-ban and I'll say it here. I might not be rich but I can afford a t-shirt from Mr. Barrett's website! I'm willing ot bet you  can too, let's show him some support.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well I posted this over on pre-ban and I'll say it here. I might not be rich but I can afford a t-shirt from Mr. Barrett's website! I'm willing ot bet you  can too, let's show him some support.
View Quote

Doin' it now.  I blew my 50 BMG rifle budget on an AR-50 but I can certainly afford some Barrett wearables.

I'm also composing a letter to Mark Westrom, President of ArmaLite, encouraging him to join Ronnie Barrett in refusing to sell his products to the Caliban.

[50]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Doin' it now.  I blew my 50 BMG rifle budget on an AR-50 but I can certainly afford some Barrett wearables.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.

I'm also composing a letter to Mark Westrom, President of ArmaLite, encouraging him to join Ronnie Barrett in refusing to sell his products to the Caliban.
[50]
View Quote

Now THAT'S a hell of an idea!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#34]
He has some pretty neat wearables.

[url]http://www.barrettrifles.com/accessories2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, one last tiny bit of hijacking (or "conversational commandeering"). [;)] The Denver apparatchik is losing its collective mind over two laws Gov. Owens just signed into law. One makes for statewide "must-issue" standards for CCW and the other states that no municipality can have tougher gun restriction than the state itself, as outlined by our constitution. Suddenly, Denver starts screaming "home rule!" and is rallying the lawyer brigade. Heh, heh, heh. Bite me, Wellington.

Right after Columbine (forgive me, God, but I'm sick of hearing about frigging Columbine), Mayor Webb was doing some sort of emotionally manipulative "guns kill kids so ban them" rally when some brave soul shouted out about the Constitution. I will never forget hearing fat-ass Wellington Webb say, in public and on camera, "My people came here in chains! It ain't *my* constitution!" My wife and I just stared at the screen, slack-jawed. A popularly elected mayor of an American city disavowing any connection or loyalty to the U.S. Constitution *and* playing the victim card. Never forgave him, never stopped bringing it up in letters to the editors, never saw it mentioned again or my letters in print. Sickening.

Okay, another one of the hijackers is surrendering.... [:D]
View Quote

Hey look at me [wave] I'm a hijacker!

I saw that too, but I hated that fat man way before that.  

You know I wonder how many Denver politicians are from California???  

I'm in for some Barrett items.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I just ordered a Barrett T-Shirt to thank Ronnie for standing up to the antis in Kali.  More gunmakers should follow his lead.

$17.50 delivered.  Money well spent.  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Would be nice if he could also make his M82A1 a bit cheaper, for us average joes.
View Quote

I just did a Group Buy and sold them for below dealer price. Where were you? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well seems CA won this one. This is exactly what the CA legislature wants. For all manufacturers to stop selling in CA.

Barrett is only hurting CA gun owners [:(] Can't say I support them for this. They should really fund to help gun owners repeal some of these laws.
View Quote

You missed it...

"Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, maker of .50-caliber rifles - which are used by the military, law enforcement and civilians - plans to strike back and [b]boycott sales to California government agencies,[/b] said company President Ronnie Barrett."

Which means while civilians can get them (before the bill becomes a law), government agencies cannot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#39]
THANK YOU Mr. Barrett!
That is a major symbolic atempt to help us people behind the lines. The legislators have been selling this gun control BS to the public and exempting the LE community. Our Sat. Nite Spl law has specific exemptions for LE as does our AW ban.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#40]
While I applaud Mr. Barrett for his statements, I really don't think the sole reason for his stand is 2A rights.   I really doubt that many state or local agencies are buying .50BMG guns, so he and his company don't really stand to lose that much $$$ by refusing any sales to them.  OTOH, civilian sales of .50BMG rifles continue to climb.  This is probably especially true in CA, where they are just about the "evilest" rifle one can now purchase.  People there are in "buy it because I can" mode - enthusiasts of military-style rifles are spending their $$$ on .50's since they can't really get anything else.  IMO, Barrett stands to lose alot more sales if civilian ownership of .50's is outlawed in CA than if they do decide to stop sales to state and local LE agencies.

I'd be much more impressed if Mr. Barrett threathened to abandoned his federal and military contracts.  While legislation against .50's isn't nearly as far along on a federal level, it is on the table.  He also states "Anybody that's anti-Constitution or anti-United States government, I don't do business with them."   Am I the only one that sees this as a sort of contradiction?  The only one to think that the US Government isn't exactly pro-Constitution themselves these days?

So... as I said, while I applaud Mr. Barrett for his statements and stand, I don't think that they go against his financial interests - he's not really playing the martyr as some seem to be implying.

Rocko
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#41]
i like it, i like it alot.  and as much as i hate to admit it, this is the FIRST time i've ever seen imbroglio type a damn thing i've agreed with.

and i tell you another thing.........im a poor SOB, i dont have a single dollar in my wallet at this point, but i tell you what..........i can damn sure put aside 10-15 bucks a week until i get up enough cash to buy a .50bmg from barrett, i did it to buy an ar-10 from armalite after all.  just think, at 20 dollars a t-shirt you can have a barret .50 in somewhere around 150 t-shirts [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Good for Ronnie Barrett. It'd be nice if other manufacturers followed.

One little thing, though. If Barrett sells to any suppliers or wharehouses, who then sell the products to the consumer, his quest to exclude certain entities from buying his products would be pretty much toothless.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I like the idea of Barrett simply refusing to sell firearms to states where civilians can't use them.
Would be nice if they could sell em to civilians, but then again the LE's there will be just getting their own straw-purchases done then.

NYC is another great state to stop selling firearms to. Even though I live here, I would like to see the look on the democraps faces when major gun corperations start refusing to sell here (IE: S&W, Colt, Glock; all the big names).

EDIT: JUST GOT AN IDEA!
Why don't all gun manufacturers only sell weapons that the state law's don't prohibit? IE: Nothing but basic semi-auto's(pistols, select rifles) in NY, versus anything in a place like AZ. With a contract that binds the buyer not to re-sell the weapon under any circumstances to an out-of-state buyer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote by Rocko:

While I applaud Mr. Barrett for his statements, I really don't think the sole reason for his stand is 2A rights. I really doubt that many state or local agencies are buying .50BMG guns, so he and his company don't really stand to lose that much $$$ by refusing any sales to them.
View Quote

Actually you are wrong, do a search.

First, most agencies in Kali feel they need everything up to and including ammored vehicles because of all those "assault weapons" out there. Remember when they went on a .50 rampage a few years ago because some gangs attempted to get a fifty? Well that is exactly why every Kali PD needs 20 of them.

Second, Ronnie recently took the LAPD to task for misrepresenting their products. The LAPD took one of their departments M82A1 and said that this was the kind of civilian weapon they were trying to ban (semi auto .50s of course were already illegal.)

Third, with the passing of a bill in Kali recently that will ban ALL civlian sales of .50 cals, agency purchases will be all that is left for him in Kali. He is literally burning his bridges.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Personally, I'd like to see gun manufacturers and distributors refuse to sell to city police departments who have engaged in lawsuits against them.  I mean, why would you want to do business with someone who sued you?

And if I were in charge, I'd cut off any distributor or dealer who sold to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top