Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 2:00:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
amen,
i wondered WTF that was all about?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Its monday, and people seem to be not working for yet another week, or people at work don't have to much to do today. I'm the latter.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
1 vote here to do away with the general forum completely and make this into an A#1 Firearms related site.

Let Jerry Springer and Ophra carry the General Topics load.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Or, make the forums pay-only.  Or restrict non-paying users to only 1 post per day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1 vote here to do away with the general forum completely and make this into an A#1 Firearms related site.

View Quote

Since we are voting,  I vote you go jump in a lake. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Since we are voting,  I vote you go jump in a lake. [:)]
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Or, make the forums pay-only.  Or restrict non-paying users to only 1 post per day.
View Quote

Okay, I just want to be the first to point out that [i]you[/i] are not a member. And if post were restricted add revenue would certainly go down.

I understand and agree with Goatboys point.  Him making a request to stop is all that is needed, [i]because we respect him[/i].  Any further action would only lead to chaos and resentment.

My .02 cents

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Sixty Bucks..... 5 dollars a month.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
The best part about ar-15 is that it is free. Don't charge money unless the site needs money to run.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I vote that you stay out of the General Forum completely and pretend it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, BOG.  No wonder folks enjoy picking on you.  You make it ssooo easy!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best part about ar-15 is that it is free. Don't charge money unless the site needs money to run.
View Quote

[rolleyes]

Rule One: Nothing worth having is free
View Quote

Crap, what am I going to do with this Model 94 30-30 my father gave me?
I had fun getting that gun out of the safe once in awhile. [>:/]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[rolleyes]

View Quote

Crap, what am I going to do with this Model 94 30-30 my father gave me?
I had fun getting that gun out of the safe once in awhile. [>:/]
View Quote

Sell it.  Purchase a Money Order in the amount of sale.  Send it to Goat Boy.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay, I just want to be the first to point out that [i]you[/i] are not a member. And if post were restricted add revenue would certainly go down.

I understand and agree with Goatboys point.  Him making a request to stop is all that is needed, [i]because we respect him[/i].  Any further action would only lead to chaos and resentment.

My .02 cents

Sgtar15
View Quote

Exactly! I'm going to pay to be a member anyway (ya, one of these days), but here is my point: Now that I'm hooked, if I had to pay to keep posting here, I would pay today.  

Point #2: AND GOATBOY THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT: Make is easy to pay!!  I don't even know how right now.  If there was a link that said "JOIN THE TEAM" and all I had to do was put in my credit card #, and presto! I was a paid member, I would do it today.

That's just me, but then I am a capitalistic money machine.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Exactly! I'm going to pay to be a member anyway (ya, one of these days), but here is my point: Now that I'm hooked, if I had to pay to keep posting here, I would pay today.  

Point #2: AND GOATBOY THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT: Make is easy to pay!!  I don't even know how right now.  If there was a link that said "JOIN THE TEAM" and all I had to do was put in my credit card #, and presto! I was a paid member, I would do it today.

That's just me, but then I am a capitalistic money machine.

View Quote

Look at your computer screen.  Read it like you would a book. At the upper left click on Membership.

Use Paypal, or God forbid! you have to sit down write a check and put a 34 cent stamp on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/index.html?sec=membership[/url]

Just do it - you know you want to! [:D]

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask and ye shall receive.

[url=www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/[email protected]&item_name=AR15.com+1+Year+Membership&no_shipping=1&no_note=1&a3=60.00&p3=1&t3=Y&src=1&sra=1&submit.x=119&submit.y=23]JOIN THE TEAM[/url]

Viper Out
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boy, ain't THAT the truth!...I had this girl once...oh, yeah, and a trip to the clinic...[;D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]
SteelViper, that link made me a member, thank you.

I was gonna type the same thing SNormon did, then I saw yiour link, 30 seconds later, I'm done.

Now, Goatboy, what do I need to do?

How do I get credit for this?  BTW the email address I put in is my work address, which I can get anywhere, the email addy in my profile is my home isp.

Wlewis
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Goatboy, this site is the damn best, and while I DO plan on becoming a PAID member, I have to get some other expenses out of the way first(Uncle Sam is all over my ass to pay up).
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

OHMIGOD.  what a fuckin' great idea!  [rolleyes]

newflash:  the site needs money to run.  hence, the banner ads, other advertisements, and opportunities for people to show appreciation for this site instead of mooching off the good graces of others.  (yeah, just like gun-owners keep the country safe, we paying members keep this site alive [well, we help anyway] for the rest of you guys who refuse to pony up.)

being that you're a [newbie], i wouldn't expect you to be familiar with the long discussions on whether or not to require payment for services rendered.

no offense to you personally, but it really chaps my hide when new people start criticizing the site.  suggestions would be one thing (although, i think it's a bit arrogant to join the party and then start telling everybody how you'd make it better, but that's another debate), but this "i know better than you" attitude is really annoying.

lucky for you all, GB is a lot more easy going than i am.  

and for those who use the "how to gain membership isn't obvious" excuse, ASK next time, okay?

[blue]okay, that was a little harsh.  sorry.  didn't mean it to come across that way.  was running a little overflow on "pissed off" because of another thread.  but the premise still remainds.  this site isn't free to operate, and we're damn lucky that it isn't a fee-for-use site.  sometimes i wish it were just to weed out the "undesirables" but then i'm glad it's not because, well, that would just suck major lollypop.  consider it a gift.  and when your finances allow and when you finally understand that you've received far more than you could ever repay in money or advice or sarcasm or humor, you'll realie that the membership option is worth far more than $60USD.[/blue]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#24]
well time to start saving

got to pay off my Credit cards first thu [:(]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#25]

You automatically get into the clubhouse once he activates your membership and your free supermodel should arrive about a week after that.
View Quote

Ahem, uh, GoatBoy? I never received my supermodel.

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

OHMIGOD.  what a fuckin' great idea!  [rolleyes]

newflash:  the site needs money to run.  hence, the banner ads, other advertisements, and opportunities for people to show appreciation for this site instead of mooching off the good graces of others.  (yeah, just like gun-owners keep the country safe, we paying members keep this site alive [well, we help anyway] for the rest of you guys who refuse to pony up.)

being that you're a [newbie], i wouldn't expect you to be familiar with the long discussions on whether or not to require payment for services rendered.

no offense to you personally, but it really chaps my hide when new people start criticizing the site.  suggestions would be one thing (although, i think it's a bit arrogant to join the party and then start telling everybody how you'd make it better, but that's another debate), but this "i know better than you" attitude is really annoying.

lucky for you all, GB is a lot more easy going than i am.  

and for those who use the "how to gain membership isn't obvious" excuse, ASK next time, okay?

[blue]okay, that was a little harsh.  sorry.  didn't mean it to come across that way.  was running a little overflow on "pissed off" because of another thread.  but the premise still remainds.  this site isn't free to operate, and we're damn lucky that it isn't a fee-for-use site.  sometimes i wish it were just to weed out the "undesirables" but then i'm glad it's not because, well, that would just suck major lollypop.  consider it a gift.  and when your finances allow and when you finally understand that you've received far more than you could ever repay in money or advice or sarcasm or humor, you'll realie that the membership option is worth far more than $60USD.[/blue]
View Quote

I realize that this site is worth $60 or more. This is why I sent them $100 shortly before they created "memberships", without getting any of the additional features. So before you climb on your soapbox, you should realise there may be some people here who have contributed more bucks to the site than many of the "paying members".
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow!! Thats probably the the first time I've seen ARLady cuss like that!! Good god!! The paint is peeling of the walls!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top