Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 8:14:37 PM EDT
Bon apetit SUCKER!!!!!!!!!! [img]www.shades-of-night.com/aviary/bwcrow3.gif[/img]

I could take this opportunity to gloat........so I think I will!! Hahahahahaha!!

Not only are the [b][green]Canes[/b][/green] #1, but [orange][size=1]Tennessee[/orange][/size=1] probably isn't even going to a BCS game!!!! They'll be lucky if they're ranked in the top 5!!!!!! Can you say the "Has-Been Bowl"? Holy shit I couldn't be happier!!!

Son, and I say that in the most humiliating sense, between your own foot and all that crow you just aint gonna be talkin much these days. That pouty mouth of yours just wont have room for much else, so yank that foot out and get ready for that crow you ordered, and after all the bullshit thats come out of your mouth, its a DAMN big crow! That's alright, we've heard enough from you in the past few days to last a while. Now just settle back and enjoy watching the Vagisil Bowl with Tenn and who-gives-a-damn. I'll keep you posted on the Rose Bowl, that's where the real men will be playing for the national title.

[b]Thank you [size=4][b][purple]L[/purple][yellow]S[/yellow][purple]U[/PURPLE][/B]!!!!!!!![/size=4]

[size=6][green]MIAMI[/green][orange]HURRICANES[/orange] #1[/size=6]

P.S.- Can anyone remember an instance, ever, where one person was so completely full of shit as Garandman and this whole Tennessee thing? Oh my god, I'm laughing myself to sleep tonight as I count LSU Tigers jumping over the dead bodies of Tenn. Volunteers!! Thanks G-Man[B)], you really are a funny little guy!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Only bad things about that game are that now Nebraska will get to go to the Rose Bowl and they sure as hell do NOT deserve to.  Plus, their running game scares me much more than Tennessee's did.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You 2 are from Fla, right???
After this past election, you think I trust the way you guys count enough to believe the end score???

Just kidding, LSU deserved the win with the unfocused way the Vols played.

Don Out
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Rik....

I hear your points...and agree to some extent. I'm not worried, the Canes will do just fine. Plus, it's not definate that Nebraskas the one.

Just take this opportunity to enjoy what L.S.U. just did to Tenn. I know if anyones been around for Garandmans babbling, you have. Come on, just admit it once and I wont bring it up again, didn't you LOVE seeing L.S.U. beat those guys? I know you did!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hehe, what was most fun was watching the UT fans in the stands with their beer bellies and boufont hairdos sitting there in pastel orange and pouting while LSU scored the final TD...
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hehe, what was most fun was watching the UT fans in the stands with their beer bellies and boufont hairdos sitting there in pastel orange and pouting while LSU scored the final TD...
View Quote

That [b][i]WAS[/i][/b] pretty funny, but then I'm a transplant from Texas, and KNOW that UT stands for "University of Texas", and that burnt orange is the proper shade...

btw, it was well before the final TD....
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
As an ALABAMA fan I was on the sidelines but it's been a long while since I've seen a team WANT to win like LSU did.
Some great football and LSU's desire brought it home.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#7]
LS Who?.........LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat shit Vols Fans!  How does it feel?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only bad things about that game are that now Nebraska will get to go to the Rose Bowl and they sure as hell do NOT deserve to.  Plus, their running game scares me much more than Tennessee's did.
View Quote
Agree completely!!!  They didn't even win their conference with an easy schedule.  The team that SLAUGHTERED them won't even get the chance to go.  We need a playoff system where when you lose during the playoffs, you are out and you have to win your conference to play for the title.  Their are enough major conferences to fill an eight to ten team field in the existing major bowls and rotate the championship game throughout the same major bowls.   Under such a system, Nebraska would be out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Damnit, why is CROW so hard to swallow?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
What...no reply from the g-man???

I guess he has not heard of the saying,

[blue] [size=4] [i]"The one who laughs last, laughs the loudest!"[/blue] [/size=4] [/i]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What...no reply from the g-man???

I guess he has not heard of the saying,

[blue] [size=4] [i]"The one who laughs last, laughs the loudest!"[/blue] [/size=4] [/i]
View Quote

ANd there is STILL another game to be played.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:26:24 AM EDT
[#12]
NO QUESTION Tennessee choked. They looked and played Terrible. I've seen too much by Tennessee this year to think they were a national championship caliber team.

By my point was that NEITHER is Miami. As far as these Big East teams in the national championship game, I have two words for you.....

Virginia Tech

'nuff said.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, you got...like....ISSUES.

Its one thing to dislike the coaches, or the players. But when you start disliking the other teams fans, you GOTTA try to get a life, man.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As far as these Big East teams in the national championship game, I have two words for you.....

Virginia Tech

'nuff said.
View Quote

Between the fact that not only did the Canes beat Virginia Tech, but V.T. finished the year a meager 8-3(just behind Syracuse who Miami destroyed), you truly are a very confused little guy aren't you? [whacko]

Plus, I gotta agree with Rik, the Tenn fans were a sorry and unsightly looking group of sad sacks[%|], no doubt about that.

So, how's that crow you're so fond of bringing up? Tastey? Didn't think so.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Between the fact that not only did the Canes beat Virginia Tech, but V.T. finished the year a meager 8-3(just behind Syracuse who Miami destroyed), you truly are a very confused little guy aren't you? [whacko]

[;)]
View Quote

You've really got NO idea what I'm talking about, do you???

Here's my original statement....

As far as these Big East teams [size=4]in the national championship game[/size=4], I have two words for you.....

Virginia Tech
View Quote

Re-read that a few times, give it some thought, and then get back to me.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
By my point was that NEITHER is Miami.
View Quote

So in other words, you HAVE NO POINT.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dude, you got...like....ISSUES.

Its one thing to dislike the coaches, or the players. But when you start disliking the other teams fans, you GOTTA try to get a life, man.
View Quote

That's your opinion.  In my experience, the obnoxious fans of some schools, particularly the bandwagon fans, are enough reason to dislike them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if YOU have any idea of what you're talking about...
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if YOU have any idea of what you're talking about...
View Quote

Gee, what a surprise....

RiWriter [size=6]NOT[/size=6] responding to the substnce of my post.

Just charachterizing me as a person.

You are like a journalist or columnist or something, right?? Do you dodge issues like this and attack people professionally, or is this just a special persona you put on for us here at AR15.com???

[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I re-read it......and you're still an idiot.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I re-read it......and you're still an idiot.[;)]
View Quote

So I take it you have "No Comment" about a few years ago when the much hailed Virginia Tech WITH Michael Vick got EMBARRASSED in the National Championship game?

Typical.

I had higher hopes for you than I did for Rik. But alas, unfounded apparently. [}:D]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's a little puzzle for you garandman....

What does Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, Florida, Maryland and Illinois all have in common?

They're ALL ranked higher than Tennessee[BD].

Oh and did I mention THANKS [img]espn.go.com/i/ncaa/clubhouses/logos/99.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's a little puzzle for you garandman....

What does Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, Florida, Maryland and Illinois all have in common?

They're ALL ranked higher than Tennessee[BD].

]
View Quote

And they SHOULD be.

And about Jan 4, many of them will ALSO be ranked higher than Miami. You heard it here first.

[}:D]

BTW, don't thank LSU. They bought you a date with Nebrasky. Y'all woulda been MUCH better off with Tennessee.

Unlike SOME of you, I can tell reality from fantasy with regard to my favorite team. Your Miami fantasy world will be ROCKED in about 3 weeks.

And if I'm wrong, I'll be the FIRST to give Miami their due. But, I doubt I'll be wrong.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And if I'm wrong, I'll be the FIRST to give Miami their due. But, I doubt I'll be wrong.
View Quote

Why do you doubt it?  After all, you've been wrong consistently about most other things...
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do you doubt it?  
View Quote

I'll type it S-L-O-W-L-Y for you, Rik, cuz apparently you didn't "get it" the first three times I said it.

[size=6] BECAUSE OF THE SHELLACKING THE LAST BIG EAST TEAM TOOK IN THE TITLE GAME (sic  Virginia Tech)[/size=6]

And that VA Tech team is arguably a better team than this Miami team.

Was that slow enuf for you??

Further -

Nebraska has been involved in more big games than Miami has. That means big game experience  for Nebraska players. Miami's "big game" was a near loss to BC. [rolleyes]

Also, Nebraska is coming off a loss. They are pissed. And they are gunning for you.

Yikes....never has my sig line been truer than with you, my friend....

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Mark, none of the statements you've made have any accuracy or relevance.  Miami has played just as many big games as Nebraska, and more this year: Nebraska played two good teams this year and lost to one of them.  
Virginia Tech's loss was FOUR YEARS AGO, to perhaps the best FSU team to ever take the field.  And no, that VT team was not even close to being as talented as this Miami team.
So, in sum, you seem to know as little about college football as you do about paleontology and history.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Rik -

Let's talk on Jan.4.

Nuff said.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rik -

Let's talk on Jan.4.

Nuff said.

View Quote

Actually no, your statements remain false no matter what happens January 4th.  There is always the possibility that Nebraska is a better team than Miami, but they have not proved it on the field as yet.  Their schedule is weaker than Miami's...check their opponents.
And no matter what happens January 4th, anyone with a smidgen of common sense would know that VTech's loss FOUR YEARS AGO to a great FSU team has no bearing on it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And no matter what happens January 4th, anyone with a smidgen of common sense would know that VTech's loss FOUR YEARS AGO to a great FSU team has no bearing on it.
View Quote

Yeah, another Big East team with a cream puff schedule allowing them to go undeafeated and to the National Championship game where they  got CRUSHED [b]ONLY [/b]four years ago.....

has no bearing on....

Miami, a BIg East team, who played a cream puff schedule that (just BARELY) allowed them to go undefeated and to the National Championship game.....

WHERE THEY WILL GET CRUSHED.

yeah, i see what you mean. NO correlation whatsoever.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes, quite obviously you are incapable of understanding that where a team stood FOUR YEARS AGO has no bearing on where they stand currently.
FSU was the best team in the nation FOUR YEARS AGO...today, they are barely ranked.  Kansas State was a national title contender FOUR YEARS AGO...today, they are unranked.  Miami was horrible, stuck with little talent due to probationary restrictions, FOUR YEARS AGO.
So no, Mark, despite your little fantasy, what a team was four years ago has little or no bearing on where they are today.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#31]
The POINT Rik, is that the Big East conference as  a whole is a JOKE.

Its as much of a joke today as it was four years ago.

The best team in the conference from four years ago got crushed.

The best team in the conference this year will get CRUSHED.

THAT is the point. A point that you are not incapable, just unwilling, to see.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#32]
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

[50]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, I see, then you HAVE no point.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, I see, then you HAVE no point.

View Quote

Tell ya what -

Go find some unbiased quotes from the sports talking heads that rank teh Bigeast anywhere in teh Top 5 conferences in the country.

The ONLY reason the Big East would even make the Top 20 conferences in the country is becasue of the existence of Miami. And THEN only because of Miamis sometimes merciless pummelling (other time BARELY defeatingg) of the other Big East patsies.

The SEC is such a strong conference, they had to make TWO conferences out of it. And theres better conferences out there this year than the SEC.

Like I say, Jan. 4 will tell the tale. From what I can tell, EVEN YOU know Miamis gonna get a good ol' fashioned horse whipping.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top