Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2002 12:59:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Veterans have lived with the govt.s broken promises for as long as anyone can remember...
Its a wonder anyone fights for the govt...
I wouldnt...
I would fight for my friends and neighbors
and my kids..and my wife..and my home..
But not for the Govt...
Its just that a guy hope his friends and neighbors would come down on the Govt for his sake after the battle is over..
sad commentary...
Once upon a time in this country a former commander ( Blackjack Pershing...ordered his men including Lt McArthur and George Patton) to charge and attack a group of wounded disabled blind and paralyzed vets in wheelchairs..their wives children and parents..
The Govt killed several of these Benefit Protestors who were trying to hold their Govt accountable..to the promises made..nothing more..
[url]http://wappingersschools.org/JohnJayHS/students/ap/ap33/[/url]
[url]http://wappingersschools.org/JohnJayHS/students/ap/ap33/[/url]

Raf brought to my attention that Gen Pershing was not directly involved in this matter..
McArthur was in fact in charge and did most of the dirty work..to the very same men who served under him during the war....
Patton and Eisenhower were also involved.
Gen "Blackjack" Pershing was of course the commander of US forces during WW1
These were his boys..on both sides of the Bonus issue...
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The irony of this is all the screaming and hollering you hear to give everyone else free medical care. [:(!]

As the saying goes, "Old soldiers and dogs, keep off the grass." [V]

A sad day indeed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Shameful.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with 9dive.  After the Bonus Marchers, I think it was pretty clear how 'the government' feels about the people who serve it.  Uncle Sam has a mouth full of gimme and then the cold shoulder when anyone comes to collect on their end of the deal.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya know, they had to wait until these Men of Honor were no longer able to defend themselves before they made their fateful decision.  

What a bunch of lying cowards!

I'm not surprised though.  Just terribly disgusted and saddened.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#7]
The way our government treats our veterans is utterly disgraceful.  The Federal government has a long history of screwing its veterans and/or their widows.  Just look at some of the Civil War widows that were fighting to get their pensions well into the 1890's.  Agent Orange is another classic example of our government's treatment of veterans.  

In Desert Storm the U.S. had approximately 700,000 troops in the field and approximately 200,000 were affected with various illnesses.  The Federal government resisted, and in some cases are still resisting, these same veterans the benefits rightly due to them.  

I guess the real problem is that the military follows a code of honor and it demands that its members follow that code.  Most of the politicians in Washington D.C. have not a clue about such things as honor, duty to country, and integrity.

These are the same people that sent our military off to fight in Southeast Aisa and then sat down to debate the morality of their decisions.  

They only recognize our veterans two days per year, and they only do that because they are in front of a camera.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top