Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 7:54:03 AM EDT
I am surprised no one is posting again about the number of lurkers we will be getting.

To the posters who think it is JUST the internet and it doesn't matter. Your are wrong every stupid,redneck,dumbass comment you make about the murder or the situation that has plagued the DC area is is seen by Hundreds if not thousands of people.

If you would not say it to your coworkers or your friends,wife,mom this is not the time to say it to the world.

Please don't hide behind "nobody knows it's me it's the internet" Use a little common sense.

This will pass in due time and then the silly shit can begin a again.

If you agree with this please keep it bumped to the top with a [b] BTT[/b]

Please dont flame me. I didnt want to say it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
agreed - well said
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I totally agree.  If we stay negative what do you expect to happen?  Keep it together people.  Just think of how people will react once they have found out that this was a second terrorist attack?  We need to help out.  We ( gun owners ) need to do our civic duty and help the people out in maryland if we can.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree too.

I think everyone is just upset because of the events.

As AR owners we are subjected to disproportionate, unreasonable biases and are a constant target.

It doesn't matter to some people if any semi-auto rifle is used less than 1% of firearms related crime.

I try to be optomistic, maybe at some point people will wake up and see that criminals don't comply with laws no matter how good they make you "feel".

As has been said before,
"If criminals complied with laws, they wouldn't be criminals"
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I totally agree.  If we stay negative what do you expect to happen?  Keep it together people.  Just think of how people will react once they have found out that this was a second terrorist attack?  We need to help out.  We ( gun owners ) need to do our civic duty and help the people out in maryland if we can.
View Quote

So true!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Agreed.  Everyone please stay calm.  We have weathered much worse than this (think Columbine) and we will weather this one as well if we keep the faith and keep our heads clear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Very well said!
I'm so tired of the racial "slant" comments made on the forum. Then when someone slams that comment those guilty cry that the forum is going "PC". What a crock. If you don't beleive me just read the comments made about the captured sniper (murderers) suspects. [flame]

[):)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everybody stay calm.  We have weathered much worse (think Columbine).  We can weather this one.  Talking points:
a)  Focus on the killer and his crimes, not on the weapon that he used.  What was his motive?
b)  Point out that he has likely already broken several gun control laws, non of which appeared to stop him.
c)  Ask if it makes any more sense to attack the weapon that he used, than to attack his religion, his race, his car.
View Quote

Quoted from the other thread. I think it is worth posting here as well.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]
[b]What a bunch of "Chicken Littles" we've got around here.[/b]

Yup, MSNBC is saying the rifle is a Bushmaster.  I haven't seen a reference to anything significant about this except that it shoots .223.

On the other hand, look at this:
Several federal sources told the Seattle Times that Muhammad and Malvo may have been motivated by anti-American sentiments in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks. Both were known to speak sympathetically about the men who hijacked the jetliners that crashed in near Washington and in New York and Pennsylvania, the sources said.
View Quote

I don't think the memory of 9/11 is [i]THAT[/i] far behind the country.  I believe that THIS FACT is what will stick in most people's minds.  These guys were anti-American muslim whackos... PERIOD.

Add to our "talking points" that: [b]Our current law enforcement methods and people WORKED EFFECTIVELY to solve this crime.[/b]  I think we can all be thankful for that.  We don't need MORE LAWS that purport to prevent such things from happening (as though this were remotely possible.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Carbine_man,

I tend to agree with you.  While the media will inevitably focus on the gun, the rest of the country will focus on the perps and what made them tick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
btt
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Talk about Lurkers, just saw there is 1200 "guests" on site!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Good thing he didn't have a bayonet lug on that rifle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#16]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
BTT

[B)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
BTT

[B)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Does this mean nobody will get mad at the moderators for actually doing their job and curbing racist topics, offcolor remarks, etc...?? Riiiiiiight.

[:D]

We will persevere. We didn't hurt anyone with our guns, we absolutely don't condone it, and we sure don't appreciate being lumped in with anyone who did/would.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]
"I think everyone is just upset because of the events."

I hope so, all of us should be upset that Human Life was taken for no reason. We are all going to be in the sights of Anti's. Has I posted in another topic. I wore my Bushmaster T-Shirt today. Stopped in a Nathans to eat. While on line some one walks up to me and calls me a murderer.

Let the media make the remarks about his race and his political beliefs. They do it without the hatred and sarcasm being put into posts here. If they do they are no better than those who say that. I take offence to some of the racial statements, because you are also talking about my Wife & Children with racial overtones.
What we need to show now is our ability to stand and show the world THAT IS NOT US. that there are EVIL PEOPLE not EVIL GUNS. We need to show we are not nuts and do not condone what this guy did. We could express our thoughts about how this guy thought and why he did what he did, but do not say things like Ebonics or that’s why they kept Chief Moose in charge. That is slander and understand this site is also my home.
I want all those lurkers to understand that is not who we are. I am pissed constantly hearing Bushmaster or .223. When I was called a murderer you have no idea how I felt. I was called that for protecting my Country at one time.

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#21]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Doin' my part and doin' tha bump...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#23]
btt
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#24]
btt
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#26]
[beer]

What a great night
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
-just want to...

"bump".. you up!

[^]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#28]
BBT
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#29]
bump
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#31]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#32]
[size=3]TACK THIS PUPPY![/SIZE=3] btt
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#33]
All of the hysteria and wanton bloodlust depicted here is all of the more reason that there should be stricter controls on the civilian possession of firearms.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#34]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#35]
just doin my part...BTT
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#36]
[b][size=6]B[/b][/size=6]eat [b][size=6]T[/b][/size=6]he [b][size=6]T[/b][/size=6]errorists
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#37]
People need to watch their comments when they go and post in other places too.  If you go to a fluff site and start talking about dying for your guns then you are immediately turning off most of the people that you are trying to reach.

The thing is that you aren't trying to reach the hard core antis, they aren't going to change their mind.  If you are really trying to convince someone and not just flapping your gums, then you should aim your comments at the moderate viewers.  

Be calm, use facts and logic and be polite.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#38]
btt
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Did you ever consider that it might be some of Sarah's Brady Bunch that are coming here to post inflammatory comments in an effort to make us look bad?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm new here so I can tell you we sometimes are all asses ,but kinda hard to say when!  But I agree now is not the time to be so!  Much thought should be used before saying anything  politicaly incorrect as Jessie Jackson will do it for us!

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you agree with this please keep it bumped to the top with a [b] BBT[/b]...
View Quote

OK, [b]BBT[/b]  

(is that the new secret code word[;D])
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#42]
We would all benefit in many ways by striving to keep the posts, all posts, above board in all respects.  

Rather than demean and belittle those of the opposite persuasion, offer them explanations, examples, information sources, statistics, etc.

Many people are uneducated and uninformed as to the dangers which might adversely affect them.

They use a method of thinking that automatically classifies guns as bad and they are actually done a disservice by the various anti-gun organizations.

Have they been educated as to how severely a large dog, rottweiler, pit bull, shepherd, collie, lab, could injure and maim and kill, especially a child.

Has anyone showed them the dangers of personal attacks and home invasions will increase as the number of drug addicts increases and they rob and steal to feed their addictions.

Also, how many are raped and do not know what the dangers are?  Is is better to be raped or to defend one's life?

Rape is not just an assault anymore, but a game of Russian Roulette, which can infect women with
AIDS and death at the worst to herpes and/or venereal warts which are incurable and could easily destroy a woman's childbearing abilities.

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you agree with this please keep it bumped to the top with a [b] BBT[/b]...
View Quote

OK, [b]BBT[/b]  

(is that the new secret code word[;D])
View Quote

It must be so secret I forgot to inform myself.[;D]

Thank you, I have edited the post to meet the high standards of the readers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top