Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2001 9:37:49 AM EDT
Got a pitch on a policy by a representative for an outfit called Alliance for Affordable Services. Sounds like they've got a lot to offer (of course), and they'd be around $220/month. My current provider is going up to $285! Anyone have any input? TIA [:)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#1]
that's what I have... the rates are impossible to beat, you get a prescription card, choice of doctors, but can only use recommended dentists.

I saved about $400 last year over my last plan.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
By any chance, do they have a website?  Guess I'll just go search Google...

[url]www.affordableservices.org[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to sell a competing product.  Problem is is that companies with low first year premiums usually have high rate increases in future year

Look at a company called John Alden Life Insurance-- great health plan and great customer service
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I'm paying $859/month to keep my Aetna-PPO through COBRA. This is for myself, the wife, and family (as many children as you have). I think I'm getting reamed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I've heard of a group called the N.A.S.E.(National Assoc. of the Self Employed). They supposedly offer a whole lot to self employed folks. [url]http://www.nase.org/[/url]

You can get all sorts of benefits, including health & life insurance...this link goes to that page.
[url]http://www.nase.org/nase_benefits/health_benefits.asp[/url]

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
mattja, that's about what I'm paying per month with Aetna for my wife and I (we're in our early 70's).  Depending on your and your wife's medical situation, that might not be out of line.  Of course, you wont' know until you get quotes.z

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
In my previous post, I mentioned that I sold a competing product... It was NASE, the National Association of the Self Employed.]

I quit because they low balled the first year, then decreased benefits and increased premiums often after the first year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top