Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#1]
They do for people in states that forbid SBR's
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Fun, which is really the primary purpose of most guns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.
<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/dab969/media/image_zps3628c1fd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/image_zps3628c1fd.jpg</a>
View Quote

I hope you know that looks disgusting.

I mean, hey, enjoy it and all, but damn.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Get home gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
yup helps outlaw AP rifle rounds..
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Less costly to SBR (well, more or less)

Can try it out and make sure it runs before getting a tax stamp for it, which is really the big benefit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#8]
They are a great way to enjoy your SBR while waiting for the stamp to come back. Shooting them as is can be tough, but you can always fashion a short sling and attach it to the rear of the receiver. push the weapon away from you to create tension and it makes a pretty stable shooting platform. SIG is great for that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Keeps the hearing aid industry healthy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice Hunting pistols
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup! They are fun and a great starting point for an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#12]

I SBRed one of the Sigs and it is a nice toy now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]

What sort of hack job barrel is that? It looks like a cut down Draco. Pics of gas piston, or what's left or it?

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
flamethrower
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What sort of hack job barrel is that? It looks like a cut down Draco. Pics of gas piston, or what's left or it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Micro draco
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Now we have to justify having certain types of firearms by proving their practicality?  

How about this: Enough people want them, therefore they exist.  Their practicality is their ability to satisfy the desire of those people to have one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I can leave a round in the chamber in a pistol in my vehicle in CO, not so with a rifle

Easy to SBR

Open carry?

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#18]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Well not with pussy mags
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]
holsters available?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#22]
They're easy to Form 1 into SBRs.

Other than that, no, outside of quaint local law idiosyncrasies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm building a 300 BLK pistol while I decide if I want to go through the trouble of SBRing it or not. I may or may not put a Sig brace on it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Put a sling on the back and push out.  They shoot fine that way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can leave a round in the chamber in a pistol in my vehicle in CO, not so with a rifle

Easy to SBR

Open carry?

View Quote

In some states you can only CCW a pistol.  Throw that bitch in a backpack and you become a Zen Mall Ninja.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I built/assembled an AR pistol because 1) I simply can and wanted to 2) Liberals hate them.

Why do we need to justify owning any gun?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now we have to justify having certain types of firearms by proving their practicality?  

How about this: Enough people want them, therefore they exist.  Their practicality is their ability to satisfy the desire of those people to have one.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Practical use seems dubious.

Maximum fun level... yes?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.
<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/dab969/media/image_zps3628c1fd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/image_zps3628c1fd.jpg</a>

Tag for pic of missing finger after it accidentally slips in front of muzzle (date TBD).
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Not for me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#31]
One member here has a great self defense story involving a Draco.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#32]

That poor AK. It's like a lowered ghetto truck with no room for any suspension travel.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Put a sling on the back and push out.  They shoot fine that way.
View Quote

CAA cheek weld and Thordsen buffer tube cover make a GREAT cheek weld, for your pistol... that doesn't have a stock
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, but only to get around stupid  federal and state laws. If not for those laws, this kind of firearm would not exist as everyone looking for a compact rifle/pdw would get something with at least a folding stock

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#35]
If they work they do.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I built/assembled an AR pistol because 1) I simply can and wanted to 2) Liberals hate them.

View Quote

No shit.

I have an M92. I plan to SBR it.

As far as blaming people who own them for the ban of AP ammo... let's leave the fault where it belongs; with the politicians who created the law.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#37]
An SBR is a Rifle, and therefore illegal to carry in the front seat loaded and uncased in my state.

A pistol, I can lay on the front seat.

The law doesn't specify if it's an AR-15 pistol or a PF-9.

Practical reasons are basically "use from or getting in and out of a car."
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No shit.

As far as blaming people who own them for the ban of AP ammo... let's leave the fault where it belongs; with the politicians who created the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

can we blame Olympic too?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

An SBR is a Rifle, and therefore illegal to carry in the front seat loaded and uncased in my state.

View Quote

Question is with such a short barrel, will your "rifle's" rounds have enough velocity to fragment reliably/properly inside soft tissue? I personally do not see a super short SBR as a respectable self defense weapon unless you specifically want the capability to perforate soft body armor. Without reliable fragmentation you're using a high capacity .22. I'd rather use a 9mm with Federal HSTs/Winchester Ranger/Speer Gold Dots if that's the case. Smaller and should provide more tissue damage. Maybe I'm ignorant though.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

C'mon man, no link?!?!
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Makes liberals cry, got to get my liberal tears from somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Question is with such a short barrel, will your "rifle's" rounds have enough velocity to fragment reliably/properly inside soft tissue? I personally do not see a super short SBR as a respectable self defense weapon unless you specifically want the capability to perforate soft body armor. Without reliable fragmentation you're using a high capacity .22. I'd rather use a 9mm with Federal HSTs/Winchester Ranger/Speer Gold Dots if that's the case. Smaller and should provide more tissue damage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question is with such a short barrel, will your "rifle's" rounds have enough velocity to fragment reliably/properly inside soft tissue? I personally do not see a super short SBR as a respectable self defense weapon unless you specifically want the capability to perforate soft body armor. Without reliable fragmentation you're using a high capacity .22. I'd rather use a 9mm with Federal HSTs/Winchester Ranger/Speer Gold Dots if that's the case. Smaller and should provide more tissue damage.

But can your 9mm handgun hit a target at 300 yards?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

This.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the round. 7.62x39 loses very little velocity from an M92 vs a normal AK barrel for example, so...it's perfectly viable in that short a package.

Now, 5.56...different story.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The probability that you'd need to hit a target in some sort of justified defensive situation at 300 yards is practically non existent.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

C'mon man, no link?!?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

C'mon man, no link?!?!

I pinged him. Maybe he'll show up.

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Question is with such a short barrel, will your "rifle's" rounds have enough velocity to fragment reliably/properly inside soft tissue? I personally do not see a super short SBR as a respectable self defense weapon unless you specifically want the capability to perforate soft body armor. Without reliable fragmentation you're using a high capacity .22. I'd rather use a 9mm with Federal HSTs/Winchester Ranger/Speer Gold Dots if that's the case. Smaller and should provide more tissue damage. Maybe I'm ignorant though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are you saying a 123g SST out of that 8" (appears to be around 8") barrel is similar to a .22lr?
ETA: or a 62g TSX (for the 556 offerings)
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't aware that inanimate objects, such as firearms, were capable of drafting,voting on, and signing into law legislation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Depends on the round. 7.62x39 loses very little velocity from an M92 vs a normal AK barrel for example, so...it's perfectly viable in that short a package.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He specifically mentioned an AR-15 pistol so I assumed 5.56.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top