Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:00:12 PM EDT
... In April of this year I proposed to marry a gal I thought I was in love with. Actually, I was in love and I still do care a great deal for her – but we’re incompatible as life partners go. So I called off the union in July to avoid promoting the façade any further

... Well, today (9/24/05) was to be our Wedding Day - it would have been my second

... Oh well, it’s a double-edged sword. At times I feel as though I’m the last bachelor on earth unable to find the right gal but on the other hand, it is so rewarding to actually be able to run your life and finances as you see fit

... It's all good
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You will find the one when you least expect it. It's the way it always works.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

... Well, today (9/24/05) was to be our Wedding Day - it would have been my second

It's still 9/23 over in AZ aint it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You're far from the last bachelor on ARFCOM.  I am very happy that you caught yourself before it was too late.  Enjoy life and do what you want to do!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, remember that it's better

(1) to want something you don't have than

(2) to have something you don't want!

Also, if it:

(1) floats,

(2) flies or

(3) fucks, it is cheaper to rent than to own.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's good to see that you're keeping a positive outlook.   You made the right choice.

+2

He's exactly right....good luck and don't EVER look back.

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow. I married the Devil himself, I think. I got divorced about 20 years ago and I'm still paying for that mistake.

I am not sure I will ever get married again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Doomed to walk the earth alone.

You'll find her someday.  She is dreaming about you right now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I've been damned if I do for 25 years.

I wouldn't mind a damned if I didn't for a short break

GM
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey WOLFY!  how YOU doing?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never even been that close to marriage, so I can relate -plus some- to the sometimes sinking feeling of being damned to eternal bachelorhood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top