Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 6:40:10 AM EDT
Just got my preban lower and need to put a collapsable stock on it. I was thinking about the RRA 6 position. Anybody had any experiance with one of these? Anybody got any opinions on any others? I going to put an M4 upper on it if that helps. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The Colt is really nice but expensive, about $130 these days.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
i recommend the expensivo Colt's 4pos 'true M4' stock as second choice.

personally, i like the new 'M4-style' stock like the RRA better for the longer drop from heel to toe (more like the fixed stock so it shoulders better).  the new 6pos gets you out to A2 length in the adjustments and everything in between.  oh yeah, it's MUCH cheaper.

scott out
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just got my preban lower and need to put a collapsable stock on it. I was thinking about the RRA 6 position. Anybody had any experiance with one of these? Anybody got any opinions on any others? I going to put an M4 upper on it if that helps. Thanks.
View Quote

I got an RRA 6-pos and love it. It feels very solid and is well made. Paid $65 for it brand new from Gunsmoke and like it better than the Colt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
personally, i like the new 'M4-style' stock like the RRA better for the longer drop from heel to toe (more like the fixed stock so it shoulders better).  the new 6pos gets you out to A2 length in the adjustments and everything in between.  oh yeah, it's MUCH cheaper.

scott out
View Quote

I will agree those newer ones are nice because they are more of a full height stock. But, everyone should know that there is absolutely nothing M4 about them. That's just something someone decided to call it to sell more of them.

As far as # of positions goes I have only ever used 2, full and collapsed. The others were just "there". 6 positions would be nice to have if you ever needed it, though unlikely. But better to have and not need, I guess.

My advice is to find one that looks to be good quality and the price is right. Plastic stock and metal buffer are a must. I think I bought mine for about $40 at a gunshow about 2 years ago and have not had so much as a problem with it. I might have even gotten a card from him but I can't remember. I will post his info if I find it.

Otherwise as was said the 6 pos. RRA are supposed to be good and affordable.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the Colt 4-position to the Bushmaster or RRA "New style" collapsable stocks. The origional style is somewhat smaller than the new "improved" ones. Just my .02

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top