Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2001 8:09:34 PM EDT
 William Sherman's only mistake in my book was not starting in El Paso. Kill'em all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I can think of a mistake your mother made. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
 William Sherman's only mistake in my book was not starting in El Paso. Kill'em all.
View Quote

Kill em all? Anyone in particular, or just all Southerners? Feel free to come on over to Georgia and try it yourself, starting with me. Email me if you want directions.

Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF are you talking about?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
There was no glory in this march, only burnt  farms and homeless families.  We should learn from history and not dwell on it.  Was this action necessary, I don't know.  I do know from the limited reading that I have done, on the subject, that civilians paid the price.  It is the age old question, of do the [b]ends[/b]  justifying the [b]means[/b] ??

I pray that a confict is never again fought on home soil.

OSA
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope hell!! We had better ot ever have another war on our own soil. Let Sherman's march be a lesson to the likes of any rebels. I tip my hat to the man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top