Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 8:09:16 PM EDT
BELGIUM: March 6, 2006

BRUSSELS - The European Commission on Friday proposed stricter rules to control the sale of firearms including a requirement that records be kept for 10 years on all arms sold.

The proposal concerns civilian arms, essentially for hunting or sports.
The European Union adopted legislation in 1991 on the control of the purchase and possession of weapons, but amendments are necessary to keep the EU in line with a United Nations protocol, the EU executive said in a statement.

"The tracing of firearms is vital in the fight against organised crime," said EU Enterprise and Industry Commissioner Guenter Verheugen.

Under current legislation, dealers must keep information on all firearms bought or sold for 5 years, including the type, make, model, calibre, serial number, and the names and addresses of the supplier and the purchaser.

The EU executive wants to extend the obligation to 10 years. Each country would be free to decide whether dealers or authorities would be responsible for keeping the records, an EU official said.

The proposal also aims to tighten existing obligations to mark arms at production, and to make sure the appropriate penalties are applied, the EU executive said.

The proposal must be approved both by EU ministers and the European Parliament.

REUTERS NEWS SERVICE  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Why the fascination with EU gun laws today?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy CRC, you are just going off on gun control tonight aren't you!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Control.

Remember, this is the group that says "You will vote on our constitution. And you will continue to vote until you say 'yes'".
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Because it is only a matter of time before we have to deal with them here
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I hereby declare war against the european peace mongrels, attempt to take my guns and Ill rape all of you with a wienerschnitzel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, since muslim immigration is going to destroy their societies within 20 years anyway, I say who cares.  Once Europe collapses into chaos these laws won't mean much of anything anyway.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, since muslim immigration is going to destroy their societies within 20 years anyway, I say who cares.  Once Europe collapses into chaos these laws won't mean much of anything anyway.

Only muslims will have firearms.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And skinheads.  It promises to be an interesting century.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a good thing Hitler isn't around today, I don't think he could cope with the paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's a good thing Hitler isn't around today, I don't think he could cope with the paperwork.

Naaaaahhhh! Documentation and massive amounts of paperwork were the trademark of  the Third Riech.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:31:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:38:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So who do you put your money on?
I'll bet on Islam. Way too crazy to lose.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:46:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't it 20 years here?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will probably team up like during ww2 and go for the jews.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naaaaahhhh! Documentation and massive amounts of paperwork were the trademark of  the Third Riech.

That's the point of my comment...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top