User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2005 7:17:54 PM EDT
Man allegedly had sex with guide dog
Tallahasseean charged with breach of peace
By James L. Rosica
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER
Jul. 15, 2005

Local prosecutors are apparently in a bind: How do they charge a blind Tallahassee man who has been accused of having sex with his guide dog?

Florida, like many other states, has no bestiality statute - that is, a law specifically prohibiting sexual contact between humans and animals.

So Alan Yoder, 29, originally was charged with felony animal cruelty, but court records show that charge was dropped last Friday and replaced with a misdemeanor - disorderly conduct.

Yoder now is charged with a "breach of the peace, by engaging in sexual activity with a guide dog," according to a court document.

One of two prosecutors on the case, Assistant State Attorney Owen McCaul, did not return a call Thursday. The other, Assistant State Attorney Stephanie Usina, said she could not answer specific questions, including explaining why the charge was lowered to a misdemeanor.

Yoder, reached by telephone Thursday, declined to be interviewed. James D. Varnado, his attorney, said he has filed a not-guilty plea on his client's behalf but declined to discuss details of the case.

"However lurid the allegations may be, we should resist a rush to judgment," he said.

Here's what happened, according to Tallahassee police reports:

Yoder, who lives in a local apartment complex, last month asked a female acquaintance to join him in a sex act with the dog, a male yellow Labrador named "Lucky."

She demurred, but later told a friend about it. That person called a social worker, who called police.

Investigators spoke to Yoder on June 16, who admitted performing certain sex acts with the dog, even going into detail with them, but denied doing others. He was arrested and booked June 22, charged with animal cruelty.

An animal-control officer took the dog to Dr. Sondra Brown, a veterinarian at Northwood Animal Hospital, who could not determine whether the dog had been sexually abused.

Warren Goodwin, who recently retired after 30 years as an assistant prosecutor, said he could not recall a similar case in Leon County.

Annemarie Lucas, a New York-based special investigator for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said sexual contact with animals "probably happens more than it's actually reported."

Bestiality - illegal in New York state - is "just not a natural thing," she said. "Animals can't consent ... They're probably fearful and in physical pain. It's like any kind of abuse.

"It's a cowardly act," added Lucas, who also appears on "Animal Precinct," a program on the Animal Planet cable-television network. "It's a domination thing, something an animal would never instigate."

Stephanie Shain, spokeswoman for the Humane Society of the United States, said her organization takes a similar position.

"It's doing something to an animal that they have an inability to stop," Shain said.

Last year, an Ocala man pleaded no contest to felony animal cruelty after being charged with having sex with his then-fiancee's female Rottweiler, according to the Pet-Abuse.com Web site.

A judge withheld adjudication and ordered five years of probation and a psychological evaluation. He also prohibited the 27-year-old man from "owning pets of any kind while on probation and from having unsupervised contact with other people's pets," the site said.

Contact reporter James L. Rosica at (850) 599-2304 or [email protected].

www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/12136222.htm
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What's up with these threads today?
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
He should have moved to Washington State

edit: lol fla doesn't have that law either.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
That is some of the sickest shit I have ever heard of.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
that vet ( Dr Sondra Brown) used to take care of my cat
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
that vet ( Dr Sondra Brown) used to take care of my cat

Hmmm... Does Dr. Brown specialize in animals who have "relations" with their owners?  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What's up with these threads people today?

fixed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Last year, an Ocala man pleaded no contest to felony animal cruelty after being charged with having sex with his then-fiancee's female Rottweiler, according to the Pet-Abuse.com Web site.

I'm guessing not his fiancee much longer after that!  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

...and why do we continue to click on them?  In hopes there will be a picture? Me, I'm just in it for the article.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"You only loved me for my dog!"

Reminds of a friend of mine who was blind. Minus the beastiality. He had an awesome sense of humor.

One time he sat down in an IHOP and waited for maybe fifteen minutes before someone came to take his order. When the waitress arrived, he said, "You sure took your own sweet time getting here. This always happens when I come here to eat. It's because I'm black, isn't it?"

It's too bad he couldn't see the look on the waitresses' face while she tried to explain that he wasn't black. It was about then that an actual black guy in the next booth over leaned across, put his hand on my friend's shoulder, and loudly declared to the waitress, "Man, you best get my brotha some pancakes, 'cause this homeboy gets cranky when he's hungry!"

Poor waitress almost died right then.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course not!

He dumped the fiancee for the Rottweiler.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sure as hell hope not!!  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Yoder, who lives in a local apartment complex, last month asked a female acquaintance to join him in a sex act with the dog, a male yellow Labrador named "Lucky."

That is really strange.............
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy that's no kidding...WTH is going on with all these people screwing animals?  

I guess I should have said..

What's up with the sudden media attention to beastiality?
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...and why do we continue to click on them? In hopes there will be a picture? Me, I'm just in it for the article.

Fine........................

Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like the blind feller really screwed the pooch when he let the cat out of the bag.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy that's no kidding...WTH is going on with all these people screwing animals?  

I guess I should have said..

What's up with the sudden media attention to beastiality?

It's the sensationalistic perversion of the month.

Next month it's back to pedophiles, followed  by kitchen appliance fetishists.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...and why do we continue to click on them? In hopes there will be a picture? Me, I'm just in it for the article.

Fine........................

www.rnzfb.org.nz/Images/bayleys_dog_200w.jpg

Oh crap!  Does this mean I have to put a BOTD (Bitch Of The Day) warning in the title?
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#22]
And this gentlemen is why prostitution should be legal
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#23]
damn furries.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I was a court clerk for about 6 years doing the Probably Cause docket in Houston. We would here all kinds of weird shit. One that always stands out was a guy brought in for Cruelty to Animals. He was busted porking his dog in his living room. He would bind it to the coffee table and get after it. The D.A. read the PC and said that the table was all clawed and scratched up from the poor dog/s trying to get away.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:38:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sounds like the blind feller really screwed the pooch when he let the cat out of the bag.

You need to work for Leno.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:45:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

why buy the cow when the milk is free.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

When that guy says he got lucky last night, he wasn't kidding......

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Poor guy was just asking the lady if he could get luck not hit Lucky.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:15:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Yoder now is charged with a "breach of the peace, by engaging in sexual activity with a guide dog," according to a court document.

I'm sure he didn't see anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Uh......... Thats just plain nasty~
I think I would have resorted to something else!

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why buy the cow when the milk is free pound puppies are free..

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#32]
It's sick to hear what people do anymore but in the end i'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#34]
What happend to just wacking off?
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Man allegedly had sex with guide dog

Quoted:
Last year, an Ocala man pleaded no contest to felony animal cruelty after being charged with having sex with his then-fiancee's female Rottweiler

I think these bitchs got what they asked for.  They will be screwed up for life now, and become out of control, spawning little dogg thugs that go around being sexual preditors like the mutt in " he, he, bite my vagina..."
J/k I guess my comments are uncalled for  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top