[#1]

Quoted:

The following is for historical referance:

Pain and Humiliation with Tar and Feathers

In Colonial America, Victims Included Houses and at Least One Horse

© Brian Deming

http://graphics.suite101.com/icon_article.gif Jul 25, 2009
[li]

Tarring and feathering will always be associated with the days leading to the American Revolution as a cruel tool for intimidation.

The practice of tarring and feathering was employed by opponents of British authority in America to intimidate and humiliate their enemies. Mobs that carried it out would seize the victim, daub tar on him, and then toss feathers over him. Frequently, such mobs would also load the victim on a cart and pull him through the town for everyone to see.

The victim suffered pain and humiliation, but deaths were rare. In at least one case, members of a mob about to tar and feather a man were talked into abandoning the plan out of concern the man might not survive the ordeal.

Pine Tar and Goose Feathers

Tar and feathers were both quite readily available in port towns. Pine tar was widely used around harbors to make ships, sails, and rigging waterproof. Goose feathers were used to stuff pillows, mattresses, and cushions.

Many assumed at the time that tarring and feathering was invented in colonial America. That, however, was not the case. Tarring and feathering occurred as far back as medieval times.

Americans probably learned of tarring and feathering by way of sailors who frequented Atlantic ports.

British Crackdown on Smuggling

Perhaps the first incident of tarring and feathering in connection with the colonists’ quarrels with Britain occurred in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1768. At the time, British authorities were imposing new duties on goods imported into the colonies and cracking down on smuggling to evade those duties. To punish a man who allegedly informed authorities about a smuggled cargo of molasses, a crowd in Salem "stripped him, then wrapped him in a Tarred Sheet, and rolled him in Feathers; having done this, they carried him about the Streets in a Cart, and then banished him from the town for 6 weeks."

News of that incident spread down the coast. Soon, groups that shared the same hatred for such informers seized upon the method of intimidation.

Victims were often partly or completely stripped. If the tar applied was hot, the victim’s skin would blister. But few reports indicate that the tar was heated before being applied. Also, in some cases, the tar was painted on over the victim’s clothes. Sometimes the victim was even permitted to wear a sheet or frock to protect his clothes. Hot or not, tar applied directly to the skin and allowed to dry would be difficult to get off. Sometimes, strips of skin would come off in the process of removing the tar.

The feathers from two pillows were about enough to cover a victim. In one incident, a feather mattress was cut open and dumped on a victim. In another case, members of a crowd repeatedly hurled a goose at their victim. In still another incident the feathers on the victim were set on fire.

Five-Hour Ordeal in Boston

In one of the cruelest tar-and-feather incidents, a man in Boston had his arm dislocated as he was stripped naked on one of the coldest nights of the year. Then over the course of five hours, he was not only tarred and feathered, but also carried through the town on a cart, beaten with clubs, whipped, forced to stand at the town gallows with a rope around his neck, and then forced to drink tea until he vomited.

In, Charleston, South Carolina, one tarring and feathering apparently ended with a lynching. A mob there seized a minister suspected of being an enemy. After tarring and feathering the man, they erected a gibbet, and then hanged the man.

Sometimes, crowds applied tar and feathers to houses of those who violated patriotic demands. On once occasion, a merchant found his horse tarred and feathered. In Monmouth County, New Jersey, a pamphlet critical of the Continental Congress was given a “suit of tar and turkey-buzzard's feathers” and nailed to a pillory post.

People on the other side of the quarrel also employed the tactic. British soldiers, annoyed with constant harassment on the eve of the war, tarred and feathered a Massachusetts man who illegally attempted to buy a gun from a soldier. They also forced him to wear a placard that read "American Liberty: a Speciment [sic] of Democrasy [sic]" and carted him around to the tune of Yankee Doodle.

Records indicate that crowds of patriotic women also applied tar and feathers. In Stamford Connecticut, women got word that a local mother had named her newborn after a former British commander. About 170 women gathered, marched to the mother’s house, and presented the mother “with a suit of tar and feathers.”

For Speaking Against Continental Congress

According to a contemporary newspaper report, women in Kinderhook, New York, who had gathered for a quilting bee, “tarred and feathered” a man for speaking against the Continental Congress. The “tar” they used was molasses. The “feathers” were the “downy tops of flags”—probably cattails—from a nearby meadow.

The practice of tarring and feathering continued long after the American Revolution and at least until 1835 when a man in Vicksburg, Mississippi, was tarred and feathered for disrupting a barbecue on the Fourth of July.

Sources:

Hulton, Ann, Letters of a Loyalist Lady, Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1927.

Irvin, Benjamin H., “Tar, Feathers and the Enemies of American Liberties, 1768-1776,” New England Quarterly, Vol. 76, No. 2, 2003.

Maier, Pauline, From Resistance to Revolution, New York, Vintage Books, 1974.

The copyright of the article Pain and Humiliation with Tar and Feathers in Colonial America is owned by Brian Deming. Permission to republish Pain and Humiliation with Tar and Feathers in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.

Read more: http://colonial-america.suite101.com/article.cfm/pain_and_humiliation_with_tar_and_feathers#ixzz0N8pTK7NG

Great post

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
justa bunch of angry white folks

at what point will your government listen to the people ?

and will the people they listen to be all the NEW voters who I am sure love all this as it is free .

our NSH works ok not perfect but ok and most of us still have private health care as added insurance

do you have any vids of a meeting at , shall we say a less prosperous place/ town/ city,

it would go like this .

1,we are giving you $4600 for that old pos car and will pay towards a new one .

answer ,,, yer yer yer yer we love you.

2. we are going to give you all free health care and tax the rich to pay for it .

answer,,, yer yer yer we love you

if johns mustache get any longer he will be one of the village people .

good luck lads .

john
o and fuck obama
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
We need to modernize.

Spray Adhesive and Packing Peanuts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, where can you get tar? I was thinking about this the other night, I just can't think of a place to find it.
Would driveway sealant work?

would work great, now where can we find a large source of feathers today?

Feathers are easy, any Craft store will have them.
http://www.joann.com/images/01/16/0/11606_z.jpg
Big Value Feathers $2.49 @ Joann Fabric

Screw that! I say we get them from the chicken house floor.

Lets go all the way............spotted owl feathers.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gets really nasty after the first minute....Congressman Tim Bishop in  Setauket, N.Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-erv1O2sU

I love the part at 3:00 where Bishop tries to use the VA as an example of Government Competence in Health Care and a Vet in the audience PWNS him.

"Have YOU ever used a VA Hospital?"

I would have loved to be there. I would have asked how my grandfather died of a heart attack, while in a VA hospital because of another heart attack.

hell, my wife had to do rotations in VA hospitals. They would go in for rounds in the morning and look at patients' charts that had normal vitals through the night.. Then they'd go see the patients...in rigor.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know exactly what is going through their minds in this video:

"Peasants"

Or "surfs"

Naw brah, not gnarly enough.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In one incident, a feather mattress was cut open and dumped on a victim. In another case, members of a crowd repeatedly hurled a goose at their victim. In still another incident the feathers on the victim were set on fire

A waste of a perfectly good goose.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

"Peasants"

or "pissants"

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We need to modernize.

Spray Adhesive and Packing Peanuts.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
he reminds me of the Joker when he talks
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will only believe that the tide is turning when I see some of these bastards get voted OUT of office.

Trouble is, by the time the election rolls around, things will calm down and the Serfs will happily and willingly vote every single one of them back into office.

There really needs to be a serious movement in this country - similar to the Tea Parties maybe - to just simply vote for someone else, anyone else fill washington with new blood.  I guaran-damn-tee you that Specter gets re-elected and goes right back next time, no matter how pissed people are now.

-Gator

I'm not so sure, I think the DemoRats are in some trouble. I could be wrong, but I think the People are starting to see the kind of Shit Sandwiches our Congressmen have been feeding us and are starting to grasp what is at stake here. Obama was NOT elected by a majority, he has no mandate. The House and Senate are enjoying the lowest approval numbers in history. Maybe the Dems were thinking that they could fix their approval problem by giving all current (and hopefully future) DemoRats the wonderful gift of Government Healthcare but couldn't resist putting all kids of skullduggery in it and now it is backfiring.

The Tea Parties and these Health Care Town Hall meetings tell me that the Democrats are in serious trouble this coming election. I think the real reason to rush off and get this passed is because they realize their goose is cooked and they need to free themselves up for other important Liberal agenda items while they have time before the elections.

All this is actually making me proud.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Where did he get his security detail, Goons-R-Us?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Peasants"

I don't kow who that lady was, but you could tell by her body language that she thoght she was talking to people who were not her equals.
Anf those "secret service" guys were looking pretty nervous too.

that was what i thought too...man, so blatant and disrespectful.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Congress... how does it feel when it's YOU (instead of the eeeevil Bushitler)?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gets really nasty after the first minute....Congressman Tim Bishop in  Setauket, N.Y

That was awsome!

yup

i pray this continues all the way to 2010.

that old vet layed the smackdown on that scumbag politician.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#17]
There are several assholes in the Senate, but Arlen easily cracks the top five.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ost for viewing at home since youtube is blocked at work.

This.  Stupid NMCI computers...

You too huh? Bastards!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Type for him to get sent out to pasture.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I just finished listening to Audio Clips of Obama regarding Health Care Reform - Basically he wants a Single Payer System with elimination of Employer Provided Health Care
Barney Frank also stated the same

Then I listened to old Audio of Obama promising to never raise taxes on the middle class and promises of Tax Cuts

Obama and Company's Budget will add 9 Trillion Dollars to the Deficit over the next 10 years - Insanity

So "Timmy The Tax Cheat " Geithner has vowed " We will do whatever it takes  " - Gee thanks for being so specific

We are so screwed

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
This is why OB was driving to get this passed by the Aug. recess.  They KNOW the Congresswhores will hear about it when they go home (unless it's Sen. Bayh of IN.  He NEVER goes to Indiana.)

I was kind of disappointed that the Tea Parties didn't continue but this may be a substitute.

Good videos.

TC
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will only believe that the tide is turning when I see some of these bastards get voted OUT of office.

Trouble is, by the time the election rolls around, things will calm down and the Serfs will happily and willingly vote every single one of them back into office.

There really needs to be a serious movement in this country - similar to the Tea Parties maybe - to just simply vote for someone else, anyone else fill washington with new blood.  I guaran-damn-tee you that Specter gets re-elected and goes right back next time, no matter how pissed people are now.

-Gator

Exactly. All that congress will have to do is keep things quiet for a while and it will all be forgotten about by the time elections roll around.

How many congress critters voted for the bailouts and got re-elected?

that has been the past, but w/ all the information online w/ youtube maybe this shit will stick for a while longer.  people will hopefully not forget as quickly when it can be brought up quickly by a coupld simple searches

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"Peasants"

I don't kow who that lady was, but you could tell by her body language that she thoght she was talking to people who were not her equals.

Anf those "secret service" guys were looking pretty nervous too.

that was what i thought too...man, so blatant and disrespectful.

We should feel sorry for the .gov, they have been working "hours" on this (her words).  What does she want, that's their fucking job.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Plain & simply - people are sick and tired of all this crap!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The funny thing is, the msm is calling all of these town hall meeting protests as being done by paid protestors by the insurance or some other corporate lobby.

What they don't realize, was that before, most of us didn't have time to take off of work to do these things.  They DON'T realize that we, the producers, are fed up, and will be in their face at every opportunity, because it has now become clear, that, as of now, it's more in our economic interest to let these fuckers know that if they continue down this path, than to not take that day off from worlk, and  it will mean the end of America.

Too many intelligent folks I know have the same opinion as me.  I will quit being a producer of wealth and taxes when the .gov gets more of my money from my labor than I do.

I will become a parasite.  And trust me, I have 2 of 4 sisters, plus the offspring of those 2, who are professional parasites.  I can learn how to survive on much less, very quickly.

I wonder how long those Vietnam Vets that got suckered into AARP by the promise of discounts on everything, will sit by and let this continue.

I predict that enough of these folks, who served their country in very trying times, will start to realize that the same folks who spit on them when they returned home, are the same ones trying like hell to kill America.
I predict they will take up arms, alone or in small groups, and take out their revenge.  They have nothing to lose, as they will be part of the first group to be rationed.  The elderly. When someone gets fuckedover enough, they will react.  When that someone has combat experience, has already paid the entry fee (first one costs ya, the rest are free), they will have no problem killing the new enemies of America.

TXL

Gee, You would have thought that our illustrious leaders would have tried to effectively disarm us before they tried to screw us.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The funny thing is, the msm is calling all of these town hall meeting protests as being done by paid protestors by the insurance or some other corporate lobby.

What they don't realize, was that before, most of us didn't have time to take off of work to do these things.  They DON'T realize that we, the producers, are fed up, and will be in their face at every opportunity, because it has now become clear, that, as of now, it's more in our economic interest to let these fuckers know that if they continue down this path, than to not take that day off from worlk, and  it will mean the end of America.

Too many intelligent folks I know have the same opinion as me.  I will quit being a producer of wealth and taxes when the .gov gets more of my money from my labor than I do.

I will become a parasite.  And trust me, I have 2 of 4 sisters, plus the offspring of those 2, who are professional parasites.  I can learn how to survive on much less, very quickly.

I wonder how long those Vietnam Vets that got suckered into AARP by the promise of discounts on everything, will sit by and let this continue.

I predict that enough of these folks, who served their country in very trying times, will start to realize that the same folks who spit on them when they returned home, are the same ones trying like hell to kill America.
I predict they will take up arms, alone or in small groups, and take out their revenge.  They have nothing to lose, as they will be part of the first group to be rationed.  The elderly. When someone gets fuckedover enough, they will react.  When that someone has combat experience, has already paid the entry fee (first one costs ya, the rest are free), they will have no problem killing the new enemies of America.

TXL

Gee, You would have thought that our illustrious leaders would have tried to effectively disarm us before they tried to screw us.

My wife was asking me last week if we'd actually benefit more by me quitting my job, and staying home, home-schooling my kids and drawing wellfare...
It's not quite going John Galt, but is certainly a different approach.
I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that...
If taxation becomes excessive, I may reconsider though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
It will be a cold day in hell

Hell
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#28]
So the roofing tar you buy at Home Depot in a 5 gallon bucket, is it liquid at room temperature? Or do you have to heat it up?

The last time I saw honest to God pine tar, it was in a feed store for livestock use only. But it really wouldn't matter given the nature of these folks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe get someone to tape this next time that doesnt have palsy or something damn!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Man these are great vids.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting on the return of the rotten tomato to American political discourse.

I vote for tar and feathers

Incremental steps.......just like they do to us.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck Spectre, that Ira Einhorn defending bag of puss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Einhorn
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So the roofing tar you buy at Home Depot in a 5 gallon bucket, is it liquid at room temperature? Or do you have to heat it up?

The last time I saw honest to God pine tar, it was in a feed store for livestock use only. But it really wouldn't matter given the nature of these folks.

Strike through circle on the "representatives" campaign sign done in tar&feathers would be a nice touch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Contact cement is liquid at room temps.  I'm just saying.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting on the return of the rotten tomato to American political discourse.

I'll second that. But only if you include being run out of town on a rail..

I vote for flaming bags of shit....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good!

They'd better start fearing us.

No.

BAD!

That they ever STOPPED fearing us!  

What's needed is to start throwing rotten tomatoes covered with tar and feathers,  and set on fire.

Yes this is true.... And I think a reality check is going to be given to unruly attendants by one of the congress critters and it's goon squad at a town meeting....

And when this happens this could be the shot heard around the world.......

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That old vet lit into his ass.....

Watching that vid gives me a little light of hope for this country....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Yawns... pulls reloading press handle... <sigh>....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contact cement is liquid at room temps.  I'm just saying.

now would be the time to pick up a couple extra five gallon buckets of driveway sealer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The boiling point is near...

From your lips to God's ears.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#41]

For this operation Ian Kelby
had selected from his seldom-entered garage attic an antique Russian
bolt-action rifle, a Mosin-Nagant in 7.62 by 54mm, an obsolete rifle
designed for the Czar’s army. The example which Ian owned had been
manufactured before his deceased grandfather had been born in Holland,
and to a modern eye it was bizarre looking with a wooden fore stock
extending all the way out to the end of its thirty inch long barrel.
Obsolete or not, Viet Cong snipers had been capable of hitting unlucky
American sentries at well beyond 600 meters with them, and communist
bloc shooting teams had always performed well in international target
competitions with accurized versions.

Ian had bought his Nagant for $75 cash outside of a gun show that he’d
stumbled across in West Virginia, while on a kayaking trip with Roy.
He’d sensed its potential and never shown it to anyone else but his
friend. Once he’d shot it a few times and discovered how uncannily
accurate it was when firing good quality ammunition, he’d made the
effort to put a cheap 3X9 variable magnification Bushnell scope on it
for another $175 cash, including a special Nagant scope mount. For $250
he had a rifle which could hit ten inch diameter paper plate targets
taped to cardboard boxes a paced-off 550 yards away, as long as he was
firing from a steady rest position.

And a steady rest position is exactly what he had here, 550
yards across Glen Falls Park from Senator Randolph’s back deck. Ian’s
antique Nagant was lying balanced across a rotten tree stump. Without
his even touching the rifle it was aligned so that her house could be
seen when he leaned over from his sitting position and looked through
the bright ocular lens of the scope. He had never attended a military
sniper school, and he was not wearing a bushy burlap rag covered
“ghillie suit.” He didn’t lie frozen in place in the prone-position
ready to shoot for hours on end, perfectly disguised as a six foot long
patch of weeds. He just sat behind a tree stump surrounded by bushes,
wearing a faded green sweat suit, and waited for her to come home.
Except for his skin-colored latex surgical gloves and the rifle, he
could have just been a hiker or a bird watcher taking a rest.

By 5:45 pm the sun was dropping low into the woods behind him,
but it was still shining on the Senator’s deck when he saw the colorful
flash of vehicles rushing up her private drive and disappearing out of
his sight on the other side of her house. He put his binoculars and his
water bottle back into his brown daypack, and hunched up close behind
his rifle as his heart raced from sixty to well over a hundred beats a
minute.

He was sitting Indian-style with his shins against the base of the tree
stump. The low wooden stock of the Nagant didn’t provide a good “cheek
weld” to Ian’s face when he was looking through the scope, which was
raised well above the original iron sights, but this kept his skin, and
his DNA, from being left on it. He squirmed his body into a tighter
position behind the rifle and the Senator’s house leaped out through
the light-grabbing ocular lens of the scope, which was already turned
to its maximum 9X magnification. At that range and magnification, the
Senator’s house filled the entire diameter of the lens from side to
side. With the rifle so well supported along its length by the decayed
stump, and his body position so steady, the crosshairs remained fixed
and unmoving on her back doors.

A sturdy-looking waist-high wooden railing prevented people
from tumbling off the deck and fifteen feet down to the ground behind
the Senator’s house. Kelby saw the railing as an obstacle which could
potentially deflect his shot if she came out and sat down right away.
It would be chancy to try for a shot over or through the rails if she
were sitting, but it was doable as a last resort with the heavy 180
grain bullet he had in the chamber.

Ten minutes after Senator Randolph’s party arrived home, Kelby
saw the curtains move behind her large sliding glass doors, then they
slid open and a man in a dark jacket and white shirt came out, holding
his own pair of binoculars. He spent barely a minute scanning the
valley and the distant woods, and Kelby had to stifle his laughter at
the man’s feeble effort at counter-surveillance. His shooting position
was in deep shadows and quite invisible from the house, while the
Senator’s back deck was a floodlit stage in the late afternoon sun.

At 6:05 the Senator herself finally came out, wearing blue
slacks and a beige cardigan sweater. Her chin-length dyed auburn hair
was as stiffly styled and coiffed as it always was, moving with her
face like a medieval helmet. The Senator and a different man, this one
in a gray suit, walked over to the railing. She was pointing with her
arm to the stream with its little foot bridge, and other features
visible to her in the meadow.

Kelby steadied the Bushnell’s thin black crosshairs on her left armpit
to account for the slight cross breeze, and began squeezing the
Nagant’s trigger while slowly exhaling. His heart was racing wildly,
his blood was surging with such force that he could hear nothing but
its whooshing in his ears, but the crosshairs remained steady while his
right finger gently squeezed.

Suddenly with a deafening BLAM the rifle’s hardwood stock
launched itself back into his right shoulder, and the thin metal rim at
the back of the scope struck him just above his right eye. He quickly
reacquired the back deck through the scope for one last quick look:
somebody was down, and there was a flurry of activity around his or her
body. Randolph wasn’t visible, so logically it had to be her lying on
the deck behind the railing.

He retracted the bolt slowly to extract the single shell case by hand;
he didn’t want to leave that particular piece of evidence behind. The
empty brass shell went into his brown day pack, and then he gently
tossed the rifle into a patch of thick ferns. It was just an
untraceable single-use throwaway, and he had others. He peeled off his
latex gloves and stuffed them into his pack.

After a quick scan of the area for anything left behind, Kelby
put on his pack, jogged a short distance to where a cheap mountain bike
was stashed, and pedaled hard and fast down the fire trail to where his
friend was waiting a mile away.

Roy Millard popped the trunk from inside of his burgundy Chevy
Malibu when he saw Ian pedal into view. He was parked behind an
abandoned gas station on a bypassed and seldom-used rural blacktop
behind the state park. Kelby threw his bike inside the open trunk,
slammed it shut, and got in on the passenger side. He high-fived his
friend, who then handed him a cold bottle of Gatorade, started the
engine and slowly drove off.

“I heard it.  You get her?”
“Yeah.” Kelby guzzled half of the bottle of green liquid in one long
drink. There had not been a molecule of moisture in his mouth since he
had seen the cars arriving at her house.
“You sure?”
“Positive… I think.  Yeah, I got her.”

An excerpt from the excellent book Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So in essence we have the Judicial branch dictating to Congress what they must do in concert with the Executive  Branch dictating what they must do........

No, you have a congresscritter lying his ass off to you. Congress passed legislation labeling CO2 as a pollutant. The Bush EPA did not enforce that hair-brained legislation. The enviroweenies took them to court to MAKE them enforce the provisions of the law that regulated CO2 as a pollutant. The USSC eventually ruled that the executive had to enforce the law as it was passed by Congress.

The USSC didn't make CO2 a pollutant by judicial fiat. Congress did it by legislative fiat.

What he told you is a bald faced lie...and that's 100% of what's wrong with the system. People like him can lie like a fucking rug and get away with it by blaming the complexities of the government that THEY helped create.

You should send him a nice response letter outlining the facts listed above and politely inform him that you don't appreciate being lied to. Especially spend some time expressing how unhappy you are that he thinks you're stupid enough to buy that load of tripe.

Thanks for that tid-bit.  I'll make it known to everyone at his town hall meeting in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The boiling point is near...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y98HxYbsdBM

Don't read the comments on that one. Damn thay pissed me off.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer torches and pitchforks, but I'm a fan of old movies.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UjY3YDlwA

Here's another one courtesy of Drudge.........

this is crazy. i remember the early 90s and I don't remember people this pissed off before.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UjY3YDlwA

Here's another one courtesy of Drudge.........

this is crazy. i remember the early 90s and I don't remember people this pissed off before.

Back then it was more a minor annoyance...that has been building ever since.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
For this operation Ian Kelbyhad selected from his seldom-entered garage attic an antique Russianbolt-action rifle, a Mosin-Nagant in 7.62 by 54mm, an obsolete rifledesigned for the Czar’s army. The example which Ian owned had beenmanufactured before his deceased grandfather had been born in Holland,and to a modern eye it was bizarre looking with a wooden fore stockextending all the way out to the end of its thirty inch long barrel.Obsolete or not, Viet Cong snipers had been capable of hitting unluckyAmerican sentries at well beyond 600 meters with them, and communistbloc shooting teams had always performed well in international targetcompetitions with accurized versions.

Ian had bought his Nagant for $75 cash outside of a gun show that he’dstumbled across in West Virginia, while on a kayaking trip with Roy.He’d sensed its potential and never shown it to anyone else but hisfriend. Once he’d shot it a few times and discovered how uncannilyaccurate it was when firing good quality ammunition, he’d made theeffort to put a cheap 3X9 variable magnification Bushnell scope on itfor another $175 cash, including a special Nagant scope mount. For $250he had a rifle which could hit ten inch diameter paper plate targetstaped to cardboard boxes a paced-off 550 yards away, as long as he wasfiring from a steady rest position.

And a steady rest position is exactly what he had here, 550yards across Glen Falls Park from Senator Randolph’s back deck. Ian’santique Nagant was lying balanced across a rotten tree stump. Withouthis even touching the rifle it was aligned so that her house could beseen when he leaned over from his sitting position and looked throughthe bright ocular lens of the scope. He had never attended a militarysniper school, and he was not wearing a bushy burlap rag covered“ghillie suit.” He didn’t lie frozen in place in the prone-positionready to shoot for hours on end, perfectly disguised as a six foot longpatch of weeds. He just sat behind a tree stump surrounded by bushes,wearing a faded green sweat suit, and waited for her to come home.Except for his skin-colored latex surgical gloves and the rifle, hecould have just been a hiker or a bird watcher taking a rest.

By 5:45 pm the sun was dropping low into the woods behind him,but it was still shining on the Senator’s deck when he saw the colorfulflash of vehicles rushing up her private drive and disappearing out ofhis sight on the other side of her house. He put his binoculars and hiswater bottle back into his brown daypack, and hunched up close behindhis rifle as his heart raced from sixty to well over a hundred beats aminute.

He was sitting Indian-style with his shins against the base of the treestump. The low wooden stock of the Nagant didn’t provide a good “cheekweld” to Ian’s face when he was looking through the scope, which wasraised well above the original iron sights, but this kept his skin, andhis DNA, from being left on it. He squirmed his body into a tighterposition behind the rifle and the Senator’s house leaped out throughthe light-grabbing ocular lens of the scope, which was already turnedto its maximum 9X magnification. At that range and magnification, theSenator’s house filled the entire diameter of the lens from side toside. With the rifle so well supported along its length by the decayedstump, and his body position so steady, the crosshairs remained fixedand unmoving on her back doors.

A sturdy-looking waist-high wooden railing prevented peoplefrom tumbling off the deck and fifteen feet down to the ground behindthe Senator’s house. Kelby saw the railing as an obstacle which couldpotentially deflect his shot if she came out and sat down right away.It would be chancy to try for a shot over or through the rails if shewere sitting, but it was doable as a last resort with the heavy 180grain bullet he had in the chamber.

Ten minutes after Senator Randolph’s party arrived home, Kelbysaw the curtains move behind her large sliding glass doors, then theyslid open and a man in a dark jacket and white shirt came out, holdinghis own pair of binoculars. He spent barely a minute scanning thevalley and the distant woods, and Kelby had to stifle his laughter atthe man’s feeble effort at counter-surveillance. His shooting positionwas in deep shadows and quite invisible from the house, while theSenator’s back deck was a floodlit stage in the late afternoon sun.

At 6:05 the Senator herself finally came out, wearing blueslacks and a beige cardigan sweater. Her chin-length dyed auburn hairwas as stiffly styled and coiffed as it always was, moving with herface like a medieval helmet. The Senator and a different man, this onein a gray suit, walked over to the railing. She was pointing with herarm to the stream with its little foot bridge, and other featuresvisible to her in the meadow.

Kelby steadied the Bushnell’s thin black crosshairs on her left armpitto account for the slight cross breeze, and began squeezing theNagant’s trigger while slowly exhaling. His heart was racing wildly,his blood was surging with such force that he could hear nothing butits whooshing in his ears, but the crosshairs remained steady while hisright finger gently squeezed.

Suddenly with a deafening BLAM the rifle’s hardwood stocklaunched itself back into his right shoulder, and the thin metal rim atthe back of the scope struck him just above his right eye. He quicklyreacquired the back deck through the scope for one last quick look:somebody was down, and there was a flurry of activity around his or herbody. Randolph wasn’t visible, so logically it had to be her lying onthe deck behind the railing.

He retracted the bolt slowly to extract the single shell case by hand;he didn’t want to leave that particular piece of evidence behind. Theempty brass shell went into his brown day pack, and then he gentlytossed the rifle into a patch of thick ferns. It was just anuntraceable single-use throwaway, and he had others. He peeled off hislatex gloves and stuffed them into his pack.

After a quick scan of the area for anything left behind, Kelbyput on his pack, jogged a short distance to where a cheap mountain bikewas stashed, and pedaled hard and fast down the fire trail to where hisfriend was waiting a mile away.

Roy Millard popped the trunk from inside of his burgundy ChevyMalibu when he saw Ian pedal into view. He was parked behind anabandoned gas station on a bypassed and seldom-used rural blacktopbehind the state park. Kelby threw his bike inside the open trunk,slammed it shut, and got in on the passenger side. He high-fived hisfriend, who then handed him a cold bottle of Gatorade, started theengine and slowly drove off.

“I heard it.  You get her?”

“Yeah.” Kelby guzzled half of the bottle of green liquid in one longdrink. There had not been a molecule of moisture in his mouth since hehad seen the cars arriving at her house.

“You sure?”

“Positive… I think.  Yeah, I got her.”

An excerpt from the excellent book Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/

Read that last week!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I've found bulk pine tar in 55 gallon drums for those interested in a group buy...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top