Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:22:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2005 7:11:50 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:17:46 AM EDT
As nice as it is to fantazise about taking the money the reality is that you would be caught and your live would be destroyed i.e. ending up in Leavenworth forever. You would bring shame upon your squad, unit, battilion, division, military, country, family etc... That is a totally lose lose scenario. As far as the part you missed, apart from the kid with one leg back at home dealing with it, dim ended up pulling out a stack of cash from under one of the humvee's and giving some to smoke and mailing the rest I think to Ms B. home address for her kid after she told him she had really went awol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:58:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2005 7:12:12 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:04:44 AM EDT
Dim should have just blasted the wall with his M203. He returned fire a couple of times but only with the rifle. Hello, you have a greanade launcher clamped to your M4! No need to crash a Humvee through it. But that wouldn't be exciting TV
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:08:36 AM EDT
I wouldn't mind seeing that .

It's ashame I have to work on wedensday nights but I atleast still get to see a good 40 min. of it before I have to leave. I just hate missing out on the last 15 min. or so.

From,
Joe....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:17:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 5:18:01 AM EDT by photoman]
So to get back at his cheatin' woman, Dim bangs Mrs. B

Damn is there anyone that Mrs B isn't banging?

I've missed to many of the episodes to really know whats all going on, shoulda kept up with it but didn't. I'll wait for it to hit DVD......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:24:07 AM EDT

So basically everyone who is in the sand box is getting cheated on back home...

I'm sure the troops love to see that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:25:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2005 7:12:46 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:29:14 AM EDT
only the Iraqis can steal boat loads of cash
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:30:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By --bullseye--:
Dim should have just blasted the wall with his M203. He returned fire a couple of times but only with the rifle. Hello, you have a greanade launcher clamped to your M4! No need to crash a Humvee through it. But that wouldn't be exciting TV

Wouldn't have done any good, the 40mm round has to make so many rotations before it arms. I doubt that the distance that it would have. Now tossing a grenade over the wall may have been an option......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:33:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fly223:
I wouldn't mind seeing that .

It's ashame I have to work on wedensday nights but I atleast still get to see a good 40 min. of it before I have to leave. I just hate missing out on the last 15 min. or so.

From,
Joe....

I think it replays 3 or 4 times throughout the week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:54:02 AM EDT
I finaly remember who the hell the chick that plays Mrs B is. She was in Maxim(that would turn this BOTD real quick posting her pic from maxim), and a bunch of other stuff too, jepers creepers 2 as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:18:03 AM EDT
It was an interesting topic, as I'm sure it was a fairly common issue among the troops that were raiding all of Saddām's palaces.

It's especialy interesting when you consider what's actually done wih the money that's confiscated? After it leaves the hands of the troops who find it, it surely must pass through a lot more hands. So it bumps up the odds that someone's gonna try to get a taste.

After that who gets it? I think I remember it being said that all of the "riches" found/confiscated would be returned to the Iraqi government. Well, in one regard that makes sense since Saddām had pretty much been stealing it from the people for himself. But what about the US and all the money we're putting out to fund their freedom? The "spoils" of this war surely aren't showing up at the pumps in the form of cheaper gas prices. If the US kept any of it odds are the politicians would squander it rather than put it back into the treasurey to replenish any deficit they have incurred on us.

It's pretty frustrating and I can totally understand how the soldiers could justify seriously considering taking some of it. At the end of the episode the lesson didn't seem so much abou morals as "make sure you hide it well".

PS... can we just have one "Official Over There" thread in the movie forum and be done with it? Whoever starts it can just put (Update: Episode #) in the title. There are about 36 Over There threads, I think 5 or so locked.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:24:07 AM EDT
I would have taken some of the money, they would not have found it with the search they showed on TV. It would have been more like "hey we found three million dollors and killed all the bad guys".
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:28:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By erickktm:
I would have taken some of the money, they would not have found it with the search they showed on TV. It would have been more like "hey we found three million dollors and killed all the bad guys".

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:33:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2005 7:13:16 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:34:18 AM EDT
You gotta take the money. What the hell is the US Government going to do with it? Nothing good. The soldiers take the money that should be circulating in the US in the first place & not in the sandbox, spend it on goods here in the US & help the economy!

That's just my capitalistic theory.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:00:56 AM EDT
Doublewide aint bad.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:15:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2005 7:13:33 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:25:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:
I finaly remember who the hell the chick that plays Mrs B is. She was in Maxim(that would turn this BOTD real quick posting her pic from maxim), and a bunch of other stuff too, jepers creepers 2 as well.

Thanks for the heads up.
Not bad.
Google:
Nicki Aycox maxim
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:31:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 7:33:01 AM EDT by photoman]

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:

Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:
Doublewide aint bad.

ummm, yes she is. hahahahaha

You sure about that?
Not a lot of pics out there of her but google lizette carrion
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:31:54 AM EDT
Mrs. B and Bo Rider's wife are both totally frickin HOT!!!

Yeah, with that sorry ass search they did they could easily have walked out of there with a pallet of cash. I guess in a combat zone they can't strip them down to just their uniforms and earch their gear a little more than what they did. It would've been easy to slip a couple of stacks of bills in with the vest plates, in a canteen, hell, I'd have rolled up a stack of 10g and given myself a money suppository. It'd be worth the discomfort.

How about the cleaning kit compartment in the buttstocks. Not everyone has M4s on that show.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:49:48 AM EDT
Shit I would have ripped the springs out of half my mags and filled them with cash, trama plates would have been removed and replaced with cash. That humvee would also hold alot of hidden cash. Also, dead men tell no tales, that Iraqi would have been toast. He was a Saddam loyalist who was just firing at you two minutes ago, I would have no problem waisting him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
E-mailed Gunmetal Group, the military technical advisor company for the show Over There about all of the errors and other BS about the show. Here's the reply I got.

Thank you for the e-mail.
Any questions concerning "over there" can be directed to FX. Sean did what he could for the show, but was unable to change certain aspects that we, as combat veterans, have issues with. We have received tons of letters and e-mails regarding the problems with the show. Unfortunately we were not able to have our standards met with any satisfaction from the producers of writers. We all know that the show had errors, but we were not listened to. It is important that as the viewing audience you let your voice be heard and send as many e-mails as possible to FX concerning any issues that you had with the show. God knows that we are doing the same.
Thank you for taking the time to write us, and we hope that the show will listen to us more next season!
Semper fi
GUNMETAL

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:24:43 PM EDT
wish I could find a torrent
eps 1-8 are up but can't find 9 anywhere
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:37:44 AM EDT
Where I need to DL them I got to get caught up on the show.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:51:57 PM EDT
that LT is a dick. isn't he the one that wants to get rid of smoke because he thinks smoke got the last lt killed?
if so he just guaranteed they find a way to get him killed
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:56:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:
Where I need to DL them I got to get caught up on the show.

mininova.org
but for some reason they only have 1-8. this week hasn't been put up on any of the torrent sites I use even though shows are normally up in less than 24 hours
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:59:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
ahhh, many thanks!

ETA: so, does anyone besides me wanna see mrs b git it on with dim's wife? maybe the unit goes home on leave and dim's puttin' the boots to mrs b at his house and the wife walks in a la "nip/tuck"? or am i just a perv?

Mrs. B does have experience in this area now.

But honestly Dims drunk ass whore of a wife don't do it for me.
Top Top