Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 12:13:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree that it is a really cool bike.  It is not, however, made entirely of copper.  Much of it is steel that has been plated in the statue copper.  The copper was also ground supper fine to tint the paint that was used.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree that it is a really cool bike.  It is not, however, made entirely of copper.  Much of it is steel that has been plated in the statue copper.  The copper was also ground supper fine to tint the paint that was used.

I was going to say.. if it was completely copper it would be unbearable to ride for more than a couple minutes.. conducts heat just a little too well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that I think about it, I think they did say the tank was made out of solid copper.  It's been a while but I think I remember Rick (best fabricator on the show) was talking about never having used copper before.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I was there.

What a SWEAT FEST.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now that I think about it, I think they did say the tank was made out of solid copper.  It's been a while but I think I remember Rick (best fabricator on the show) was talking about never having used copper before.

Well he was in for a treat because Copper is a dream to form. - OTOH it is a real bitch to machine because its gummy and "Grabs" the tool and rips out little chunks causing pits and craters...

( I have to machine pure deoxidized copper for laser heatsinks from time to time.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top