Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2002 4:25:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#1]
And remember:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.  Even if you win, you're still a retard.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
norman74 said:
> calling someone a dumbass, "an" dipshit, or stupid really doesn't do anything to help your cause.<

Overall, good points but some people are best described as "a dumbass, a dipshit, or stupid".

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
How bout JACKASS? Can we use that one?[:P]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that and shitbird are still ok.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that and shitbird are still ok.
View Quote

As in "look here you fuckin ShitBird JackAss"?

If so good, cuz I was sweating that for minute.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Is assclown still a no-no?

As in "Hey assclown! Yeah, you! Look here you fuckin ShitBird JackAss"?

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Godwin's Law (prov.  [Usenet]):
       As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a
       comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is
       a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread
       is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically
       lost whatever argument was in progress.  Godwin's Law thus
       guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in
       those groups.

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
norman74 said:
> calling someone a dumbass, "an" dipshit, or stupid really doesn't do anything to help your cause.<

Overall, good points but some people are best described as "a dumbass, a dipshit, or stupid".

View Quote

Most of these (The aforementioned) already know that they are and do not need to be reminded![shock]

Most people are so ignorant that they can not carry on a resonable argument. If you need proof you need to look no further than Delta Uniform![whacko]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#10]
aww, come on.. assclown has a special place in my heart that always reminds me of AR15.com...

ahh... i remember the thread... I was asking what I should change my handle to, and the suggestion came that 'Assclown' was still available.  The heartfelt thoughtfulness of that reply touched me deeply, and is etched into my memory forever...

oh, assclown... what a wonderful name...

[/assclown]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Uh, what about fucking moron? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Evidently you haven't read my book, "[i]Eviscerate Your Enemies: A Primer For No-Holds Barred Verbal Assaults[/i]". [stick]

That's a follow-up to my previous book, "[i]Debate And Demolish: Extremism In Debating Is No Vice[/i]". [XX(][heavy]
[:D]

Though your intentions to elevate the level of discourse here above that of a verbal moshpit are noble (if not futile [:D]) I think you miss the point of why [i]some people[/i] here [:)] add more "colorful" verbiage to their online debates - because it's FUNNY!

It's also a great way to vent some steam when some absolutely pathetic, moronic, asinine, dipsh!t-for-brains, male-pubic-hair-flossing, corksugging, mutherfargging ICEHOLE spews some OUTRAGEOUSLY IDIOTIC horsesh!t that just [u]BEGS[/u] for a harsh bitchslapping rebuke. [chainsawkill]

Ahem... But I digress.

Now I agree that a post that offers NO points, counterpoints, facts or logical arguments and ONLY relies on ad hominem attacks is NOT the way to win a debate, but I see nothing wrong with "sprinkling" one's strongly supported arguments with a little gratuitious pokes and jabs for purely entertainment value.

But I guess it also depends on WHO your debating opponent is too. Regular trolls who regularly spew BS are probably not going to understand a well-though out and finely worded response anyway so why waste the effort?
Just frag 'em. [frag]

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey Macallan!

You one wise and funny sum-bitch!!!!!!!!!

And, you've obviously got great taste in singles. The Macallan is some mighty fine shit, one of my faves.  My absolute fave, though, still has to be Ardbeg, and that immedietly followed by Lagavulin.  I've got a big time  thing for that mega iodine/peat Islay whisky.  Probably the best Islay/Highlands "best of both worlds" whisky out there (and another one of my all time faves) is Highland Park.  Yumm.

-Eric
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Good points...but sometimes "dumbass" just fits too perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#16]
When in a debate, pointing out a spelling deficiency, or a grammar error, is just as indicative of a lack of compelling arguments as any of your examples.

Name calling, quite often, and especially in online debates, refocuses the attention of the person you are specifically trying to lash out at.  It gets their head back on the topic and keeps them focused on your points and not some other crap they want to spout off about.

It worked like a charm in our exchange.....pulled you right back to me. [;)]

Enjoy your debating........and for the record:

I do [b]"get"[/b] it, just don't agree with you. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#17]
What about ASS PIRATE??? Can I still call someone that??? Huh, can I? Can I?

C4
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't be a debating Nazi.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
       those groups.

View Quote

No problem circumventing that- all one has to do is bring up Stalin, Mao, Lenin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Rwanda, Biafra, Armenia and the Turks, et al- there are more than enough horrendous genocidal dictatorships in history to go around for everybody to draw conclusions from, without having to dip into the NSDAP and its deeds....

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Where's the part about calling someone a liberal scumbag?  That's got to be in the rule book somewhere, 'cuz it shore is judiciously used by all the  conservative whores[:)]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
       those groups.

View Quote

What about including a hot link to a nazi website--does that count?
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Guess you don't get it? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When in a debate, pointing out a spelling deficiency, or a grammar error, is just as indicative of a lack of compelling arguments as any of your examples.
View Quote

The problem is that some people can't string together 5 words to make a sentence, and because of that it is virtually impossible to understand just what it is they're talking about.  Just look at everything C_brooks wrote in our other debate.  I honestly have no idea what it is he's trying to get across.  I understand that he disagrees with me, but anything after that is lost.
View Quote

So it's a consensus then!  Picking apart grammar and spelling is just as weak as name calling, and just as indicative of a lack of argumentative material.  If you can't understand him, move on.  However, his post served to fulfill your need to feel superior in an online debate.  Since you could call him out on spelling and grammar....

BTW, [b]YOUR[/b] assertion that someone doesn't understand something because they have a differing view is setting yourself up to argue from a position of weakness.  You enter the debate with an [b]assumed[/b] advantage, because anything anyone says that has merit can immediately be dismissed with, "See, you don't get it."  If that is [B]ever[/b] the case, then your debating skills are far less adept than your grammar skills.  In a debate you should have clear points that allow the opponent to understand your argument to the fullest.  If you can't explain yourself so that the lowest common denominator understands, then you have failed your argument.  Or were you only engaging the "educated" members to debate you? [?]

You should rethink your continual slamming of people and look at the deficiencies you have in your areas of weakness.

Ed    
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Not to hijack the thread, but before you criticize someone for grammatical errors ("an" dipshit,) first look through the windows of your own glass house.
Quoted:
She said that she thought that helmets should be required because if she hit a motorcyclist through no fault of her own, and he wasn't wearing a helmet and died, then she would just [b]feel[/b] [red]aweful.[/red]
View Quote
The word is "awful."  "Aweful" would imply "filled with awe" but it is, alas, not a recognized English word as yet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Soz den ju knoze wher day bez comin from?

Or not?

I see an error from time to time but it is not important if they misspelled a word or not.

It is also unimportant if they used the wrong word or the wrong grammatical structure.

It serves only to boost my ego if I point it out or correct it...Unless it is a poke at someone in fun![;)]

Did you notice the "emoticon" to signal the poke?

I have mo' important thang's to do than try to teach the world how to spell![:D]

Some people try to be "Free Thinkers" but end up being "Non-Thinkers" instead!

"If everyone is thinking the same thing then someone isn't thinking!" Gen. George S. Patton?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

"You are not an assclown.  You are their asscaptain.  How was that dickpie you had for breakfast you fucking shitbird-jackass?"

Would I be correct in assuming that the previous statement is frowned upon?  How disappointing.  The type of stuff that makes my blood boil is the following:

"You are a idiot.  I'm not going to answer you're threads any more.  Besides, it's a mute point anyways.  In order for us too get a long, you stay over their and I'll be over hear."
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#29]
4)Don't immediately go out of your way to come across as arrogant.

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For someone who I once commended for being one of the few to stand up for your belief, you certainly have delighted in trying to take me down a peg without having to actually resort to name calling per se.  Being insulting to someone can take more forms than simply calling someone a dumbass.  I don't think I've been anything but civil to you.  My comment about C_brooks' first post might have crossed the line, but my comments directed at you have been more than civil I thought.  I differentiated between you and C_brooks in that you seemed at first to be able to have an intelligent discussion, but as time wears on you have resorted to being insulting.  This does not bode well for your position.
View Quote

Here's my biggest clue to you yet, and one I outlined in more detail in my response to you via IM.  C_Brooks is a member of this community, thus I treat him as my extended family.  I don't even know him, but I know we had a disagreement in a previous thread.  Nothing serious and I took it for face value.  However, your GENUINE malice towards his comments and thoughts were over the line in my mind.  I KNEW I could expand my thoughts in an efficient manner and decided to let you know exactly why you may not garner any support in your "cause" (the bashing of people via this "protocol" thread).

Further, my position is dictated by the tact I employed in railing against your "high and mighty" attitude.  Quite strong actually.

Just because we utilize DUI checkpoints today does NOT mean we will employ Gestapo agents tomorrow to view your travel log/ID card/blood sample.  As I said, your argument comes from a position of weakness with a built in rebuttal: "I knew you didn't 'get it'."  You are employing one of the weakest tactics to debate a point of view, and thanks to KBaker we can read all about it.  The slippery slope doesn't always result in the things you say [b]MAY[/b] happen.  In all likilihood they won't happen the way you say, but you say it as if it were fact.  Here is a fact: "Approximately 1.5 million drivers were arrested in 1999 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.   This is an arrest rate of 1 for every 121 licensed drivers in the United States."  So in a line of 121 cars your likelihood of getting one drunk driver is quite nearly 100%.  Based on my 5 hour stint on that checkpoint, we saw nearly 1000 cars.....arrests made: at least 10 people.  So the one checkpoint netted more than the average, since 10 is the minimum amount I recall.  "For fatal crashes occurring from midnight to 3:00 a.m., 77 percent involved alcohol."

Anyway, we are at an impass.  You will not sway me, and I could care less about swaying you.  Therefore, I vote to let it lie.

Thanks for the laughs.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

"You are not an assclown.  You are their asscaptain.  How was that dickpie you had for breakfast you fucking shitbird-jackass?"

Would I be correct in assuming that the previous statement is frowned upon?  How disappointing.  The type of stuff that makes my blood boil is the following:

"You are a idiot.  I'm not going to answer you're threads any more.  Besides, it's a mute point anyways.  In order for us too get a long, you stay over their and I'll be over hear."
View Quote

Is there some animosity between the two of you that I do not know about?

Just curious?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#32]
why can't I delete this damn thread?  I thought the topic starter could delete the whole thread by deleting their original post.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Only the almighty Goaty knows for sure![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#35]
well, I've deleted my portion of it, and I would like it if you could get rid of it, but I understand if you decide not to.  Make us stand by our words and all that, lol.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, right back at ya buddy!

AzzCloWn
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
aww, come on.. assclown has a special place in my heart that always reminds me of AR15.com...

oh, assclown... what a wonderful name...

[/assclown]
View Quote

Why thank you!

AzzCloWn
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Is "Ass Goblin" Appropriate? [:D]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#39]
In the spirit of the moment I though I would share the golden oldie of flames. [:D]

[url]http://www.stanford.edu/~zeade/public/humor/mother_of_all_flames[/url]

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce.  You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Hydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of your of whay you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really,stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective...
Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right".Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#40]
[b]"*"[/b]

You best post yet!
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/MolonLabe/arguing.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Making fun of mentally handicapped children is just plain PATHETIC. [:(]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry Ed. Sr.

I didn't realize that this topic was locked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top