BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2011 12:00:26 PM EDT
Zombies possible ?

Yeah they are.

Here's scenario where "Zombies" happen.

A virus is let loose upon the Earth

The virus destroys part of your mind, enough that most of whats left is pretty primitive and kills some others.

The ones who survive are scavenging for food, flesh, protein in any form.

Ok so the human population that was not taken ill with this virus would be fighting hard not to get infected by the virus (getting bit) or eaten by the affected virus stricken "Zombies"

Ok far fetched but not impossible  
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Close to 17,000 posts and you come up with this crap?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda like 28 days later?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Whut?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
What about water?

Yeah...
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah I'm bored LOL

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Kinda like 28 days later?

Yeah that is

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, you know what arfcom needs?  A Zombie forum!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm sure the other 17,000 odd posts are flights of literary erudition.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
well, there are insects that can take over other critters and there are democrats so..
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure the other 17,000 odd posts are flights of literary erudition.

Just as sure as your 10k posts were all literary works of art too

Glass houses and all that.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Zombies possible ?

Yeah they are.

The virus destroys part of your mind, enough that most of whats left is pretty primitive and kills some others.

Ok so the human population that was not taken ill with this virus would be fighting hard not to get infected by the virus (getting bit) or eaten by the affected virus stricken "Zombies"

Depends on what you consider a zombie. But, if you consider liberals zombies...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/1001027-rabies-influenza-zombie-virus-science/

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I saved this a while back, but the link I had is no longer working . This is from 2005.

Cambodian Troops Quarantine Quan'sul

Military Forces quarantine Quan'sul

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia.

The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rate and kills victims in fewer than 2 days.

After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

Cambodian officials say that the outbreak has been contained and the public has no need to worry.

General Ary Serey had this to say, "We have obtained samples of this new parasite and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all."

US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice opposed the plan saying that the Cambodian government holds a great biological weapon and should destroy it immediately. Cambodian officials have yet to comment.

A United Nations team will be dispatched to Cambodia to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.

WTF??
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Zombies possible ?
Yeah they are.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/1001027-rabies-influenza-zombie-virus-science/

i have read stories and experiments on rabies and mutation rates in the virus. Really interesting stuff. I doubt a zombie attack will happen, but fun to think about
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
This "theory" has never been approached before. I commend your unique thinking.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Zombies possible ?
Yeah they are.

i have read stories and experiments on rabies and mutation rates in the virus. Really interesting stuff. I doubt a zombie attack will happen, but fun to think about

"Though dead humans can't come back to life, certain viruses can induce such aggressive, zombie-like behavior, scientists say in the new National Geographic Channel documentary The Truth Behind Zombies, premiering Saturday at 10 p.m. ET/PT. (National Geographic News is part of the National Geographic Society, which part-owns the National Geographic Channel.)"

Hmmmmm....Zombies in Real Life
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#17]
that's not zombism normally construed.  the most fundamental characteristic of a zombie is re-animation––complete death, followed by returning to some limited form of life that doesn't require most biological processes (like respiration).

so yeah––what you described makes sense, but it changes the usual definition of what a zombie is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
When we talk about zombies, we don't mean "real" zombies.  We are talking about insane leftist addicted to government free shit, who subsequently go feral with looting and rioting once the said free shit ends due to either 1) the bond market cracking, 2) people waking up and realizing that the endless free shit is going to detonate the country, or 3) massive inflation as a result of money printing to cover the free shit payments, thereby making the free shit worthless.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Rabies + PCP   /thread.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rabies + PCP   /thread.

scurvy, flea ridden dogs! Oh wait- thats pirates! Nevermind.

P.S. We have amoebas in the water down here that attack the brain when you go swimmin'. Git in through your ears and nostrils. Can kill ya dead. Don't know about the re-animation part. Could be a state secret. Foretold in the prophecies?

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saved this a while back, but the link I had is no longer working . This is from 2005.

Cambodian Troops Quarantine Quan'sul

Military Forces quarantine Quan'sul

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia.

The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rate and kills victims in fewer than 2 days.

After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

Cambodian officials say that the outbreak has been contained and the public has no need to worry.

General Ary Serey had this to say, "We have obtained samples of this new parasite and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all."

US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice opposed the plan saying that the Cambodian government holds a great biological weapon and should destroy it immediately. Cambodian officials have yet to comment.

A United Nations team will be dispatched to Cambodia to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.

WTF??

snopes
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#22]
There is a forum for Zombie lovers on this site, you know?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Shit ,  I didnt even think to check snopes ...
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess depending on the virus, sure. But I don't know how you'd expect them to come up with said virus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top