Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 7:06:56 AM EDT
I have read elsewhere on the 'net some really good things about "BG 44K" fuel system cleaners.

www.bgprod.com/bgprofessional/bgproducts/autofuel.html

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Back to top!

Anyone?  Anyone?

Bueller..............Bueller.............?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
"Fuel system cleaners"have been around for quite some time.They appeal to the "pour it in the crankcase and it will re-build your engine while you drive set."Anything that would "clean"your fuel system would eat up or desolve the fuel lines.Save your money for machineguns.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Most decent mechanics or tune-up shops will offer a cleaner that screws directly into the fuel injection system, and cleans the injectors.  I used to do this occasionally in auto shop back in the days, and it does make a bit of a difference on a car that hasn't seen such a cleaning in a long time.

I'd desperately avoid the stuff that you pour into the tank.  At best, it'll probably knock loose any varnish, rust, and general crap in your tank, and plug up your fuel filters.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I also advocate saving your money.
If your vehicles fuel system is so fouled up that it shows during normal operation, then it's to late for any of those fuel additives (which I don't believe in anyway).
IMO - Save your money, go to a reputible garage and have it cleaned properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top