Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 4:32:13 PM EDT

Just watched Stargate today for the first time. Pretty good flick. Just in case you have not seen it, it is about the govt discovering a portal that will transport people and equimpent to an unknown world in the Universe.

I was amazed at how ill equiped they were arms wise.  There was one HK 91 type scoped rifle and ther rest had MP-5's and handguns.  Maybe they had more stashed somewhere else.

Here is the senario. You are placed in charge of organizing a mission to find out what is on the other side and report back if possible. Here are the parameters:

1) Due to the size and limited time the portal will be open you can only take 10 people. What type will you take and why?

2) It will be a given the atmosphere will be breathable.

3)Water? Food? Do not know what is there.

4) No vehicles as the opening is too small. 4'X4'

5) In this senario we will say the stay will be for a minimum of 10 days. The portal will be opened for re-entry on midnight the tenth day and closed until the next 10th day and so on.

6)Anything else you can think of.

Lets hear it..

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
6)Anything else you can think of.
View Quote

Ample supply of LSD to keep the dream alive?[:D]

I am always tinfoiled up for TEOTWAWKI/SHTF fantasies...but I always sucked at science fiction....
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
ill stay home, thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked that movie, but was continuously frustated because the second officer on the mission was wearing LT. Colonel insignia and was referred to as Lieutenant. And it was clear from the way his character was portrayed that they meant a Lieutenant as in either a single gold or silver bar, not a silver cluster.
It's so basic that it drove me crazy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you could fit a motorcycle through a 4'x4'. I would take SpecOps guys with me. They can protect me [:D] We would certainly be heavily armed (Well, alot more than MP5's and handguns). Get a few dirtbikes for basic transportation. Big stock of MRE's. Camera, bags to bring back rock samples, TP, little Oscar grill, and some Playboy's. Oh yes, and ALOT of tinfoil for REALLY THICK tinfoil hats.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Hey CavVet, I bet if there was some poontang on the other side of that portale you'd have some more imagination. [sex]  [beer]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Can a hot tub fit through the opening?  Don't worry about the weight - the 9 bipolar strippers I'm bringing will carry it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Tinfoil lots of tinfoil and...

Al Gore for the alien anal probes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top