Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:45:46 PM EDT
Good buddy of mine came out to help with storm damage(cuuting up downed trees) and brought his 5 yr. old daughter along. He hadn't seen my last build (16" carbine) so I show it to him shortly after his arrival. His daughter pipes up "is that a gun" and I said yes. Told my buddy he needed to try it out before he left.

After we get done we take the carbine out to the back yard. He makes ready to start shooting and his daughter says she wants to try. Well my buddy has to hold her and the rifle. She shoots and it kinda startles her. Now mind you this is the first time she has ever shot a gun, at least a real one. Being the little dare-devil, and I do mean dare-devil, that she is comes back for another shot shortly after. Buddy shoots a few more shots and she's wanting to shoot again. She would have shot more but we only ran one mag through and were out of rds. But she talked about it a couple more times before they left. I told her that she would have to come out with her dad more often.

Now how many 5 yr. old girls cut their shooting teeth on an AR? I think that she will be back again and can't wait till she is big enough to start making hits.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job.

I cannot wait until my son is old enough to take shooting.  He's only 2 1/2 right now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well this hasn't gotten many repliesin the last couple days. I thought that introducing another youngster to the shooting world would have gotten more interest. So btt one last time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job. My g/f (ooooooooops ex) was scared of my AR. Only cause it was loud. Finally talked her into shooting it and she LOVED it!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top