Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:45:54 PM EDT
It's been a few years since I did one of these. For the newcomers or those that still aren't sure if they have a large enough ammo fort, I present to you the questions you must ask in determining if you should stop buying ammo. Feel free to add to these.

You might have enough ammo if... your ammo stash has fallen through the floor.

You might have enough ammo if... you don't worry about thieves with pickup trucks or sedans, as it would require a forklift and semi trailer to make a dent in your stash

You might have enough ammo if... you can scientifically measure the gravitational distortion of your ammo stash

You might have enough ammo if... hikers that get lost near your property have shown up because their compass is attracted to your supply of steel cased ammo

You might have enough ammo if... you have to use scientific notation when calculating your ammo supply

You might have enough ammo if... you have built a separate structure just to store your ammo, and now are looking at building a new warehouse

You might have enough ammo if... you have more rounds of ammo than residents in your county

You might have enough ammo if... you have more rounds of ammo than residents in your state

You might have enough ammo if... at your current rate of consumption, it will take longer for you and your heirs to exhaust your ammo supply than for the sun to go nova

You might have enough ammo if... at some point in time you have ever misplaced more ammunition than your gun store usually stocks

You might have enough ammo if... your current supply of firearms and spare barrels would wear out long before your ammo supply would

You might have enough ammo if... at current prices you could trade your ammo for a nice four bedroom house

You might have enough ammo if... you have more rounds of ammunition that the number of minutes you have been alive

You might have enough ammo if... you're not too worried about market fluctuations, but if you dumped your ammo on the market at all once the market prices would collapse

You might have enough ammo if... you've ever considered using your ammo cans to build a domicile to live inside - and it would be larger than your current home

You might have enough ammo if... you own more ammo cans than cans of food

You might have enough ammo if... you could supply the ammo needs of an 80's action movie and not even notice a decrease in your stash

You might have enough ammo if... you consider your ammo stash as a hedge fund in metal commodities, and it has outperformed the market for at least a decade

You might have enough ammo if... if the SHTF you could supply a brigade sized defense force and still have enough left over for recreational shooting

You might have enough ammo if... NATO is considering giving you membership as an ally

You might have enough ammo if... NATO is concerned about you as a potential enemy

You might have enough ammo if... a keyhole satellite is tasked with monitoring your ammo dump

You might have enough ammo if... you've ever considered building a monument out of your spent brass as you don't really need to reload it

You might have enough ammo if... moving your ammo supply could result in a polar shift

You might have enough ammo if... fire scares you, and should scare everyone with 10 miles of you if only they knew

You might have enough ammo if... the amount of propellant stored in your ammo stash could launch a VW into low earth orbit

You might have enough ammo if... you have positioned your ammo cans in such a way as to provide lead shielding against a potential nuclear strike and you've calculated that you would be better shielded than those in government bunkers

You might have enough ammo if... the EPA would open a case against you for major damage to the environment if you were ever shoot your entire supply within 5 miles of a river or lake

You might have enough ammo if... you could build a two story ammo fort

You might have enough ammo if... the fed tried a buy back program on ammo you would bankrupt the government

You might have enough ammo if... your personal ammo dump is considered a strategic reserve and is included in DoD planning documents

You might have enough ammo if... a collapse of part of your ammo dump caused the USGS to issue an earthquake and/or tsunami alert

You might have enough ammo if... moving your ammo supply across country would cost more money than you made in the past 5 years

You might have enough ammo if...
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can never have enough ammo...
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You might have enough ammo if undefined comes over to your place and says "damn, you need to seek mental help."
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I never thought I had enough.... until I moved.  Then I understood why people thought I was crazy.  Sagged the suspension on a half ton pickup.  

I had to "hide it" by placing large moving boxes on top of the ammo can stacks in order to stage the old house I was selling.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You might have enough ammo if you can recycle all the brass and can build enough king-sized brass beds to outfit a 24-room cathouse.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not have enough ammo by anyone's standards.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 87 rounds..one each in my 87 mags..spring fails are not an issue.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
You might have enough ammo if the military stops by to get ammo on the way to deployment.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can never have enough ammo...
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is strategicly located over load bearing walls for this reason
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
You probably have enough ammunition if, you have 31,536,000 or more rounds, this is not an arbitrary number, it's how many seconds there are in 365 days, aka 1 year.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I need more ammo
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Never. Enough. Ammo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never. Enough. Ammo.
View Quote

The Pony knows.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't have that much, but when I moved last year I had to weigh my ammo as it was going into the truck. The payload is only 1,300 lbs, so it took 2 trips to get it to the new house.

I work for a medium-sized police department and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I own more ammunition than the PD does.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I do not have enough ammo by anyone's standards.
View Quote

you have far more than enough by any gun grabber's standards.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Ammo is like TP, when the shit hits the fan there is no such thing as "too much"
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't have enough then. Damn.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#20]
You might have enough ammo if... This happens!

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Ammo can create a sinkhole?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I know of a guy who has about 5-6 pallets of ammo, stored in ammo cans and shrink-wrapped in his walk-in basement that is accessible by a driveway that wraps around to the back of the house.  I think he did use a forklift to get it all in there.  I have no idea how much that is but I'm pretty sure it is easily enough to wipe out an entire town.  A fairly large town.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have 87 rounds..one each in my 87 mags..spring fails are not an issue.
View Quote
You're doing it...differently.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Well played jester
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#26]
FPNI

/thread
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine sits on a concrete floor. It's like an anchor for the house
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#28]
You might have enough ammo when you know that if the local media found out about your stash that they would have invent a new word to describe it since "Arsenal" is an understatement.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a word of advice... Put them on 2X4's  Keep the ammo cans off the concrete floor.
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=559624
[[youtube]https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=626842[/youtube]

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I use barrel life as a metric. If the ammo stash is more than I have barrel life in those guns, , I concentrate purchases on a different caliber.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Needs a sticky.  

Love this thread.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Needs a sticky.  

Love this thread.  
View Quote

It does get old having to answer the questions of "Should I buy more ammo" or "Do you think I'm stacked deep enough on ammo" or "How much ammo should I buy"
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#33]
...if neckbeards find themselves mysteriously drawn to your front door at 0700, but don't know why.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I need more ammo
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

That could be a new explanation if "tragic boating accident" doesn't work!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#36]
you might have enough ammo if....... if your ammo dump were to explode, it would send the earth hurtling into deep space, like the moon did in the series 1999, when their nuke dump exploded.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#37]
You might have enough ammo if.............Is this a trick question?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Valid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Nope.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You might have enough ammo if.............Is this a trick question?
View Quote

Why yes, yes it is.
Top Top