Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 4:13:13 PM EDT
I said this when he was talking about invading iraq so I am not monday morning quarter backing.

Bush should have waited on going to war in iraq, build up the military, then about 8 months before the election invade. Remember the public approval numbers bush had after we invaded Iraq. He would have the election in the bag.

Now it looks like he win but its going to be close.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
He waited 14 months!

You don't put National Security over personnal ambitions you asshat!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with sarge. ( maybe not the asshat thing tho...)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Kerry will lose because he is teh suck...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Bush's biggest mistake was signing the steel tariff.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He waited 14 months!

Sgatr15

Ok national security, were we in any way threatened by saddam? Nope. I am glad we got rid of him but its not like we couldn't have waited a little longer. And I think we could also have less strain on the military if we had built up more before invading.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bush's biggest mistake was signing the steel tariff.  

If you mean signing the protectionist tariff, I agree with you, that was a mistake.  But not his biggest one.

His biggest was that ridiculous amnesty offer to illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
He had to do something wrong or right, and not look back !
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with Sarge also. Even though Kerry in the White House would be detrimental to America, you don't jeopardize the nation's welfare over the squabels of presidential terms. If we did that, we would be no better than North Korea, Cambodia, the Sudan, etc... all those countries with leaders that use the people instead of serving them.

Also, the amnesty that Bush granted illegals was only for those that entered the military. It reduced their naturalization time by half if they served 4 years. I believe if you want to be an American so bad that you will join the military, then you are welcome in my house. Fuck, there are liberal, draft-dodging, dick ticklers that are already citizens that wouldn't protect our country.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I really doubt I for one could do a better job than George W. Bush. 10 years of U.N. sanctions and Sadam didn't listen to a one did he?NO! We are the only nation capable of FORCING him to comply. Bush is right in fighting him were he did , when he did! Sadam would have eventually got all the weapons he needed to make September 11 look like a paper cut! Would you rather fight the enemy here, or over there? Would you rather have a guy up close and personal stabbing you or your family or would you rather have him at gun point at a distance? I would rather have him at gun point at a distance. Maybe you think up close and personal would be better.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He waited 14 months!

Sgatr15

Ok national security, were we in any way threatened by saddam? Nope. I am glad we got rid of him but its not like we couldn't have waited a little longer. And I think we could also have less strain on the military if we had built up more before invading.

Maybe we were maybe we weren't that wasn't the point, the point was after a decade of empty ultimatums Saddam had no fear of the US, which put us in a bad position to deal with other countries and groups, we had for years making hollow threats, these hollow threats gave rise to a belief in many areas of this world that if we weren't willing to take on Saddam when we were clearly in teh right to do so, meant that they could blow hit up and kill people in the US without fear, because the US was all talk and no action. Bush asked Saddam nicely to let the inspectors do thier thing without restrictions or get his ass handed to him, he chose to push the limits of a leader who was not interested in global populartiy and understood that there have to be consequences to be paid for inflamatory behaviour, whether that be crashing planes into civilian targets or leading the world to believe you have WMD while not allowing inspectors to prove you don't. Saddams only power came from the threat that he had WMD, not actually having them.

I think Bush's biggest mistake was to allow people to forget what's posted above.
When we invaded Iraq, we bipassed anything that didn't hold strategic value with the intent of returning and passifying those areas. The way I see it, things are still going to plan, but the media is portraying it as failure, and getting away with it. Saddam would still be in power if he'd done what was asked. Instead he wanted to jerk us around. If Bush had waited longer, we may not have been able to have accomplished as much. Suppose we went in now, and he lost the election?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top