Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:53:37 AM EDT
www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/GL13Aa02.html

Steven Spielberg's next movie tells the touching story of two male Palestinian suicide bombers who fall in love and engage in graphic on-screen sex before detonating themselves at a Natany shopping mall. Tentative title: Blowback Mountain. I made that up, of course, but more than happenstance links Ang Lee's gay cowboy film Brokeback Mountain with Spielberg's Munich, the subject of the cover story in this week's Time magazine.

It isn't only that gays have a thing for cowboys (remember the Village People?), not to mention Arabs (wasn't Lawrence of Arabia a gay flick?). The American left sympathizes with Palestinians for the same reason that it sympathizes with homosexuals, and the putatively oppressed of all hues and tongues.

Liberal Hollywood is the heart of America's Democratic Party, and its offerings for the Christmas season explain why the opposition to the present administration remains weaker even than the flailing White House. A red-state cultural revolt won the last election for President George W Bush (It's the culture, stupid!, November 5, 2004), and Hollywood presents a view of the world that Americans find –well, revolting. This is not an accident, but a nasty prank by the Zeitgeist. ...

Oh man, another classic from "Spengler". It's a good read!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Lawrence of Arabia was gay?  I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted: Lawrence of Arabia was gay?  I didn't know that.
I've never seen that movie and I'm not in a big hurry to get it now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Uh no, TE Lawrence was not gay but he was raped while briefly a prisioner of the Turks.  They showed that in the movie.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Ben Hur had some big-time homo shit going on.  Remember when Judah and his old buddy the Roman guy saw each other for the first time.  The Roman just about lost control.  According to Hollyweird history, Charlton had no idea they were doing this to him.  Heston was too straight to spot the love Joneses all other the Roman's face.  Spartacus had the scene with Tony Curtis and some other guy bathing together editted out.  Hollywierd has always had the gay crap on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: Uh no, TE Lawrence was not gay but he was raped while briefly a prisioner of the Turks.  They showed that in the movie.
Thanks for the tip! That will come in handy in a trivia contest some day. Note to self: don't be captured by Turks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh no, TE Lawrence was not gay but he was raped while briefly a prisioner of the Turks.  They showed that in the movie.

Correct…

Lawrence gave an account of his rape in his book Seven Pillars of Wisdom… this account was something that was an incredible act of courage in it day. This was twisted in to Lawrence was a homosexual and sadomasochistic … a claim there is NO evidence to support.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted: Uh no, TE Lawrence was not gay but he was raped while briefly a prisioner of the Turks.  They showed that in the movie.
Thanks for the tip! That will come in handy in a trivia contest some day. Note to self: don't be captured by Turks.

Muslims are against rape, homosexuality, and incest. Unless they do it. Then it's okay. Except they have to behead the women and goats afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted: Muslims are against rape, homosexuality, and incest. Unless they do it. Then it's okay. Except they have to behead the women and goats afterwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top