Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 1:17:30 PM EDT
There's one about 30 minutes away in Toledo. Any good? I'm heading out for dinner tonight (nobody feels like cookin'), and I figured it might be good. They look to be steak-centric. My favorite cut is prime rib. Will I be dissapointed? Pleased? How 'bout it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There's one about 30 minutes away in Toledo. Any good? I'm heading out for dinner tonight (nobody feels like cookin'), and I figured it might be good. They look to be steak-centric. My favorite cut is prime rib. Will I be dissapointed? Pleased? How 'bout it?

If you are talking about the same chain, the food is mediocre at best.  You would be served to eat somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are talking about the same chain, the food is mediocre at best.  You would be served to eat somewhere else.

Ya, I'm talking about the chain. This IS Ohio, after all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
We like them, but only because it's affordable and fairly decent.  If you're looking for really good meat, don't go there.

Find a really nice steakhouse and go enjoy a great steak or prime rib.

HH
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Lone Star Steakhouse is better.

TX Roadhoue is reasonably good...Thier green beans were good.

I was just up in Toledo,a nd, will be back up there on the 5th for a few weeks,
and the best place I ate was a mexican place out by the airport.

La Paloma or somthing?  I can't remember off the top of my had.

There's a really good Chineese place out that way too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
not worth a 30 min drive....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure what type of steak houses you guys have where you live but where I have lived Texas Roadhouse has always had excellent food especially the rolls with cinnamon honey butter.    I always get the largest t-bone steak they have to offer and I have never been disappointed.  If you have never been to one then you should go and try it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
ID rather eat a sandwitch from a gas station
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#8]
It varies from location to location. From good to barely ok food.

It's not a high end steak house.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The TX Roadhouse in Topeka is excellent.  Very good beef, good prices, great sides.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the one here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]
They're reasonably priced and have OK food.  The beer is cold and the buns are warm.

Don't expect Ruth's Chris or Morton's, though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Go during happy hour, drink two fish bowl drafts....After that everything will taste great

Sean
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#13]
mediocre food prepared and served by meth addicts.

That was my experience anyway.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#14]
As everyone said, it is not gourmet eating.
But, I like it.
We eat there every now and then.
Try the black bean sauce chicken (not sure what it is called, but it is good)
They have very good salads, unlike many restaurants these days.
And cold, cold beer.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It sucks.  You'd probably get more for the money somewhere else even in Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Go to the one in Longview, Tx.

My buddy is the Managing Partner (since Roadhouse went public,I'm not sure of his title now). The food is great, the service is great, and I eat there several times a week.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I ate at the Y a bunch of times. it always left me felling like a glazed donut, sleepy too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Average.

I would not drive 30 minutes just to eat there if other places are closer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]
The one in McAllen, Texas is very good. We eat there once a week.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a steak snob (aged or go home) and really liked the Ribeye at the Yuma, AZ one. One of the best commerical steaks I've ever had. This is of course not indicitive of the meat you will recieve there though.

Overall, I like the place and they make their shit in house, not off of a truck.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I like it and the place is always packed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#22]
If ever in Tampa, try Burns Steakhouse.  The Chateau-Brion (sp?) is orgasmic...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Speaking for the one in Waco, TX, two in San Antonio and one in (IIRC) Knoxville, TN . . . it's the best tasting steak for the dollar.  There are better steaks elsewhere, but in Texas Roadhouse's price range, I've never had anything near as good.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I like thier steaks and their ribs are pretty decent too... Better than Applebees for sure.

Now I'm hungry again...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I like thier steaks and their ribs are pretty decent too... Better than Applebees for sure.

that's like being the tallest midget at the circus
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#26]
+1 for San Antonio. Excellent!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Try Logan's Roadhouse. A division of Cracker Barrel...... They use USDA Choice steaks.  (Prime is best, followed by Choice, then Select). Most low price places don't serve Choice or Prime.  Steaks are great, and prices very low.... also free peanuts and yeast rolls.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#28]

It's ok if you're hungry enough and have no idea how to cook a steak for yourself.

Personally, I wouldn't drive across the street for a steak.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Our's is always packed, so I never go there. I refuse to wait in line for dinner.
We go to local restraunts that aren't over packed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#30]
The one near me is packed after quitting time.  Food is reasonably priced and drinks are available.  Tap beer selection is short as in the bottle.  I think the chain got the start across the river from me in Indiana.  
Rules - don't go to chains for gourmet dining and don't eat at truckstops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top