Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 6:18:41 AM EDT
Questioned by police?

Been a person of interest?

Served on a jury?

Given eye witness accounts to police on the scene?

ETC????

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup.

Local, state & federal.

I've testified before a federal grand jury.

Each experience was less than impressive.  The ineptitude at all levels of government is tremendously disappointing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Please feel free to tell your stories.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes
No
No
Yes

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes.  Unfortunately, the investigation was on me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes
no
no
yes
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]
The 5 Words:

"I have nothing to say."
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#10]
ah yes, I'm ndenway and I want to speak with my attorney.

only give your name and that of your attorney, leave it up to the lawyers, thats what you keep them on retainer for.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#11]
edited because I dont want it to come back and bite me or get me killed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quite a few. I conducted the primary information gathering and began the investigations.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#13]
No
No
No
Yes
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes part of my job description is to conduct criminal investigations.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes on questioned.

I was working for a moving company. I was leading a job, and this other guy (black gangster wannabe with an attitude problem) was my helper. Needless to say, nobody there liked working with him much, but we were having a hard time finding good people partly due to other problems that I won't get into here.

Anyways, we went on a job for an older couple, and among their furniture was a crappy nightstand full of various medicines. While we were putting it on the truck, the drawer popped open and dumped out several bottles of pills. We both gathered them up and tossed them back.

The rest of the job was fairly uneventful, but several days later, we got a complaint that the customer was missing some Oxycontin from her medicines. I had no idea what kind of drugs they had - I was busy enough without trying to figure out what drugs they were taking. The other guy was naturally the prime suspect for us. I didn't see him pocket any pills, but I wasn't watching him all that closely. The manager talked to him, and he naturally claimed he didn't do anything.

The customer called the police about it, and they questioned, or at least tried to question everybody. I told them pretty much what I wrote above, and I never heard from them again. We never heard from the other guy again. I don't know if they ever found him. I'm guessing either he stole it, or the customer was lying about it. I wasn't too worried, because I figured that it would be next to impossible for them to even charge anybody without finding the actual missing drugs, and I certainly didn't have them. If the other guy had stolen them, he probably sold them long before the police were even called.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes.

One of the many asshats that I called roomates in college was supposed to work on a motorcycle for a mutual friend.  The bike sat at our house for about six months with no work done on it at all.

Finally one day I notice it's gone.  I just figured the guy that owned it got tired of waiting and came and got it.  Nope.

Another month later a policeman comes by my house, says he has a few questions about the bike.  Me and my other roomate (not the guilty one) tell him everything we know about the whole affair.

He say's thank you and left.  Seemingly the asshat roomate had either sold or hid our friend's bike.  He was booted out of the house shortly after that.

The funny part of the story is our friend that owned the bike is a real sheister.  It was a 1982 model yamaha 400 maybe worth $500 at the time (2000).  He told the cops it was worth about $4000 to $5000.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been the object of several.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I was on a jury once.  Showed up early.  Sat in the jury room for 2 hours.  Met some nice people.  Had some laughs.  The perp who requested the jury trial never showed.  When home $20 richer.

-yj
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Of course.

Following the death of a fellow Marine at APG my whole squad was segregated and interviewed by the Army's CID.

The FBI investigates every high profile shooting or use of force in my agency for potential violatins of federal civil rights.  I've ended up on TV new footage twice and both times the FBI showed up the next day.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Please feel free to tell your stories.  

I was walking my cat once.................
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I probably still am.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
yep gave testimony
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#24]
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes

And..

I was guilty as all hell! Muahahahahah
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve been through some whaco stuff, but I think this was the most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever had to do.

It’s o’dark thirty, and I’m walking on base to my car.  Standing exactly at the hood of my car on the sidewalk is the biggest LE black guy I’ve ever seen.  At his feet, is another black guy who is handcuffed, shackled, and hog tied.

I go to the front of the car to make sure I can move it without dragging somebody away.

The guy on the pavement is cussing like a drunken sailor - stuff like ‘N-word, why you gotta shackle another N-word,’ ‘N-word, when I get out of here, I’m gonna f*ck you in the *ss,’ and things like that.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard a cussing out given of such length and severity.  

Frankly, the LE and I had a pretty good laugh - the guy is hog tied on the ground and is threatening the biggest mofo in blue I’ve ever seen.

Long story short, I had to get all gussied up and go to the Court Martial.  I was ordered by the Judge to repeat, verbatim, what the hog tied guy had said.

It was kinda funny actually to see some of the folks squirm.  But man, saying those things in court just wasn’t right.  HAHA!

This happened at Spangdahlem AB Germany in 95 or so.

Can’t remember what penalty they gave the guy.

And FWIW, the LE guy didn’t have a service dress jacket on.  I spoke with him and he told me he had a waiver because they didn’t make one big enough.  I swear his biceps were the size of my thighs.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Questioned by police?

Yes

Been a person of interest?

No

Served on a jury?

Yes

Given eye witness accounts to police on the scene?

Yes

Why do you ask?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top